PDA

View Full Version : 2 BFF's, 88 Rapunzels, 30yrs., and 40 yrs.=10 days of fun! 2 Updates April 15!

sunny_stace
11-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Hello everyone!:goodvibes

The time has come to attempt another trip report. I am the first to admit that I do not have the best track record of keeping these reports going:rolleyes1, but I am certainly going to try! My DBFF Lauren and I headed out on another Walt Disney World adventure this fall and here is our story!

For those you who don’t know me, my name is Stacy. I am a single girl from southern Ontario, Canada and I work in retail (jewellery mainly). Over the trip I celebrated that dreaded 3-0 birthday :eek: Coming along with me for a 5th Disney vacation is my dear best friend Lauren. Lauren is also a single girl and is just about to hit that birthday herself! She works for a large Canadian insurance and benefits company. Lauren and I have been friends for about 16 years (since we started high school) and have always shared a love of Disney! We started taking Disney trips together in 2004 with a trip to Disneyland in California, and have traveled to WDW together in 2006, 2007, 2008 and this latest trip in 2011! Here we are on our first trip (I don‘t remember why we were dressed up:laughing: - but that‘s Lauren on the left and me on the right!):

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/disney%20general/P9112398.jpg

This trip took us to WDW from September 23 - October 2, 2011 for 10 wonderful days! We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and were very happy to indulge in the free dining offer again this year! We were on the regular dining plan and actually tried 2 new restaurants! Let me just preface the whole dining thing by mentioning that I am an incredibly picky eater! I like very basic food and often would prefer to eat from the children’s menu! Lauren will eat nearly anything, and would be much more adventurous with her food if she weren’t stuck with me! We do a lot of breakfasts and buffets and usually go to the same places year after year.

We had also stayed at POR before with rather disastrous results (long story but a CM was unforgivably rude to me and it left an incredibly bad taste in my mouth)! It was not our first choice of resorts, but when we booked (even though it was the first day of the free dining offer), the resort pickings were quite slim. Our first choice was POFQ and secondly Coronado Springs (where neither of us had stayed before), since neither of those were available (and not the desired room types at CBR, Saratoga Springs or Old Key West), we settled on POR. I know a lot of people love it and have had great experiences there, but I was genuinely worried about staying there! As it turned out, my worries were all for nothing! But I’ll get to more of that later!

What you need to know about the upcoming report is that we had an absolute blast on this trip! Surprisingly enough, almost nothing went wrong (except Lauren and her inevitable head colds!) and we had the most fun you could pack into 10 days! :woohoo: I hope you enjoy following along! (and please feel free to kick my booty into gear if I get slacking with the updates!:rolleyes1)

Coming up next : more about the resort and where we went first!:thumbsup2

kschafer
11-07-2011, 07:04 PM
Am I first? Am I first :hyper:

jenjolt
11-07-2011, 07:05 PM
YAYAYAYAY!! I'm here!! Can't wait for more!!!

sunny_stace
11-07-2011, 07:33 PM
So…..let me tell you how Miss Lauren and I got to WDW! The planning started last winter. To be honest, I had originally been hoping to take a trip to Disneyland in CA in August of 2011 so I could visit the D23 Convention and I had been planning on that for quite awhile….until it was time to request my holidays at work. Unfortunately for me, the D23 convention was scheduled right after our back-to-school blackout period began at work and my holiday request was denied. So, since I knew the dream trip to Europe for my 30th birthday was not financially possible, a trip to WDW began forming in my mind immediately! This was in January. We actually booked in May through a travel agency company with franchises all over Canada…this was a big big big mistake! It started off okay, with all of the basics being booked and paid for….or so I thought. Over the months between May and the end of August I realized that our park hoppers were not booked properly and Magical Express hadn’t been booked at all! Long story short - I will never book through this agency again! It was a complete disaster! The travel agents we were working with kept leaving before our bookings were complete and then no one else ever followed up on anything. I wound up doing most of the work myself and having to go through red-tape because (FYI), if you book through a travel agent, Disney will not deal with you directly for any changes.

After I had fixed the issue with ME and harassed the travel agency to fix our park hoppers, I called again to have them actually put in the room requests which I had originally discussed with the first agent we booked with in May! I tried calling POR myself but the CM I spoke to told me it was impossible for them to access my reservation to be modified unless it came from the travel agency. The requests were not medical related so I decided to just let it go. I thought to myself “well, no big deal. I can’t be all greedy and just expect my needs to be more important than others. We will just see what happens when we get there. However, the last time we stayed at POR it was a nightmare. I guess as long as I don’t cry and we get a room on the mansion side, I will be happy.” The journey was about to begin.

The day that we left was a bit of a bummer. I started the day off with a doctors appointment, followed by a 12:30pm - 9:30pm closing shift at work. After that, I came home and spent some time with my cousins since I wouldn’t see them for my birthday. Lauren and I were leaving London at 2am and I figured it would do me more harm than good to try and sleep before that. I loaded up on sugar and one of those 5 hour energy shots and was bursting with energy when Lauren picked me up! We were driving to her aunt and uncle’s house in Windsor, Ontario, and then they were going to drive us in to the Detroit airport (it is much less expensive to fly from Detroit than Toronto, and also is closer. To fly directly from London is incredibly expensive!)

We crossed the USA border and got to the airport with no problems or hold-ups! We breezed through security at the airport and soon enough were flying over the skies to Orlando! Our flight was full but smooth and quick (less than 2.5 hours!) and we made our way down to catch the Magical Express!

Even with ME we had no line to wait in, and our coach was even headed to our resort first! Luck was on our side, however, both of us were down to almost no energy b this point. If you’re curious, those energy shots work great for a couple of hours, but definitely don’t last, and the come-down is a doozy! But we were both in great spirits and happy to finally be back to the happiest place on earth!

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0001.jpg

We arrived at Port Orleans and made our way over to the online check-in desk. Again there was no line and we were welcomed up to the desk. The CM who helped us was named Josh (from Colorado) and was honestly one of the best they’ve got! He was so friendly and nice and chatted with us for about 20 minutes as he worked some Disney magic to get us into a great room. When we went to check in he told us that we had been “upgraded” into a king room on the Bayou side. Lauren and I explained that we appreciated that, but that we weren’t there as a couple, and though we love each other like sisters, we would each like a bed of our own! He contacted housekeeping and found us a lovely double room on the mansion side, not far from the main building. We were in room 9791 in Parterre Place. Our room wasn’t ready yet, but we made a pit stop in the public restrooms and I wandered a bit while Lauren went on a mission to get some caffeine. The weather was gorgeous when we arrived, so I went to take some photos!

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0068.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0061.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0060.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0059.jpg

Then it was off to the Magic Kingdom!

sunny_stace
11-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Am I first? Am I first :hyper:

Yay katie! Yes you're first!:thumbsup2 I'm so glad!

YAYAYAYAY!! I'm here!! Can't wait for more!!!

Yay Jen! I'm so happy you're here!

Oh my goodness! 2 already!?!? I feel so loved!:goodvibes

lmillercrew
11-07-2011, 07:48 PM
Subbing in! I LOVE POR!!!! Your pictures are fantastic!

caaraa
11-08-2011, 03:27 AM
They are beautiful!
http://www.primeaffiliate.com/track/images/20.creation.jpg

Lady Lallie
11-08-2011, 07:22 AM
Yayayaya! A new trip report!! I am VERY excited. :thumbsup2

CanadianWDWfan
11-08-2011, 05:00 PM
I'm here!
Thanks for the invite!
Of course I want to see all the fun you had. :yay:

Very cool that you got the room you wanted in Mansions. :thumbsup2

Can't wait to see more great pics of POR.

