PDA

View Full Version : Had to chuckle---UPDATE--AFTER THE VISIT

Cyndibear
11-17-2011, 05:56 PM
So I am sitting in my cubical at work and listening to a coworker that is sitting on the other side of the wall talking about her upcoming trip to Disney. They leave Tuesday before Thanksgiving and stay till that Sunday. She is talking about how it won't be crowded and she should not have to wait in lines like they do when they go to Hershey Park in the summer.

She's one of those people that went to Disney many times with her family when she was young and knows everything about it. Hasn't been back in like 5-6 years!!!

Now unless she knows something I don't.......her return chatter should be interesting.....

Cyndi

KAT4DISNEY
11-17-2011, 07:43 PM
Oh - you're bad! :rotfl:

Per Touring plans:
Tue, November 22, 2011 10 out of 10
Wed, November 23, 2011 10 out of 10
Thu, November 24, 2011 10 out of 10
Fri, November 25, 2011 10 out of 10
Sat, November 26, 2011 10 out of 10

supersuperwendy
11-17-2011, 07:44 PM
:laughing:

Micca
11-17-2011, 08:02 PM
So the moral dilemma is: Do you admit to eavesdropping and try to help, or do you succumb to the schadenfreude of knowing better? :confused3

chepic
11-17-2011, 08:05 PM
love it!!!!!!

Happy Mom2
11-17-2011, 08:26 PM
:lmao: That's hilarious! Not funny for her, but funny! :lmao:

SusieBea
11-17-2011, 08:59 PM
Hope you'll evesdrop again after she returns and let us know what she says then! ;)

Cyndibear
11-17-2011, 09:28 PM
Hope you'll evesdrop again after she returns and let us know what she says then! ;)

That won't be too much of a problem. She has a very loud voice so it is really hard to evesdrop, if you know what I mean!

Cyndi

edk35
11-17-2011, 09:31 PM
:thumbsup2 please update....:rotfl2:

She is going to be shocked. :scared1:

rentayenta
11-17-2011, 10:27 PM
popcorn:: Can't wait for the unofficial trip report. :laughing:

Simba's Mom
11-18-2011, 09:25 AM

popcorn::Yes, we all want to know how her "crowdless" trip went!

ccgirl
11-18-2011, 09:31 AM
So I am sitting in my cubical at work and listening to a coworker that is sitting on the other side of the wall talking about her upcoming trip to Disney. They leave Tuesday before Thanksgiving and stay till that Sunday. She is talking about how it won't be crowded and she should not have to wait in lines like they do when they go to Hershey Park in the summer.

She's one of those people that went to Disney many times with her family when she was young and knows everything about it. Hasn't been back in like 5-6 years!!!

Now unless she knows something I don't.......her return chatter should be interesting.....

Cyndi

I needed a good laugh today. Thanks so much!

Please post again what her thoughts were of the crowds when she returns. :laughing:

Muhlenberg
11-18-2011, 09:40 AM
:rotfl:I've never been there in November. BUT...does she really think no one else has ever thought of going to Disney when the kids are off from school??? You might have to tie weights to her shoes so her head isn't up in the clouds somewhere. :laughing:

Disney_Mama
11-18-2011, 10:07 AM
:lmao:Can't wait to hear what she says when she gets back.....

bwvBound
11-18-2011, 10:21 AM
There was a time, at least for Disneyland, when Thanksgiving and Christmas were slow days. We did Thanksgiving at Disneyland for years as a family tradition. It was great!

thepops
11-18-2011, 12:49 PM
That won't be too much of a problem. She has a very loud voice so it is really hard to evesdrop, if you know what I mean!

Cyndi

Dee Vee Cee sits next to you at work? :confused3
sorry to hear that. :rolleyes1

Harlemgirl720
11-18-2011, 01:02 PM
popcorn::

KS_Disney_Dad
11-18-2011, 01:52 PM
So all those books about holidays being crowded was just a ruse to keep me away? Oh, I'm booking President's Week, Fourth of July, and Christmas.

