PDA

View Full Version : private catered event?

Deesknee
11-14-2011, 10:47 AM
Hi Everyone,
I want to apologize if this subject has come up before. I did a search, but nothing has been coming up for any of my searches lately. (I admit it could be me....matter of fact...it probably is me.)

I am wondering if any of you dvc members have planned a private catered event. DH & I will be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary next year. I have gotten valuable info from other threads, but am interested in hearing dvc experience. I have contacted the catered event # and was told I need to have a ressie in our name first. I certainly understand that, but am wondering how that will affect the availability of the location I want, waiting until 11mnths out.

Any info on the event you held or are holding I would love to read. Thanks for any help/guidance. :thumbsup2

btw, we own at SSR, and will be booking for Nov. 2012.

Dee

Simba's Mom
11-14-2011, 11:41 AM
I must admit, I've never heard that this was a possibility. And we're planning a trip for our 30th at OKW in April. The only thing I sort of knew of was maybe a cake. And since 30 years ago we eloped, and I miss that we didn't have a cake, we're looking into that. A private catered affair sounds nice.

Deesknee
11-14-2011, 12:28 PM
I must admit, I've never heard that this was a possibility. And we're planning a trip for our 30th at OKW in April. The only thing I sort of knew of was maybe a cake. And since 30 years ago we eloped, and I miss that we didn't have a cake, we're looking into that. A private catered affair sounds nice.

Congratulations on your upcoming 30th wedding anniversary!

I found alot of info (perhaps too much) on the disney wedding thread on these disboards. Also, I don't know if you have heard or would be interested, but they are offering a memories collection thru the Disney Fairy Tale Wedding website. We were considering doing a vow renewal thru that, but have decided to do the actual vow renewal home , hopefully with the same officiant who performed the original wedding.

Here are a couple of links in case you are interested in more info.
disney memories collection:
http://disneyweddings.disney.go.com/weddings/florida/escape/memoriespackage/detail

and a great link provided by a fellow disboarder...lurkyloo...
http://disneytravelbabble.com/

Hope you find these links as helpful as I have.

Dee