You should get Lauren on here to add her comments. :goodvibes

I'm so glad you decided to do this TR...awesome title by the way!!! :hug:

Merida
11-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Subbing! I love those rocking chairs at Port Orleans... so homey and cute!

sunny_stace
11-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Subbing in! I LOVE POR!!!! Your pictures are fantastic!

Thank you! I wound up loving POR too! That was a big relief!:thumbsup2 I had not been looking forward to going back there, but it definitely redeemed itself!

They are beautiful!
http://www.primeaffiliate.com/track/images/20.creation.jpg

Thank you! They did go a little foggy I'm afraid...We had been in the a/c in the lobby and it was soooo hot outside that the camera lense fogged up when I came outside!

Yayayaya! A new trip report!! I am VERY excited. :thumbsup2

Yay LL!:goodvibes I hope you enjoy it!

I'm here!
Thanks for the invite!
Of course I want to see all the fun you had. :yay:

Very cool that you got the room you wanted in Mansions. :thumbsup2

Can't wait to see more great pics of POR.

You should get Lauren on here to add her comments. :goodvibes

I'm so glad you decided to do this TR...awesome title by the way!!! :hug:

I'm glad you're here!:goodvibes Lauren never really warmed to the Disboards...I have tried to get her on here for years but it hasn't worked out! She's never read any of the TR's (well, the partial TR's:rolleyes1) that she's been a part of!:laughing: But you got to meet her so you have the edge on everyone! Did I tell you about how I had been counting Rapunzels?

Subbing! I love those rocking chairs at Port Orleans... so homey and cute!

I hadn't noticed the rocking chairs before, but I saw them and had to sit for a minute! They did definitely give it a homey feel! Thanks for joining in!:goodvibes

CanadianWDWfan
11-09-2011, 06:35 AM
Yep, you told me about counting the Rapunzels.
Not sure how many you were up to when we met. :laughing:

Too bad we won't be seeing Lauren around here...I guess I'll have to make a trip to London to visit my sister so we can all meet up again. :goodvibes

sunny_stace
11-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Yep, you told me about counting the Rapunzels.
Not sure how many you were up to when we met. :laughing:

Too bad we won't be seeing Lauren around here...I guess I'll have to make a trip to London to visit my sister so we can all meet up again. :goodvibes

Come on down anytime! Just let me know when!:goodvibes

2xcited2sleep
11-10-2011, 05:12 AM
Signing on. Looking forward to hearing about your trip. The resort looks really cute!!

MeMom
11-10-2011, 05:53 AM
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0059.jpg

Such a pretty area. I am looking forward to reading about your Disney fun! :)

sunny_stace
11-10-2011, 03:30 PM
Signing on. Looking forward to hearing about your trip. The resort looks really cute!!

Hi C!!:goodvibes The resort was very pretty indeed!

Such a pretty area. I am looking forward to reading about your Disney fun! :)

Hi MeMom! :goodvibes Glad to have you!

Charleston Princess
11-12-2011, 06:30 AM
Here, Stace!!! :woohoo:

sunny_stace
11-12-2011, 09:57 PM
Hello!:goodvibes

It's been a busy week and weekend around here, so I thought I'd just thrown in a tiny update to keep us moving along! This will be all random pictures and a little more about the numbers!

Let's start with the numbers in the TR title shall we?:thumbsup2

2 BFF's - Lauren and myself. We've known each other since we were 13. She is the sister I never wanted!;):laughing: Her family is my family and my family is her family. We went to highschool together and have always shared a love of Disney, movies, books, TV shows, musicals and the list goes on and on. We have a ton of stuff in common, but can have very different outlooks on things too. The first thing we bonded over - a love of Ewan McGregor (which both still have!:laughing:)

88 Rapunzels - When I was a little girl, my favourite fairy tale was always Rapunzel. I was Rapunzel twice for Halloween as a kid! I had always always always wanted Disney to do a version and last fall I finally got my wish! I have a habit of counting things each day. For example, I will count a certain type of t-shirt people are wearing (one day I counted Agent P shirts), or types of hairstyles. I decided to count how many kids I saw dressed up as Rapunzel over the course of the trip.:laughing: The majority of them were from MNSSHP. I was hoping for 100 but I got pretty close!

30 Years - Both Lauren and I turn 30 this year....:sad2: Me in September, and she hits it in December

40 Years - October 1, 2011 was the 40th anniversary of the Magic Kingdom and Lauren and I were there bright and early to help celebrate! It was truly a magical day! But I will share more of that when we get there. Don't worry I took a ton of photos!:thumbsup2

9 - Table service meals (Tusker House, Chef Mickey's, Cape May Cafe, Crystal Palace, Sci-Fi, Tutto Italia, Via Napoli, Chefs De France, The Plaza)

4 - Viewings of Wishes (1 of Hallowishes!)

2 - Viewings of Fantasmic

1 - Viewing of Illuminations

17 - Agent P (Phineas and Ferb) T-shirts I counted one day at DHS

2 - The amount of times I got stuck on Splash Mountain when computer gliches got the better of it....I never want to hear "Brer Fox and Brer Bear are causing a comotion downstream..." ever again!!

1 - Dis Meet! CanadianWDWFan and I finally got to meet on October 1 (she is lovely by the way!:goodvibes)

0 - Arguments between Lauren and myself during the trip (hasn't happened before! :laughing:)

Before we get to the photos - here is one more number for you:

ONE - major item forgotten at home - yeah...the battery charger for my camera....:headache::sad2::scared1:I figured it out when we were on the plane to Orlando...
So - I don't have too many photos from days 1 or 2. With the amount of photos I take, my camera eats up batteries pretty quickly and I had been saving their energy up for the moments I couldn't get again later. I finally found a charger for only $25 at (of all places) Mickey's Star Traders! None of the "camera" shops had any and I walked in to just look around - and found exaclty what I was looking for! But here are a couple of quick shots I took from the first afternoon - at The Magic Kingdom!:cloud9:

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0017.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0013.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0016.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0015.jpg

Up next - more of the first afternoon at the Magic Kingdom! Have a nice weekend everyone!:goodvibes

debfen
11-12-2011, 10:21 PM
I have been lurking around and reading trip reports for months, gathering info for our next trip and just getting my "disney fix". But I just had to jump in! I love your pics! Can't wait to read more!

sunny_stace
11-14-2011, 05:17 PM
I have been lurking around and reading trip reports for months, gathering info for our next trip and just getting my "disney fix". But I just had to jump in! I love your pics! Can't wait to read more!

:goodvibes Well I'm glad you've come out of lurkdom to join in! I'm very glad to have you! I hope I don't disappoint!

CanadianWDWfan
11-16-2011, 04:18 PM
I had no idea you liked to count things so much....kinda neat when you see it all broken down like that. :goodvibes

I'm honored to make the list! :hug:

Are they calling for snow in London? Apparently we are getting our first taste tomorrow. :faint:
I was really enjoying the gorgeous weather we have been having.
The radio guy asked the other day if we were still in Canada...cause it sure didn't feel like it..:lmao:

CanadianWDWfan
11-16-2011, 04:22 PM
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0015.jpg

Just had to say....this pics is beautiful! :goodvibes

sunny_stace
11-17-2011, 10:39 AM
I had no idea you liked to count things so much....kinda neat when you see it all broken down like that. :goodvibes

I'm honored to make the list! :hug:

Are they calling for snow in London? Apparently we are getting our first taste tomorrow. :faint:
I was really enjoying the gorgeous weather we have been having.
The radio guy asked the other day if we were still in Canada...cause it sure didn't feel like it..:lmao:

I don't count things on a regular basis really! Just when little "collections" strike me! The rapunzels I had planned though. I was curious to see how popular the costumes had become. I think the breakdown comes from my obsession with planning!:laughing:

No call for snow here at least not for a few days. I know there was a chance of it this morning (it's cold cold for the first time today - currently 3 degrees at 11:37am) but I didn't see any! We're still looking at 12 and 13 degrees for next week! I'm happy about it too! Last year when we had the "snowmageddon":scared1: that was serious torture! Let's keep that at bay for as long as possible!