The wife and kids will thank me for this!

TiszBear
11-18-2011, 03:42 PM
I soo needed to read this thread!! Please keep us posted on what she says after the trip. popcorn::

MErnst
11-18-2011, 06:16 PM
Too funny....keep us posted!

Inkmahm
11-19-2011, 01:57 AM
Am I the only one who feels a little bit sorry for this person who is likely to have a very frustrating vacation with expectations of no crowds? I think I'd have to speak up and try to warn her and give her any tips I could think of to help her. That is, if I had a decent working relationship with her in the first place.

kdzgon
11-19-2011, 05:58 AM
Am I the only one who feels a little bit sorry for this person who is likely to have a very frustrating vacation with expectations of no crowds? I think I'd have to speak up and try to warn her and give her any tips I could think of to help her. That is, if I had a decent working relationship with her in the first place.

No, you are not the only one. Even if I didn't have a relationship where I felt comfortable enough to offer advice, I would hope I wouldn't revel in the possibility of a disappointing vacation, especially at Disney!.

Cyndibear
11-20-2011, 04:57 PM

I tried but she didn't want to hear it. She told me she's been there several times and knows the lay of the lands. Can lead a horse to water but........:confused3

Cyndi

stmize
11-20-2011, 05:15 PM
I'm here now did Epcot yesterday and DHS today. Crowds are not bad at all. But now by Tuesday it will be a lot heavier and Wed it will be awful but doable with some planning. We come every year at this time

KAT4DISNEY
11-20-2011, 05:40 PM
I tried but she didn't want to hear it. She told me she's been there several times and knows the lay of the lands. Can lead a horse to water but........:confused3

Cyndi

I know how that goes. We took my DSis and BIL a couple of years ago. Prior to the trip I gave them a few tips for purchasing tickets and also one to bring your own coffee since BIL is a coffee snob. During the week I found myself driving to get coffee and the explanation? "Because I didn't believe you that the coffee would be that bad!". And tickets were not bought as I advised so I listened to lots of griping over that too at the ticket window.

We've had visitors that have taken advice and others that just know better. And there's not much you can do about it other than wait to hear how it went! :rolleyes:

Buckeye Fan
11-20-2011, 05:48 PM
popcorn:: Can't wait to hear the updates!

I've only been to Disney once over Thanksgiving. We were there the Wed before through the following Tuesday. We went to MK on Thanksgiving Day, and all I can say is it was more crowded that day than it ever was during spring break. We had such a great time, though, as we took time to do all of the things we never take the time to do since we decided we'd go back on the upcoming Monday to ride the rides. When we got there on Monday, we practically had the park to ourselves. It was amazing how many people left the Sunday after Thanksgiving. You kind of do feel badly for her, even if she doesn't want to listen! :rolleyes1

yeahdisney
11-20-2011, 10:50 PM
Our friends went Thanksgiving 2 years ago, she came back and told me never again. They had 2 smaller kids I think they said they rode 3 rides in a day because the crowds were so large.

maburke
11-21-2011, 08:35 AM
To make matters worse, the school systems around metro Atlanta have this entire week off. So I'm guessing it will get more crowded even earlier in the week than usual.

lilpooh108
11-21-2011, 03:46 PM
There was a time, at least for Disneyland, when Thanksgiving and Christmas were slow days. We did Thanksgiving at Disneyland for years as a family tradition. It was great!

Agreed! I remember those days....and the days of $99 APs for Disneyland, when it seemed that not everyone and their moms were AP holders ;)

donaldjack
11-21-2011, 11:22 PM
They leave Tuesday before Thanksgiving and stay till that Sunday. She is talking about how it won't be crowded and she should not have to wait in lines like they do when they go to Hershey Park in the summer.

MomofStitchandLewis
11-22-2011, 07:44 PM
It is so hard to understand why some people refuse to believe the information a "seasoned" DVC/AP person can share.

