PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Home Rental

TwistGrl101
11-09-2011, 09:37 PM
I pretty much priced out every scenario possible, and then I came across renting vacation homes right outside of Disney.
For people who stay off property, have you ever considered renting a vacation home for the week? Some of these homes are absolutely breathtaking, and the prices are actually decent!!

MickeyHereWeCome!
11-09-2011, 10:28 PM
We rented a house two summers ago! We paid about $800 for a week...we couldn't have touched that rate on Disney property! The house had 4 bedrooms, 3 baths and a private pool. It was only about 10 minutes away. We really enjoyed all the room, and especially the price!

This is who we rented through:
http://www.sleepnearthemouse.com/Site/Home.html
I highly recommend Judy!

isla bonita
11-10-2011, 07:15 AM
We have been doing this for over 8 years.

We tried on site, suite offsite, vistana resort and then the pool home.
We loved it. The kids loved having their own pool, we loved the space to just hang out and the washer/dryer ment no luggage of dirty cloths or running around to a laundramat.

Mister Skellington
11-10-2011, 07:55 AM
We rent as well. In fact I just booked the same home for a June 2012 trip yesterday. This one is a 4bdrm as well ( 2 master suites and 2 kids rooms)
I looked around alot for a house that had both a pool and a hot tub and this one fit the bill. This will be our second stay and we just LOVE the privacy.
http://www.coconutsky.com/HoneyPot/Default.htm

Hasil72
11-10-2011, 06:46 PM
:lovestruc Love, love, LOVE it! We've been renting villas for the past 10 years and I can't say enough good things about it.

torinsmom
11-10-2011, 10:09 PM
We rented a condo in 2010 and a pool home this past summer and will never go back to onsite. It was great to spread out and it was actually quicker to drive than to wait on the bus and ride it to the parks. We stayed in the Formosa Gardens area---Emerald Island and Indian Creek.

softballmom3
11-10-2011, 11:09 PM
We have done both. Last year we rented at Windsor Hills in October for around $700 for entire week. This year the kiddos wanted to stay onsite so we are going to POR. I am def. gonna miss the space but am looking forward to onsite except with so many people in one room:scared1:

I can only vouch for Windor Hills but it was very, very nice. We had a 3 bedroom 3 bath townhouse.

Missy29
11-11-2011, 08:27 AM
We stayed at Windsor Hills in 2009 and will be again this coming May. Theres no way I can stay in a small hotel room with 2 kids and 2 adults, I need my space. A vacation home is definatly the way to go:thumbsup2

Leota
11-11-2011, 08:34 AM
We just got back from our first stay at Windsor Hills in a 4 bd/5 bath pool home. It was amazing! We will never go back to a regular hotel room, except maybe a quick weekend for just the 2 of us at the Swolphin.

I only have one regret - not doing it sooner! :thumbsup2

We loved the privacy, space, convenience, everything. Added to the regular mix, I have health issues & having a full kitchen makes it easier for me, having the hot tub right outside the door helps ease the pain that I have.

DH & I decided we're doing a long weekend at Windsor Hills & probably not even going to a Park at all.

avance
11-11-2011, 11:34 AM
Our first trip to disney is in June and we decided to do a condo because of price and location. We are staying with amazingdisneyhomes.com and we cant wait!!!

bcinohio
11-11-2011, 12:33 PM
We rented a home for the first time the summer of 2010 and it was great. We have it booked again for June 2012. I found it on www.vrbo.com #256608. 4bed/3 bath, pool and gameroom. It was in Sunset Lakes and very close to parks. We got there faster than taking a resort bus. Never had trouble leaving the parks mid day or after closing. The extra room of the house was great. Much better than a small hotel room. We would have needed 3 value resort rooms and we paid less than 1 for the house.

rt2dz
11-11-2011, 06:13 PM
I just couldn't bring myself to pay Disney prices for our Thanksgiving trip for a family of 6; just too much money that could go to other stuff. So, we are renting a 4 bedroom house with a gameroom, 3 baths and a heated pool for less than 1/2 what Disney's cheapest option would cost us. We're renting from Florida House for Rent (http://www.houseforrentflorida.net/en/houses.php). Very Disney decorated and closer to the parks than the values (and probably moderates). I'm looking forward to it now; was scared in the beginning. Stay Offsite (http://lelahkimball.hubpages.com/hub/Why-You-Should-Stay-Offsite-on-Your-Walt-Disney-World-Vacation) offers some good rationals, as do some great threads on here--just search!

dtum
11-12-2011, 07:14 AM
Stayed at Windsor Hills this past summer. We had a 4-bed/4-bath house and loved it! We will never go back to onsite! Renting a pool house just has too much to offer and it's so close to Disney, you can move around in your own car much quicker than using the Disney bus system. Going back to DW in 2013 and renting at Emerald Island this time because the house has a huge game room and our kids are all older - http://puffsvacationhome.com/

Worst thing about renting a home--trying to force everyone to go to the parks! It's so relaxing laying around your private pool or just spreading out that it was really hard getting people out the door and to the parks. :rotfl:

Really thought about going this past October just to enjoy the house, but family things kept us at home.

reelmom
11-25-2011, 01:07 PM
Our first trip to disney is in June and we decided to do a condo because of price and location. We are staying with amazingdisneyhomes.com and we cant wait!!!

We are thinking about booking here also for June. I know somebody who has stayed in their Animal Kingdom villa and they loved it. Was it easy to book with them? When in June are you going?

melsmom12
11-25-2011, 09:44 PM
We have stayed in Windsor Hills many times and it's so incredible there. When we go there are usually 6 adults and 4 children and there is SO much space in these wonderfully-themed homes. One home had tons of princess dresses that the kids were encouraged to wear and tons of toys to play with. Having a baby with us on these trips, it was amazing to have her in her own room in a full-size crib rather than having to tiptoe and whisper and make her sleep in a pack and play.

I can't say enough about staying in a rental home!

Frothy
11-26-2011, 03:57 PM
Vacation homes are the only way we stay in Orlando now. We've been renting from the same company for many years and always been very happy. We've always rented a 6 bed vacation home on Cumbrian Lakes from Florida Leisure.

ewkid
11-26-2011, 05:06 PM
We stayed at a villa a couple weeks ago and it was fantastic. For less than the price of two budget rooms you get an entire house!

WBY
11-30-2011, 05:32 AM
Has anyone ever stayed in Cumbrian Lakes in Kissimmee? I am looking at some homes there.

7165red
11-30-2011, 03:28 PM
We have been renting villas for the past 6 yrs, and love it. It is so much nicer than a hotel room.

kathie859
11-30-2011, 03:37 PM
Whenever we do a multi-generational trip, we stay offsite. We've rented at Windsor Hills twice (3 bedroom condo and a 5 bedroom home with pool). It's great to have room to spread out when you have kids with you and WH is so close to WDW. I have an AP and that saves paying the parking fee.

We've stayed onsite with our two kids YEARS AGO and it was crowded with only one bathroom--especially when DD was a young teen. Now we stay onsite if it's just the two of us.

Have fun planning!

rt2dz
12-04-2011, 03:58 PM
We just returned last week from our vacation, and I must say, I was very surprised. We took the chance of staying offsite and figured we would enjoy the trip--even began to look forward to it, but I have to say as a die-hard "I'll never stay offsite" person, I'm not so sure I will ever stay onsite again!

This was the MOST enjoyable vacation we've ever had. We were way more relaxed and well rested throughout our vacation and when we got home. We missed nothing at the parks; as crowded as it was, we did everything and we enjoyed the pool at the house.

I say take the chance!!