StitchsGurl
11-17-2011, 12:55 PM
I'm following this trip report! I, too, am a fellow Canadian ... I'm from Niagara Falls! :thumbsup2: Looks great so far - can't wait to see what else it brings!

CanadianWDWfan
11-17-2011, 02:10 PM
It's snowing a little bit here right now. Deffinitely won't be a snowmageddon. :laughing:

When is the next update girl! You said you wouldn't forget about us. :rotfl:

Welcome Stitchsgurl! It's always nice to meet fellow Canadians on the DIS.

You'll luv it around here...so much to learn and always great pics to view. :thumbsup2

I want to take my DD to Niagra Falls...one day! :goodvibes

sunny_stace
11-17-2011, 09:42 PM
I'm following this trip report! I, too, am a fellow Canadian ... I'm from Niagara Falls! :thumbsup2: Looks great so far - can't wait to see what else it brings!

Welcome and thanks for joining in!:goodvibes I haven't been to Niagara Falls in ages but I did spend a year at Brock!

It's snowing a little bit here right now. Deffinitely won't be a snowmageddon. :laughing:

When is the next update girl! You said you wouldn't forget about us. :rotfl:

Welcome Stitchsgurl! It's always nice to meet fellow Canadians on the DIS.

You'll luv it around here...so much to learn and always great pics to view. :thumbsup2

I want to take my DD to Niagra Falls...one day! :goodvibes

DisMeet in Niagara Falls?!:woohoo: How far is it from you?

By the way, I totally lied....when I went out to go to work around 1:15pm it was snowing. Very lightly though and none of it stayed (Thank Goodness!:rolleyes:)

I'm working on an update now but photobucket is not co-operating! :headache: Keep your eyes peeled!

sunny_stace
11-17-2011, 10:26 PM
Evening folks! It's late (11:22pm), and I had a loooooong night at work! I need to re-live a lovely afternoon at MK! So here is the rest of day one!

Off to the Magic Kingdom we were! :banana:It was probably around 12:30pm and as we walked out of the main lobby of Riverside, a Magic Kingdom bus was just pulling up! This was just the beginning of what turned out to be a trip full of very good luck with transportation! There was only one other family on the bus which was probably good since Lauren and I kept smacking each other and saying “We’re here! We’re here! We’re going to the Magic Kingdom!” and singing and doing short, quiet rounds of applause! We were tired, but deliriously happy!:upsidedow

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0001.jpg

In the previous mini-update you saw the first pictures that I took in the park. Lauren and I have many traditions that we carry out on our trips, and one of many is that the Magic Kingdom is always the first park we go to. The next one - first ride to go on is always Pirates Of The Caribbean! pirate: We strolled up Main Street (I teared up of course!), and made a quick stop in the hub to take a couple of photos. Off to Adventureland we were mateys!
We hopped on POtC with no wait and were happy happy girls!

Once we were finished visiting with Capt. Jack(:love:) and his crew, we decided to head to Splash Mountain. We did not ride as the ride was experiencing technical difficulties (I should have paid attention to that…but more on that later:rolleyes:).Like I said before, I was worried about the life of my camera batteries so I didn’t take many photos. The next stop - The Haunted Mansion! My favourite ride! And I was dying (and I imply the pun;)) to see the new queue line! I snapped a bunch of photos here!

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0002.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0006.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0010.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0007.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0008.jpg

I think the interactive queue is a great new feature, and I also like that you can bypass it once you’ve seen it a few times so you can head straight into the mansion. I also like that you can move around the new tombs and have a chance to take everything in, and spend a little longer looking at things if you are so inclined! The ride as always was great and we enjoyed spending a little time with the Happy Haunts! I also love the new feature at the end of the ride with the interactive Hitchhiking Ghosts! It makes for a fun surprise each time! The effects on that attraction are truly amazing!

After blinking our way back into the sun, Lauren and I were definitely in need of some food! The last time we had eaten was around 4:30am in the McDonalds in the Detroit airport, and hash browns won’t really fill you up for long! We made the decision to skip through Fantasyland and head straight to Tomorrowland for some food! Since we both love Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café, that’s where we figured we should have our first meal!

By this time, the major lunch crowd had dissipated and we were served quickly! Both Lauren and I had bacon cheeseburgers with fries and chocolate cake. I had a coke, and Lauren had a sprite. (Side note - :confused3I don’t know what it is-perhaps some other canucks have some insight- but American coke tastes differently than it does here in Canada, and Lauren flat out refuses to drink it) We loaded up at the toppings bar (cheese sauce woot woor!) and headed in to see Sonny Eclipse (I love his cheesy jokes and lounge act!):thumbsup2

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0011.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0012.jpg

After lunch we headed back into Fantasyland and did a double feature of Mickey’s Philharmagic (the first time we sat next to a terrified child). After that we continued on to do Space Mountain (x2), Buzz, and the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. By this time we were losing energy quick and decided we would cut the day a little short and finished up with some shopping along Main Street. MK was closing early that day for MNSSHP and people in costumes were arriving in droves! Surprisingly enough, neither Lauren or myself bought anything but some snacks from the Confectionary to take back to the resort for later. We had both been in “saving mode” for so long before the trip so were would have lots of spending money, that we just couldn’t get around spending the money yet! (Don’t worry, we both got over it quickly!).

We got back on a bus (again, just pulled up and there was no one else waiting) and headed back to Riverside. We had gotten the message that our room was ready so we headed over to bell services to pick up our carry-on’s and headed to room 9791! It was super duper hot so we decided we would just change into our swimsuits and head to the pool - it was a great plan in theory. :rolleyes: However in the time it took us to change, dark skies had rolled in and were threatening us with rain. We got in the pool and after about 5 minutes there was a crazy-loud crack of thunder followed by an immediate downpour! We hurried back to the room and then sat around and watched TV for the rest of the evening and relaxed. We were both sleeping like logs before 9pm! But just as well, the next day held more adventures!

