PDA

View Full Version : At BWV now, great week to be here!

wdwmouse
11-17-2011, 07:08 AM
Hello All,

My husband and I are here celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. First trip in 20 years without kids!

I am not really a trip report writer, but here is how this week went so far:

Arrived 11/13 in the afternoon, room was ready upon arrival at 3pm. Great BW view room on the 4th floor. Everything is spotless, with the exception of the coffee mugs. They must have been put away dirty by a guest, they had the rings from coffee sitting in them. No biggie, we washed them.

We are doing the dining plan for the first time, the regular one. We used Disney Visa reward dollars for it, otherwise we probably wouldn't have done it.

Headed on the bus to MK. The BW bus is being shared with only Swan and Dolphin, which is excellent. Other trips we shared with Y and B, too.

We decided to go to MK since we had dinner reservations at The Wave. With only an hour and a half at MK, we got PotC, HM, PhilMgk, SM and Snow White done. Longest wait, 5 minutes for SM.

The Wave is a very nice restaurant, and we really enjoyed the food and the server. My husband says the swordfish is his favorite meal after 4 days here.

Tuesday, we did the Segway tour of Epcot. HIGHLY recommend this tour! It was so much fun. They do training for about 40 minutes and then you are off to the WS. So awesome. I was nervous but got the hang of it after about 10 minutes.

Visited Base 21, the Siemens VIP lounge after the tour. (my husband works for Siemens). Grabbed a cold drink there and did SE. Got fastpasses for Soarin', did Nemo and Mission Space. Did Soarin', and then off to Mexico and Norway for the boat rides. Wait time for TT was about 30 minutes.

Dinner at Teppan Edo. Very good food, nice chef. The noise level was tough to deal with, however. We were seated with another couple, and really couldn't talk with them, as the next table was loud, trying to talk to each other. It was a large group.

Oh, We loved being able to come "home" and watch MK and Epcot fireworks from our balcony. We did this most nights.

Went to HS on Tues. night. Again, with only an hour and a half there before it closed, we walked on ST, 20 min. wait for TS only because of a breakdown, and TT two times. NO LINE. Got to see Osbourn Lights. We strolled through the shops and left about 8:20. It closed at 8.

Wed. we relaxed a little at BW. They were putting up the gingerbread gazebo and shop. Got to sample the gingerbread. Really cute set up this year. Not a Stitch fan, but he's in the gazebo next to the fireplace.

Went to MK. NO LINES for anything! We got so much done so quickly, we had to kill time before our dinner at Ohana. We ended up going to the GF to see the decorations. So beautiful!

That's our week so far. We go home Friday.

We had very friendly CM's here at BWV. Even employees in the hallway stopping to talk with us. Great trainer and tour guide for the Segway tour.

We are above Big River Grill. We can hear some noise if someone is playing basketball and cheering. But I kind of like it! It's nothing that would keep me awake, but something that tells me where we are. :)

This week is amazing for crowds. Don't tell anyone. This is our best week ever for lines and just ease of transportation.

Thanks for reading. We love our home, BWV!

jakenjess
11-17-2011, 08:02 AM
Sounds like you're having a great time! Glad to hear the crowds are so low -- I have a friend there this week taking her little ones for the first time. It will make her life so much easier!

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

mouseaider
11-17-2011, 08:04 AM
Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

We love BWV so much. We have stayed there twice now and love everything about it.

During our last trip we stayed two nights at OKW and thought it was nice but when we checked out and checked in at BWV for the next five nights we knew we were home. :cloud9:

We are staying at Kidani Village in January and I hope we don't regret the stay there. :scared1:

Enjoy the rest of your time..... and Happy Anniversary! :grouphug:

MarshallMoore6
11-17-2011, 11:36 AM
No Lines. That must be great. We have stayed at the BWV at least 10 times. We just love it. Enjoy your holiday.

Disney Princess
11-17-2011, 11:52 AM
We can hear some noise if someone is playing basketball and cheering. But I kind of like it! It's nothing that would keep me awake, but something that tells me where we are. :)

The above quote is just like me! I LIKE hearing things/smelling things/seeing things that remind me where I am. I would love to wake up to boat horns each morning, but I don't because the boats don't run here in Abilene. :) I enjoy it while I'm there because it means that I am there.

Sounds like a great time to go! Enjoy the remainder of you time, and thanks for sharing your observations with us. Happy Anniversary!!

CaptHomer
11-17-2011, 12:04 PM
We are above Big River Grill. We can hear some noise if someone is playing basketball and cheering. But I kind of like it! It's nothing that would keep me awake, but something that tells me where we are. :)

We were on first floor right above the Grill once as well in a studio. It was extremely loud when we there. Actually it was a year ago last week. I wasn't able to get to sleep before midnight at the earliest. Glad you were able to.

I will be in a studio for the marathon coming up (moving over after the race.) Don't really care about the noise this time because I will be out late anyway.

Disney_Mama
11-17-2011, 12:24 PM
Happy Anniversary. Sounds like a dream week.:goodvibes
DH and I celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary next Sept. Thinking about going early Nov. to celebrate. You have just convinced me that it would be a good time.:yay:

2binak
11-17-2011, 03:15 PM
Happy Anniversary!!!!! So glad you're enjoying your trip!

We've been during this week in the past and the crowd levels are wonderful :goodvibes

lisaviolet
11-17-2011, 03:18 PM
Aaah BWV. Hopping on rides. Festive time. JEALOUS.

Have fun!!! :dance3:

Cyndibear
11-17-2011, 04:47 PM
Happy Anniversary!!! So nice to hear you are enjoying low crowds and a wonderful stay at BWV's. Enjoy your time together!!

Cyndi

jekjones1558
11-17-2011, 05:41 PM
Happy for you! :cool1: Sad that I am not with you. :sad1: That means you have to enjoy for me!

wdwmouse
11-18-2011, 08:29 PM
Thank you everyone for the Anniversary wishes and kind words. We arrived home here in PA tonight. We finished the trip strong, with Animal Kingdom yesterday and HS this morning.

Everything at AK was a walk on, even Everest! Love, love, love the Festival of the Lion King and Nemo shows! They are just so Disney. I will never tire of them.

Dinner at Boma last night was wonderful with a wonderful server named Paul. He recognized our anniversary with a special dessert. Then as we were leaving, the bus driver turned on the bus lights and had everyone sing happy anniversary to us as we left AKL.

Sad to leave, but happy to be home with my boys (ages 19 and 15) and my dog Lucky. My kids had the whole house decorated for Christmas when we got home! What an awesome surpise! I love the decorations but hate putting them up.

This was a really special trip, hope you all can have as good a time on your next one as we did!

jstarcze
11-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Congratulations on the anniversary! Me and a couple of friends were at BLT the same time you were at BWV. I agree the crowds were light and the only thing we waited for all week was TSM at HS.

arthur06
11-18-2011, 10:29 PM
Glad you had a wonderful time.