PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Info for a Newbie

Shakthi
11-11-2011, 08:37 PM
Hello! We are old time DL regulars, and this will be our very first time at WDW. We won't have much time (Dec 28 - 30), we are really interested in starting with Epcot. Can can you tell me if the Best Western Lake Buena Vista in the Walt Disney World Resort is conveniently located?

Thank you so much for any help you can give us.

lovetoscrap
11-12-2011, 08:27 AM
Moving to our Orlando Hotels forum.

swilshire
11-12-2011, 06:07 PM
Going to WDW for the first time during the busiest week of the year is a recipe for disappointment. We go that week some years, but we have been many times and just do a few favorite things. We don't try to do much. Mostly just people watch and see the decorations.

Good luck!

Sheila

Cruz91
11-13-2011, 12:10 AM
But you will be OK if you use your noodle and plan ahead. That hotel is "OK" for convenience. Others are closer, but unless you're at a Disney resort, not much difference.

If you're starting in Epcot, I'm guessing it's an adult-focused trip. Get to the parks early, use fastpasses, and have fun!

tink2dw
11-13-2011, 03:40 AM
Ok, I get your point about being DL REGULARS, however at WDW Everything is just a little Different and alot more s-p-e-a-d o-u-t. By many miles!! You will not be able to walk to Epcot from Any hotel. You will need a rent a car to drive the real roads to Epcot. Even if you were at Pop Century you would need a car or to ride one of WDW's Buses. Every Park is many many miles a part.

It maybe smart to start in Epcot, it is one of the larger Parks. Personally I have been to WDW 2 times once in Jan/Feb and one time at spring break both times we set a side 2 day just for Epcot and we have never made it all the way around Epcot nor have we seen it all.

Then too I think it may be very Christmas-fied. I think the Osborne Lights are there and they turn on at Dusk and everyone and their 2000 cousins will want to be there for that.

Go to your local Library pick up 2 or 3 of the Guide books. Study what rides are there that are must do's. Decide left, right, back or front. Decide if you are staying or hopping. Check Park Times Openings and Closing. Check to make sure if some of the Holiday stuff has Extra Admittance tickets or not. Because Magic Kingdoms Christmas Party Definitely Does!!!!!!

Oh!! At Christmas the Parks will shut there Gates if they are getting over Crowded. If are going to Ebcot stay in the Park till the bitter end and prepare to not leave for anything as you may not get back in!!! Carry a bag with pills, extra shoes, gloves, coats, treats, Sandwiches, soda, water, and clean dry sox.

Good Luck and Have Fun!!

gabzee
11-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Best Western is in Disney but it is not near Epcot. In order to get from Best Western to Epcot you would need a car. I looked up your days and it is $372 at Best Western plus the price of a rental car. However, you could also stay at a value hotel onsite for $369 which would not require you to get a rental car and you could then use the buses. You could also stay at the Dolphin or Swan which is going to be more expensive but it is closer to Epcot.

Shakthi
11-14-2011, 08:07 PM
Thank you so much guys.