I hope everyone enjoys their weekends! Tomorrow night is Breaking Dawn, followed by a hair appointment on Saturday and a doggie/family birthday party that evening! Back to work on Sunday....but don't worry, we'll get to day 2 soon! :)

CanadianWDWfan
11-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Hey girl! You will have to let me know all about "Breaking Dawn" as Lexi is beside herself wanting to go.
I want someone who has seen the movie to let me know if there are scenes that are to graphic for her to see.
I havn't read any of the books...but I heard they get married and have a baby...you know what I'm getting at. Wink Wink. :laughing:

Maybe next year we can have a DIS meet Niagra Falls...it would be fun to see you again and do some outlet shopping too! :thumbsup2

I never got to see the new Haunted Mansion queue. Lexi has decided it is too scary (:lmao:) so we skipped it.
I could have gone by myself but never took the time after I was feeling better.
I missed alot of things because I was stuck sick in the room. :upsidedow

Hope you have fun at the birthday party. :goodvibes

I wish I didn't have to work tomorrrow. But it does mean more $$$ for some Disney Merchandise on the next trip. Not like I need anything. :rotfl:

I can't wait to see pics of what you bought.

sunny_stace
11-19-2011, 09:23 AM
Hey girl! You will have to let me know all about "Breaking Dawn" as Lexi is beside herself wanting to go.
I want someone who has seen the movie to let me know if there are scenes that are to graphic for her to see.
I havn't read any of the books...but I heard they get married and have a baby...you know what I'm getting at. Wink Wink. :laughing:

Maybe next year we can have a DIS meet Niagra Falls...it would be fun to see you again and do some outlet shopping too! :thumbsup2

I never got to see the new Haunted Mansion queue. Lexi has decided it is too scary (:lmao:) so we skipped it.
I could have gone by myself but never took the time after I was feeling better.
I missed alot of things because I was stuck sick in the room. :upsidedow

Hope you have fun at the birthday party. :goodvibes

I wish I didn't have to work tomorrrow. But it does mean more $$$ for some Disney Merchandise on the next trip. Not like I need anything. :rotfl:

I can't wait to see pics of what you bought.

Breaking Dawn was good overall! The honeymoon scenes weren't graphic. Those scenes were kept shorter so they could have the PG13 rating. But there was lots of kissing and embraces and all that....the part that would scare her would involve the baby and the birth and all that stuff which isn't until the very end. It does get pretty heavy and gross!:rolleyes1 There were a lot of girls who were Lexi's age but I think it depends on the kid. It would have scared me a little if I were 13. If you want to know details, send me a PM and I'll tell you everything. I don't want to spoil it for someone!:laughing:

You should have said something about the Haunted Mansion and we could have gone together!!:laughing: I'm surprised Lexi thinks she wouldn't like it! I think she would be just fine. Maybe next time...

$$ for Disney merchandise is always a good thing! Its what I'm usually working for! I don't think I took pictures of the things I bought!:headache: I'll try to get around to that. Really I didn't buy a ton of stuff in the end though. I wish I had bought more!

Off to the hairdresser now! Have a lovely weekend everyone!:goodvibes

CanadianWDWfan
11-19-2011, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the info about the movie...I decided to take her last night.
Besides all the screaming fans at the beginning of the movie (not all teens I might add :laughing:) it was good.
Lexi put her hand over her face when the bedroom scene came. :rotfl:
I thought it was handled very PG and funny too.
She shut her eyes during the birth scene.
She told me she loved it except for the baby part.
I went to Walmart right after to buy the book...cause I need to know what happens next.
I didn't feel this way with the other movies...guess I caught the Twilight bug. :rotfl2:

Lexi has been on Haunted Mansion before...she doesn't like the hitchhiking ghosts. :confused3

I am in desperate need of a trip to the hairdresser...I'm just too tired after work.
Enjoy the evening! :goodvibes

MeMom
11-19-2011, 04:55 PM
I hope you guys get to have that Niagara Falls DIS meet. :)

Nice pictures of the Haunted Mansion queue. Seems like they are really hitting the interactive queue idea pretty heavy. I read that Big Thunder Mountain is getting one, too.

sunny_stace
11-20-2011, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the info about the movie...I decided to take her last night.
Besides all the screaming fans at the beginning of the movie (not all teens I might add :laughing:) it was good.
Lexi put her hand over her face when the bedroom scene came. :rotfl:
I thought it was handled very PG and funny too.
She shut her eyes during the birth scene.
She told me she loved it except for the baby part.
I went to Walmart right after to buy the book...cause I need to know what happens next.
I didn't feel this way with the other movies...guess I caught the Twilight bug. :rotfl2:

Lexi has been on Haunted Mansion before...she doesn't like the hitchhiking ghosts. :confused3

I am in desperate need of a trip to the hairdresser...I'm just too tired after work.
Enjoy the evening! :goodvibes

For me, all of the parts of the movie were good but the ones with the werewolves....I am NOT Team Jacob!:lmao: But the books are definitely better! I read them all in a week! And then I read them again and again (well, I skipped New Moon - it's not my fave) and drooled over Edward (and yes I know I am a grown women:rolleyes1) I'm glad she liked the movie....even if Bella was a little scary-looking for the birth!:laughing:

I love the hitchhiking ghosts! What gets me is the little bride at the end - she gives me the heebie-jeebies!:scared1:

I hope you guys get to have that Niagra Falls DIS meet. :)

Nice pictures of the Haunted Mansion queue. Seems like they are really hitting the interactive queue idea pretty heavy. I read that Big Thunder Mountain is getting one, too.

One at Big Thunder Mountain would be awesome! :thumbsup2 There really isn't much to that queue is there?

ILuvCrush
11-25-2011, 10:39 PM
Hi Stace!! I'm late (as usual lol!) but here!!
Going back to read now :cool1:

sunny_stace
11-27-2011, 05:49 PM
Hi Stace!! I'm late (as usual lol!) but here!!
Going back to read now :cool1:

Hi P!:goodvibes Don't worry about being late! Better late than never (as miss Katie says! ;)) I haven't gotten too far!

Hi everyone! I hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving weekend!:hug: Just came home from the long weekend in Indiana with my family! We had Thanksgiving and Black Friday and a birthday party for my neice and nephew and all kinds of stuff happening so Auntie Stacy is a little tired now...but not too tired to do a little update!:thumbsup2

So, our first full day at the World was upon us and we were up early and on our way to Animal Kingdom to get the party started! This my dear friends, was the day I had been dreading for quite some time….my 30th birthday! To be honest, if I hadn’t been at WDW, I would probably have spent the day hiding under my bed in the dark with some type of alcoholic beverage! ;) But thankfully I was in my happy place and was ready to celebrate at Tusker House with a nice breakfast buffet! We hopped right on a bus for Animal Kingdom and got there in record time! We were, in fact, quite early. But they let us into the park early too which was very nice! There weren’t many people milling around so we just wandered a bit before the park opened and we had our reservation.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0020.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0021.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0019.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0022.jpg

Lauren was not up for being silly that morning. I don’t know why she was wearing cranky pants about photography but she would not let me take her picture by the tree or in the photo cutout boards…I didn’t get one until we went for breakfast! We were still pretty early heading up to the podium, but it wasn’t busy and we were taken in right away! However, we did stop for a little photo op first!

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0023.jpg

We were told we would have a bit of a wait before we would see our first character so we headed straight to the buffet! I loaded up the most healthy plate you’ve ever seen (;))

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0025.jpg

And Lauren’s (I don’t know what most of it is, I’m not as adventurous as she is with food!)

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0024.jpg

I don’t have any of Lauren’s pictures with the characters as they are on her camera, so you’ll just be stuck with me! The character interaction here is great and I love any chance to see Daisy Duck! We did however, miss Minnie. She never came around during our meal. Perhaps she had other plans that day - but no worries, we would see her at dinner later! Goofy was very funny this morning and kept resting different body parts on my head (yes, I am quite short - 5’1). It was a great breakfast!

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0028.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0026.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0027.jpg

Up next - more birthday fun and park hopping! :goodvibes

MEK
11-27-2011, 06:08 PM
Stace -

I just realized you had started a TR. Sorry it took me so long to find it. I've gotten into a bad habit of using my user CP, but then I don't see the new TRs.

Anyway - great start. Love your pictures. They are all really crystal clear with lovely colors! What a bummer about the camera battery charger. So glad you were able to replace it.

Great first day at MK and I'm glad you gave POR another chance and that it turned out good.

Your AK outfit is so cute and I love the character pics!