Why would we make it up?:confused3

Cyndibear
11-22-2011, 08:36 PM
Just an update:

Talked with co-worker yesterday at lunch. Asked if she wanted some additional tips and she was willing to listen, a little. Found out that she was not leaving till Wednesday (tomorrow). Flight did not leave till 5pm!!! So her first full day there will be Thanksgiving Day!!! Suggested that she try to do "rope drop" (had no clue what the meaning of that was) in order to get fast passes or on the popular rides with little or no wait. Suggested if they are doing Hollywood Studios they head to TSM right away (had no clue where that was but did know it was a "new" ride) for a fast pass or wait in line. Warned her that the fast pass line might be a longer wait than the ride itself. She was shocked at that one!!! :) Also made her aware to try to stay away from Early entry parks but that was when she told me that they will be going to the park where they made their ADR's for dinner that night and doing that park that day. Since her Mom made all the plans, she did not know where they were eating at on which day. Only one she knew was the one that had the Aquarium in it but didn't know what park. Also made her aware about the goodies you can get for snacks using the snack credit on the dining plan. She thought it was only good for popcorn or soda.

Wow! Wish I could be a little mouse. She did comment that she hopes her Sister wasn't going to be a pain wanting to wait for the Dumbo ride for hours just so her daughter could ride it. Sounds like no planning at all went into this trip. Sounds like she really does not have a clue how crowds will be. Ok, kinda feeling sorry for her now cause I KNOW how wonderful Disney can be.

Cyndi

chepic
11-23-2011, 06:06 AM
I actually feel sorry for her. It is a trip like that, that will scar a person for life!!!!

Mom B
11-23-2011, 10:07 AM
Maybe it's been long enough since her last trip so she won't notice the crowds! :lmao: Our first WDW trip was over Thanksgiving week because we were newbies and didn't know any better. Although DH says now that it was crowded, I didn't really notice...too busy taking it all in, I guess! Now that we know better, we go in less crowded times so I would notice the difference now. At least you were able to give her some good advice. Whether she takes it is up to her! Maybe she'll be more interested in your wisdom next time around! ;)

Cyndibear
12-06-2011, 08:43 PM
She's BAAAACCCCKKKK!!!!!

She had a nice time BUT, family was annoying, crowds were annoying, couldn't get on TSM--fast passes were out when they got there. Ate at Sci Fi on Thanksgiving and it wasn't that great (no kidding, I told her she shouldn't go there). She was going from morning till night but rode everything they wanted to but she needed a vacation after her vacation.

THIS is why I love DVC!!!

Cyndi

nunzia
12-07-2011, 07:50 AM

Cyndi

Yes....I warned family members about spring and they thought that since So Ca didn't have spring break when they went they'd be fine..UHH HUUUUUH..so they went, they suffered, and now they know. Sometimes people just have to experience what CROWDS mean at Disney. We took a son and family in January..they wanted to go again in October..I explained October NOW is not like October THEN (when he was a kid and the parks were empty that time of year)..so we go..we do the Halloween Party (PACKED in comparison to our lovely January) and so next year he has decided to skip October and do early November..trying to find those magical few weeks of low crowds at the parks...

rocketriter
12-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Some folks just won't prepare. I have a friend who took a daughter to MK on day when it was raining. They walked through Main Street to the central plaza at the foot of the castle, decided the whole park must be shops like Main Street, got mad because they'd wasted their money and went home. Similarly, I have relatives who went to Colonial Williamsburg a few years ago, walked down the main street, never entered a building or spoke to a guide, decided there was nothing to do and left town. (Insert sound of me repeatedly slapping myself upside the head.)

Harlemgirl720
12-07-2011, 08:43 AM
Some folks just won't prepare. I have a friend who took a daughter to MK on day when it was raining. They walked through Main Street to the central plaza at the foot of the castle, decided the whole park must be shops like Main Street, got mad because they'd wasted their money and went home. Similarly, I have relatives who went to Colonial Williamsburg a few years ago, walked down the main street, never entered a building or spoke to a guide, decided there was nothing to do and left town. (Insert sound of me repeatedly slapping myself upside the head.)

:lmao::rotfl2: