PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Food & Wine festival trip come and gone!

PORC
11-10-2011, 03:57 PM
First stay at the Animal Kingdom DVC lodge was very nice. We really enjoyed Jiko for dinner and the savannah vue was great. When we checked we were upgraded to the savannah vue and we expected to have to change room's in the middle of our stay but the CM was able to keep us in the one room for the entire trip. I have never seen so many kid's in one resort though in my life but my wife and I love kid's(we do not have any) so it was no issue. Just an observation.
3d dessert party on friday night was AWESOMEEEEE. I highly recommend upgrading to the prefered seating/vip ticket. It was worth every penny to get in about a half hour before the main crowd. The band was awesome and quite hilarious to see the whole joint singing/dancing to sweet caroline. The band only played "sweet" themed music ie, sweet emotion, sweet home alabama, etc...
Epcot food & wine festival was packed Saturday and Sunday. Line's on sat were super long. So bad that we only sampled a few pavilion's/rode a few ride's and then left. Went to the MK Sat night for magic hours/dole whip and all was good crowd wise to. Sunday epcot crowd was still packed but seemed like no one was eating so line's were very reasonable, time wise. Never waited more than five to ten minute's for any food pavilion.
Friday at AK was just fine crowd wise to.
Lot's of refurbishment going on. Way more than I expected/read about. Kind of had to laugh at the Canadian pavilion though as it is wrapped up tight being refurbished. The wrapping is a painting of the Canadian tower/building. Threw me for a loop for a second when I first saw it.
Only odd thing I saw the whole weekend was I have never seen so many guy's wearing kilt's. I thought there must have been a "off Kilter" groupie convention going on.
Going back for New Years, 49 days and counting! Woo Hoo!!