MeMom
11-27-2011, 06:34 PM
The ham at Tusker House is soooo good! Unlike most, I am not a fan of that juice, but that's probably because it's just far too sweet for someone who drinks almost only water all the time at any meal. Most people rave about that juice, but my best memory from there was of that delicious ham.

The characters are too cute in their safari outfits

Love Animal Kingdom pictures any time. :thumbsup2

sunny_stace
11-27-2011, 08:29 PM
Stace -

I just realized you had started a TR. Sorry it took me so long to find it. I've gotten into a bad habit of using my user CP, but then I don't see the new TRs.

Anyway - great start. Love your pictures. They are all really crystal clear with lovely colors! What a bummer about the camera battery charger. So glad you were able to replace it.

Great first day at MK and I'm glad you gave POR another chance and that it turned out good.

Your AK outfit is so cute and I love the character pics!

Mary Ellen!!:goodvibes I have the user CP habit too...unless I spot it in a signature or get a bat signal, I tend to miss them! I'm glad you're enjoying it so far! I actually thought of you when I noticed my charger problem and was trying the places that you had looked at for a memory card!:laughing: The outfit was from Kohls in the summer, thanks!:thumbsup2

The ham at Tusker House is soooo good! Unlike most, I am not a fan of that juice, but that's probably because it's just far too sweet for someone who drinks almost only water all the time at any meal. Most people rave about that juice, but my best memory from there was of that delicious ham.

The characters are too cute in their safari outfits

Love Animal Kingdom pictures any time. :thumbsup2

I am not a ham eater but Lauren loves it. She and I have a habit of trading ham and bacon at breakfast times!:upsidedow I don't care for the juice either, again, Lauren loved it and she drank mine also! The server poured it so quick that I couldn't tell her not to bother! Don't worry, there are more AK pictures to come!:thumbsup2

Roxychica7
11-28-2011, 11:15 AM
Ah, I was missing your TR!! Love that you were there for the 40th celebration! Keep it coming, it looks great so far! :thumbsup2

sunny_stace
11-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Ah, I was missing your TR!! Love that you were there for the 40th celebration! Keep it coming, it looks great so far! :thumbsup2

Thanks Jess!:goodvibes It was very cool to be there for the 40th. I felt like I was living a little piece of Disney history! How are all of your plans coming along?

Roxychica7
11-28-2011, 06:20 PM
Thanks Jess!:goodvibes It was very cool to be there for the 40th. I felt like I was living a little piece of Disney history! How are all of your plans coming along?
They are DONE! My trip book is all together with ADR confirmation numbers and times, memory cards are wiped out, got my anxiety medicine for the flight :rotfl2: and I even started packing last night!! I really hope one day we are able to meet up together!

sunny_stace
12-01-2011, 03:17 PM
After Lauren and I finished our delicious breakfasts, we were ready to head out and explore more of Animal Kingdom. We decided to take a leisurely stroll over towards Expedition Everest and see what kind of wait times there were. On the way to Asia there was a special visitor passing through so we stopped to visit briefly! Devine!

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0029.jpg

It was the first time I had seen her come out of the foliage! There were also a bunch of people who had never seen her before and they were just in awe. :goodvibes

The wait time for Expedition Everest was only 10 minutes! Lauren wasn’t quite ready to ride yet after our big meal so she waited and I went and got in the single rider line. In about 2 minutes I was being sent up to be paired off - and I got to take a spin in the front seat!:banana: I was very excited! I love big thrill rides and Everest is definitely a favourite of mine! I adore the yeti! I hurried through the gift shop to find Lauren and we went and got in line again!

After coming back down the mountain, we decided to head over to take a ride on Dinosaur. We noticed some other friends coming out for a visit, and with no line, we decided to pop over to see them!:goodvibes

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0030.jpg

We finished up the morning at AK by becoming honorary bugs at It’s Tough To Be A Bug and then wandered out to the bus stops. As we walked up to the stop we needed, the bus for DHS was pulling up to the curb - I’m telling you, we had the best luck with transportation! :worship: We boarded the bus and off we went!

We didn’t spend a ton of time at Hollywood Studios but I definitely needed a spin on RNR and ToT!:woohoo:

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0035.jpg

But first, we headed straight over to Pixar Place to try and get fast passes for Toy Story Midway Mania. We knew it was a longshot, and we were right, they were long gone for the day!:rolleyes: But the wait wasn’t too bad, so we decided we would come back later. We headed back over to Rock N’ Roller Coaster and Tower Of Terror.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0036.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0032.jpg

We walked over to the other side of the park afterwards. I had never noticed this billboard before!

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0031.jpg

We went and saw the Muppets and then headed back around to check out the Great Movie Ride. We walked around the courtyard before going inside and looked at the Mary Poppins premiere pictures in the windows. They didn’t really turn out well, but I got one that’s not too bad! (you can even spot my birthday button in it:upsidedow)

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0033.jpg

After we went inside the movies, we decided we would take our chances and head back to check out the TSMM queue. Did we ride, or did we walk away disappointed? Find out in the next update!

Roxychica7
12-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Oh how I LOVE Roger Rabbit! I've never noticed that billboard before either! LOVE your top Stace, such a pretty color and pattern on you with your hair!!

Can't wait to see if you got to ride TSM! :goodvibes

sunny_stace
12-02-2011, 10:17 PM
Oh how I LOVE Roger Rabbit! I've never noticed that billboard before either! LOVE your top Stace, such a pretty color and pattern on you with your hair!!

Can't wait to see if you got to ride TSM! :goodvibes

Thanks Jess!:hug: You are so super sweet! You're giving me cavities!:laughing: I always associate Roger Rabbit with my first trip to WDW in 1992. The movie had come out recently and there was a ton of stuff in the parks about it. Even when I watch it now, thats what I think of! I was excited to see the billboard! Lauren just goes "how do you notice that kinda stuff?....":rolleyes:

In other news our local theatre - The Grand Theatre is currently doing Cinderella as the Christmas play this year. Tonight was opening night and Lauren happened to win tickets for it!:goodvibes It was really cute! Not like the Disney version at all but cute.
(here's the website if you would like to see more about it:
http://www.grandtheatre.com/index.php/mainstage-theatre/2011-12-mainstage-season/cinderella/)
There were lots of little girls dressed up as princesses and guess who I sat next to......Rapunzel!:thumbsup2 Do you think she counts as 89? ;) There were also 7 Cinderella's and 1 Belle

Have a lovely weekend folks!:goodvibes

MEK
12-03-2011, 06:35 AM
:cool1: Woo Hoo for front seat on EE!!!!! Isn't that the best???? I love it! I am hoping to ride EE in the dark in a few weeks - wish me luck! :rotfl:

Fun day in AK and now off to HS. Great pictures along the way. What a wonderful day so far.

Too bad about the TSM FP's. So what did you think of GMR?

sunny_stace
12-04-2011, 09:49 AM
:cool1: Woo Hoo for front seat on EE!!!!! Isn't that the best???? I love it! I am hoping to ride EE in the dark in a few weeks - wish me luck! :rotfl:

Fun day in AK and now off to HS. Great pictures along the way. What a wonderful day so far.

Too bad about the TSM FP's. So what did you think of GMR?

I have only ridden EE once in the dark but it was a blast!:thumbsup2 I didn't realize you were going so soon! GMR is one of those rides that I think is underrated - put Mary Poppins in and anything becomes better! But being a bug movie buff, I really enjoy it! And we did actually get the western side on one occasion this trip which was a nice treat!

sunny_stace
12-15-2011, 11:33 AM
Hi! I don't know if anyone is still reading along, but I just wanted to let you know there will be more updates coming! Forgive the delay, but I do work retail and there are only 10 days left until Christmas! :santa: I haven't had much of a chance to Dis as much as I would like! But there will be more to come!

