PDA

View Full Version : Football on FOX

worldfamous
11-20-2011, 12:17 PM
Hello! We are staying at BLT over New Year's. My husband has already checked football schedule and found that his games are on Fox. Has anyone had experience trying to hook up rabbit ears to get a game? Or are we destined to spend some of our Disney vacation at the ESPN Zone?

Thanks in advance!

erionm
11-20-2011, 02:36 PM
The local Fox station (WOFL FOX 35) is available in-room at the WDW Resorts.

drusba
11-20-2011, 03:34 PM
It is the Fox News channel that is not available in rooms. The regular Fox TV channel that shows football games is available..

WilsonFlyer
11-20-2011, 03:42 PM
Which NFC game(s) the local affliliate in Orlando/Tampa chooses to carry is, of course, solely at the discretion of the local carrier.

DebbieB
11-20-2011, 04:38 PM
I don't think "rabbit ears" work anymore with digital TV.

carlbarry
11-20-2011, 05:29 PM
I don't think "rabbit ears" work anymore with digital TV.

Every TV is required to have an ATSC (digital) tuner. Whether the signal strength is strong enough in the room is another story. My experience with ATSC is that indoor antennaes are very iffy. I'm line of sight with the Empire State building, and have problems using an indoor antenna.
If by "rabbit ears" you mean the actual dipole antenna commonly called "rabbit ears," if the channel you are trying to watch is being broadcast on UHF, which is very likely, rabbit ears will be a very poor choice.

Havana
11-20-2011, 06:40 PM
We have watched sports at the Top of the World Lounge before. If the game is on when it is open maybe check up there to see what they have on the TV.

RaySharpton
11-20-2011, 07:04 PM
Hello! We are staying at BLT over New Year's. My husband has already checked football schedule and found that his games are on Fox. Has anyone had experience trying to hook up rabbit ears to get a game? Or are we destined to spend some of our Disney vacation at the ESPN Zone?

Thanks in advance!

http://tvlistings.aol.com/listings/fl/orlando/walt-disney-world-compass-rose/FL65475