I hope everyone is enjoying their Holiday Season so far!:goodvibes

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/102_102.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/109_109.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/101_101.jpg

Charleston Princess
12-18-2011, 05:44 AM
I'm still reading, Stacy! Hope all of your customers are behaving as we reach the end of the holiday shopping season! :goodvibes

2xcited2sleep
12-18-2011, 09:18 AM
I'm still here as well. Hang in there at work. I used to work retail and remember all too well the pure exhaustion during the holiday season! :santa:

lmillercrew
12-18-2011, 01:23 PM
I'm still reading too!!!

MeMom
12-18-2011, 01:50 PM
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/101_101.jpg

We will be walking under these one week from today! :dance3:

Hope you get to have some time to relax soon. :thumbsup2

sunny_stace
12-18-2011, 11:55 PM
I'm still reading, Stacy! Hope all of your customers are behaving as we reach the end of the holiday shopping season! :goodvibes

Most customers are lovely this time of year...I was only yelled at by one very rude lady on Saturday evening...:sad2: She will get coal in her stocking I think!

I'm still here as well. Hang in there at work. I used to work retail and remember all too well the pure exhaustion during the holiday season! :santa:

Thanks C! Exhausted? Check! Ready to get into January when we can get organized and rested again!:goodvibes You're lucky to be out of the retail circus!

I'm still reading too!!!

Hi!:goodvibes Hope the season is treating you well!

We will be walking under these one week from today! :dance3:

Hope you get to have some time to relax soon. :thumbsup2

Super jealous...I am turning green with envy as I type!;) Be sure to get there bright and early that day!:santa: I am hoping to do a little relaxing tomorrow! It's my last day off until Christmas and as I finished all the last minute shopping, I have nothing to do but sit at home in my jammies and then a late movie with Lauren! We're gonna go see the Muppets finally!

So, this weekend was kind of a bummer for me...:rolleyes: We had a plumbing disaster happen in the basement (where I live) while trying to install a new washing machine, I wound up working a nearly 11 hour shift at work on Saturday (immediately after the emergency plumber left - I was called in to come early:headache:), I was supposed to go for a manicure and they didn't actually schedule me in so I couldn't get it, Lauren and I had a bit of a tiff (they never last long - no worries! We've been friends long enough that squabbles aren't a big deal)....stressed was my key word this weekend.

Anyhow, my DCousin Meghan, who may as well be my little sister (here's a picture of Meggie and me:))

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/P8182131.jpg

is celebrating her 21st birthday tomorrow! So we were heading over to her house for dinner. She and I wont see each other again until after Christmas (her DBF lives out of town and she goes there for Christmas every year) so we exchanged gifts today. I gave her some gift cards and a Tinkerbell cake, and she gave me....

Tickets to Disney on Ice!!:banana:

I'm so excited! I've never been to a Disney on Ice show before! It's the Treasure Trove show and it looks great! Now I just have to wait until February for a Disney fix!:woohoo:

It definitely made my weekend end on a happy note! I hope you all had lovely weekends as well! Now I am off to do some wrapping! Here's a couple more Disney Christmas shots from our trip in 2008!

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/083_83.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/084_84.jpg

Charleston Princess
12-19-2011, 05:51 AM
How fun to get tickets to Disney on Ice! You are sure to have a great time!

lmillercrew
12-22-2011, 09:06 PM
Have a Merry Christmas!

sunny_stace
12-24-2011, 05:29 PM
:santa: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!:santa:

I hope you all have a very happy, festive, and safe season!

MEK
12-27-2011, 01:12 PM
Merry Christmas Stace. I am still hear and trying to catch up on all my TR subs. I hope things start to slow down for you in the near future.

BTW - EE is the dark was a blast! Well worth the wait. :thumbsup2

sunny_stace
12-27-2011, 05:27 PM
Merry Christmas Stace. I am still hear and trying to catch up on all my TR subs. I hope things start to slow down for you in the near future.

BTW - EE is the dark was a blast! Well worth the wait. :thumbsup2

Thanks Mary Ellen! I hope you and your family had a merry Christmas as well!:hug: Things should start slowing down very much at work as we get into January. I don't get busy again until Valentine's Day! I'm glad to hear EE was fun in the dark! Are you doing a TR?

sunny_stace
12-29-2011, 06:23 PM
Hello folks!:goodvibes

I hope you've all enjoyed your holidays and are getting ready for a happy new year! Things are starting to settle down at work and we're all celebrating that we've survived another Christmas season! Now we just have to worry about inventory in a couple of weeks:eek: In anycase, here is another update!:thumbsup2

So, did we ride TSMM or did we walk away disappointed? We rode TSMM! The wait really wasn’t too bad. The sign above the stand-by entrance said a 70 minute wait was in-store for us but we threw caution to the wind and entered the building. We spent some of our time waiting being entertained by the charming and charismatic Mr. Potato Head!

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0037.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0038.jpg

In the end it turned out to be a 50 minute wait. We got our 3D glasses and headed for Andy’s room!

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0039.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0040.jpg

When we were done playing, our scores showed that Lauren once again kicked my butt at the game (she usually does and can be fiercely competitive!). But we had other matters to tend to! Dinner reservations were coming up and we had to get our tails over to the Contemporary!

Continued in next post :)

sunny_stace
12-29-2011, 06:25 PM
Chef Mickey’s has become a vacation tradition for Lauren and me. Either the first or second night of the trip, we head over and let the Big Cheese himself make us dinner! J And this trip was no exception! So for my birthday dinner I pigged out on the amazing parmesan mashed potatoes, chicken nuggets, Mickey mac ‘n’ cheese, desserts, etc.! This has got to be one of my favourite restaurants on Earth! The food is pretty great and I love the character interaction! We got more pictures taken with the gang!

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0050.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0049.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0048.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0047.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0046.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0045.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0044.jpg

I was lucky enough to end the meal with a song and the traditional Disney birthday cupcake!

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0042.jpg

It was definitely a great start to the evening!:thumbsup2

Charleston Princess
12-30-2011, 05:37 AM
That's the nice thing about TSM -- even when there is a 50-minute wait, there are so many things to look at in the queue.

Hurray for a fun birthday dinner at Chef Mickey's! The pictures of you and Lauren with the characters are adorable!

2xcited2sleep
12-30-2011, 07:30 AM
So fun to have trip traditions like your Chef Mickey's dinner to look forward to. I have to admit I've only been there once for breakfast but it looks like a blast. And can't beat that character interaction! :thumbsup2

sunny_stace
12-30-2011, 07:22 PM
That's the nice thing about TSM -- even when there is a 50-minute wait, there are so many things to look at in the queue.

Hurray for a fun birthday dinner at Chef Mickey's! The pictures of you and Lauren with the characters are adorable!

Thanks CP!:goodvibes It's true! Disney are definitely the masters at keeping you entertained while you're waiting for your entertainment!;)

So fun to have trip traditions like your Chef Mickey's dinner to look forward to. I have to admit I've only been there once for breakfast but it looks like a blast. And can't beat that character interaction! :thumbsup2

I've never been there for breakfast, however that option is being discussed for my next trip! If you get there for dinner be sure to try the parmesan mashed potatoes:cloud9: They're delicious!

CanadianWDWfan
01-10-2012, 07:49 PM
Hi Stacy! Hope your having a great New Year so far! :goodvibes

I noticed your new ticker....tell me all about it...I thought there wasn't going to be Disney this year...;)

Chef Mickey's is great! I love those mashed potatoes too! :thumbsup2

We have had bkfst there and it was good too...you should give it a try.

Those are some fun pics of you and Lauren with the characters. :)

sunny_stace
01-11-2012, 09:13 PM
Hi Stacy! Hope your having a great New Year so far! :goodvibes

I noticed your new ticker....tell me all about it...I thought there wasn't going to be Disney this year...;)

Chef Mickey's is great! I love those mashed potatoes too! :thumbsup2

We have had bkfst there and it was good too...you should give it a try.

Those are some fun pics of you and Lauren with the characters. :)

Hey Lana! I can't wait to hear more about your trip! I hope you managed to get over that bug and have some fun on NYE! My new year has been very busy....as you can tell by the lack of updates! I'll get back into it soon. I didn't think there would be a Disney this year (and there still is a chance of it not happening), but my cousin asked if I would go with her and her husband and their 3 little ones (Mia 5, Kai 4, and Elle 7mos. - my family from Indiana). They're heading down in October! We've discussed the possibility of having breakfast at CM so we'll see!:goodvibes

Roxychica7
01-12-2012, 11:12 AM
YAY for TSM! You're right about the wait time on that one..I always ask them now when the line says over 60 minutes because it has never been correct every time we've gotten on there. And hey I'm not complaining!

Chef Mickey's looks fun! And yay to celebrate your birthday!! Always love those Disney cupcakes, but too stuffed most of the time to eat them after you've already eaten dessert! Have passed by CM's several times checking out the contemporary, but have never eaten there!

sunny_stace
01-12-2012, 07:06 PM
Hello everyone!
Sorry for the little hiatus! As most of you know, I work retail and this was definitely a grueling Christmas season!:eek: And then the week after new year's, our company does it's inventory procedures. This year I was chosen to be part of the regional inventory team so we had to go to all the stores in the district to scan and count starting at 5:30am every morning!:headache: But we're finished with it all now and life is returning to normal! So here we are for an update!:thumbsup2

Nicely stuffed from Chef Mickey’s we dragged ourselves upstairs to the monorail to head over to the Magic Kingdom. The sun was just starting to set and a beautiful twilight was settling over the Grand Floridian.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0052.jpg

My batteries were dying and we didn’t have much time to spare this night so I’m afraid I don’t have too many pictures from the evening. It’s a shame really too as it was a lovely night and the sunset was very pretty indeed! But anyhow, we took our time strolling down Main Street and headed left to take a ride with Capt. Jack and Davy Jones on Pirates! From there we went to Splash Mountain where we successfully made through being flung into the briar patch.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0053.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0054.jpg

It was very very hot and we were happy to get wet on that 50 foot plunge! From Frontierland we hot-footed it over to Liberty Square so I could get at least one birthday ride on the Haunted Mansion.

It was also my birthday wish to see Wishes that night so we quickly made our way over to the hub to snag a spot. I purposefully didn’t take any pictures. I really just wanted to watch it and not be distracted by trying to catch the perfect shot. It truly was a magical and unforgettable experience. :goodvibes That show really touches my heart like nothing else, and by the end I was so inspired and happy that I just burst into tears! Lauren and I just spent a moment sitting on the curb watching the crowds roll out so I could catch my breath. I was just so happy to be where I was at that moment I couldn’t contain my emotions!:upsidedow

After the way had cleared a bit we decided to make a quick jaunt over to Tomorrowland and take a ride on Space Mountain to finish the night. I definitely had a wonderful 30th birthday!:goodvibes

The next morning we slept in a little bit and woke up happy and well-rested! We headed over the bridge to have a quick breakfast.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0058.jpg

I would have taken more pictures along the way, but it was so hot out, and we had the A/C cranked so my camera fogged up like crazy and I was too hungry to worry about it until later!

After breakfast we had planned to head to Epcot as it was the only park we hadn’t been to yet! We started making our way through Futureworld, and went straight for the Land so we could secure some Soarin’ fast passes for later. With those in our bags, we went over to visit with Figment!

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0069.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0071.jpg

After we let our imaginations run wild, we were super excited to make our way over to the other side of the Imagination Pavilion. Why you ask? Well, to see the return of Captain E.O. of course!! :woohoo: Both Lauren and I saw the show on our first trips to WDW so it was kind of cool to have it back again! I also was an MJ fan and love the music in the show and the other fun little characters like Hooter and Fuzzball!

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0072.jpg

And yes, I bought the T-Shirt! :goodvibes

Up next - Exploring World Showcase!

Have a lovely night all!

sunny_stace
01-12-2012, 07:11 PM
YAY for TSM! You're right about the wait time on that one..I always ask them now when the line says over 60 minutes because it has never been correct every time we've gotten on there. And hey I'm not complaining!

Chef Mickey's looks fun! And yay to celebrate your birthday!! Always love those Disney cupcakes, but too stuffed most of the time to eat them after you've already eaten dessert! Have passed by CM's several times checking out the contemporary, but have never eaten there!

I have to admit, I've never finished one of those cupcakes!;) I think you and blake should definitely try CM's sometime!:thumbsup2

MEK
01-12-2012, 07:29 PM
Stace

The GF sunset picture is GORGEOUS! I was so captivated by that picture that I forgot what else you said. :rotfl:

Oh Yeah - I love Splash and its wonderful 50 foot plunge!

sunny_stace
01-13-2012, 10:10 AM
Stace

The GF sunset picture is GORGEOUS! I was so captivated by that picture that I forgot what else you said. :rotfl:

Oh Yeah - I love Splash and its wonderful 50 foot plunge!

Thanks ME!:goodvibes Sometimes I get lucky! None of the other pictures I took from the monorail worked out :rolleyes:

That was the last "wonderful" plunge I took down Splash Mountain during the trip.....but more on that later;)

I hope you all have a lovely weekend! Lauren and I are heading to Toronto for Saturday and Sunday to go see the Grace Kelly exhibit at the TIFF Bell Lightbox! :)

Goldeelox9
01-13-2012, 11:57 AM
What a fun Trip Report! I am loving it!

jenjolt
01-13-2012, 02:23 PM
Loved your GF picture...it was so gorgeous!! What a sight to behold!!!

Oh how I love POR!!!! It is a beautiful place!!!

So glad you had a great day at EPCOT...not Captain EO's biggest fan but I can appreciate it for the great work it was for its time!!

MeMom
01-13-2012, 03:40 PM
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0058.jpg

Such a pretty place!

ScotsMinnie
01-13-2012, 03:49 PM
Having a quiet night looking at the Dis and came across your TR. I love the idea of doing a birthday trip with your BFF - it looks like you had a great time.

Here's the weird thing. I have been to London. Its the one place I really remember from a holiday we had in Canada/USA when I was a teenager. We flew from Scotland to Boston and then drove to Niagra. We stayed on the Canadian side before driving through Canada and going back to US at Detroit on route to Chicago. My Dad had to work a few days there before we got the train back to New York. One of the best holidays ever!

But back to London. We stayed in London and when we were there there was a tornado watch. Now that might not sound exciting. But to a teenager from Scotland who had never seen anything like that before it was sooooo exciting. My Mum however was a nervous wreck! We were taken to the hotel ballroom and all guests had the gather there. We did though get to look out at the tornado and you could see it. The next day there was a lot of damage. I think if that happened now I am older I would be terrified like my Mum was. So London, Canada will forever be etched in my memory!

So really looking forward to reading more of your TR!

Charleston Princess
01-15-2012, 08:00 AM
I love both the picture of the Grand Floridian and the picture of Riverside! Such a pretty view of both of them!

sunny_stace
01-15-2012, 08:09 PM
What a fun Trip Report! I am loving it!

Thank you! :goodvibes There is still much more to come!

Loved your GF picture...it was so gorgeous!! What a sight to behold!!!

Oh how I love POR!!!! It is a beautiful place!!!

So glad you had a great day at EPCOT...not Captain EO's biggest fan but I can appreciate it for the great work it was for its time!!

Thanks Jen! It's true, Captain EO was such a big technological work in it's day and now it's hilarious to see how outdated it is! :laughing: But I still think it's awesome!

Such a pretty place!

It really is!:thumbsup2

Having a quiet night looking at the Dis and came across your TR. I love the idea of doing a birthday trip with your BFF - it looks like you had a great time.

Here's the weird thing. I have been to London. Its the one place I really remember from a holiday we had in Canada/USA when I was a teenager. We flew from Scotland to Boston and then drove to Niagra. We stayed on the Canadian side before driving through Canada and going back to US at Detroit on route to Chicago. My Dad had to work a few days there before we got the train back to New York. One of the best holidays ever!

But back to London. We stayed in London and when we were there there was a tornado watch. Now that might not sound exciting. But to a teenager from Scotland who had never seen anything like that before it was sooooo exciting. My Mum however was a nervous wreck! We were taken to the hotel ballroom and all guests had the gather there. We did though get to look out at the tornado and you could see it. The next day there was a lot of damage. I think if that happened now I am older I would be terrified like my Mum was. So London, Canada will forever be etched in my memory!

So really looking forward to reading more of your TR!

I'm sorry to hear we didn't have our nice weather on for you when you were here!;) When was your holiday? Unfortunately because of where we are located in the middle of the Great Lakes we get a lot of storms! In fact London has the most lightening in all of Canada!:scared1: I have a storm phobia too so I would have been cowering with your mum!:laughing: Glad to have you along for the TR! :goodvibes

I love both the picture of the Grand Floridian and the picture of Riverside! Such a pretty view of both of them!

Thanks! I did get very lucky with some of my scenic shots! Oh! I forgot to ask you, have you ever done any ghost tours in your city? That's what Lauren and I are trying to decide on at the moment! :)

Had a nice weekend away! Weather was unbearbly cold but it was an easy drive! The Grace Kelly exhibit was small but cool. We saw her wedding dress and her Oscar! And then we wound up going with Lauren's Aunt Patti and her fiance to a Toronto Rock lacrosse game in Buffalo! The team lost but it was still a ton of fun! :goodvibes Hope you all had a lovely weekend!

sunny_stace
01-18-2012, 08:16 PM
September 25th continued!:)

So, Lauren and I left Captain EO and finished up our adventures in Futureworld. From there it was on to World Showcase! We walked to Canada first. Our home and native land! We watched the video with Martin Short and then went into the gift shop. I don’t know if anyone else has ever noticed the little Canadian trivia quiz that they have on the counter, but Lauren and I make a point of doing it every time we go in! Now, one of the questions was “what is the longest street in Canada?” Lauren knew the answer and I didn’t and when I asked her what it was, one of the CM’s popped over my shoulder and asked where we were from. We told him we were from London, ON and he scrunched up his nose as if he smelled something bad. “Everyone knows it’s Younge Street in Toronto.” in a very condescending and rude tone. :snooty: Lauren and I took one look at each other and just walked out of the shop. :sad2: I couldn’t believe the attitude! But I wasn’t ready to let him ruin my good mood! So off we went to the U.K.! :thumbsup2

We spent some time shopping in the U.K. and Lauren bought some teas in the Twinings shop. We also browsed through the shops in France and Italy and then I had a couple of stops to make in Germany!:goodvibes

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0073.jpg

My Dcousin Kyle (lives with me and is like the brother I never had) loves all things to do with Germany and is currently learning German! So I wanted to pick up one of the country T-shirts for him. I also really wanted to get a treat from here:

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0074.jpg

A chocolate caramel cookie! I would have taken a picture but I ate it instead! ;)

I probably shouldn’t have eaten it though since it was time for us to head over to The Beach Club for our dinner reservations! We walked out the international gateway and started down the pathway.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0075.jpg

The sky was looking pretty threatening so we quickened our pace to beat the rain.
We made it to Cape May Café in no time! In fact, they weren’t even open yet!

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0076.jpg

Now, Miss Lauren has gotten used to sitting on her behind all day at work and wasn’t prepared for all of the walking we do at WDW and was complaining of achy feet.:rolleyes: I was still full of adrenaline though and was ready to keep moving while we waited. So I went and wandered around a bit while Lauren parked herself on a bench near the restaurant. Unfortunately, most of the pictures I tried to take didn’t turn out. Again, it was so hot out that when we came inside, the lense all fogged up and I didn’t notice until I looked at the photos later. But I did find some pretty orchids!

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0077.jpg

A little line up was forming over by the check-in podium so I went over to check us in and we were taken right away!

Lauren was stoked for this meal! She loves loves loves seafood and definitely enjoyed this meal! :laughing: Here’s Lauren battling her dinner:

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0079.jpg

I think she had a little bit of everything while I stuck mostly to the children’s section of the buffet (chicken nuggets and corn on the cob - yum!). However, I did fall 100% in love with the garlic dinner rolls they serve! :cloud9: And we both stuffed ourselves with dessert too!

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0080.jpg

After dinner we were both very very full! Lauren was beginning her descent into head-cold-land (:sick:she usually pays a visit when we travel) and was tired with sore feet. I on the other hand was still feeling great and ready to fill my evening with fun! So, it was time for my first solo evening! Lauren walked back to Epcot to catch the buss back to POR while I waited at the BC stop to head to the Magic Kingdom!

Up next - a solo evening!

Roxychica7
01-19-2012, 02:36 PM
Oh my gosh I can't tell you how absolutely gorgeous that picture of the Grand Floridian is!!! :lovestruc

Mmm, Cape May is another we have never eaten at. Go figure! Those crab legs sure do look yummy though!

isabelcampana
01-19-2012, 03:06 PM
Loving all those pictures....:worship:

sunny_stace
01-20-2012, 06:04 PM
Oh my gosh I can't tell you how absolutely gorgeous that picture of the Grand Floridian is!!! :lovestruc

Mmm, Cape May is another we have never eaten at. Go figure! Those crab legs sure do look yummy though!

Thanks Jess!:goodvibes Even though I'm not a seafood eater I loved Cape May and would definitely reccomend it! Lauren loved the food there and says it will be a must-do now!

Loving all those pictures....:worship:

Thank you so much!:goodvibes I get lucky once in a while

CanadianWDWfan
01-23-2012, 12:42 AM
Hi Stacy, getting all caught up. Glad your inventory is all out of the way.
Ours isn't til June 30th. Yep day before Canada Day. Fun times!

I have to tell you it was one of the best trips ever...except for the getting sick part. Those days were awful.
Christmas at Disney is so magical. I loved all the decorations and gigantic trees. Some of the characters were in costumes and the castle is unbelievable! Just breath taking.
We had some new ADR's..one was Wolfgang Puck Cafe. If you ever get the chance GO! It was one of the best meals I have had at Disney.
The weather was perfect 70 degrees except for a few chilly days when it dipped down. We even wore hats and gloves one day at Epcot.
It was so nice having a trip after the Xmas rush. Just booked another trip for next year cause we enjoyed it so much.

Love your pics! So pretty! Sunsets are gorgeous in Florida.

Funny you mentioned the storms in London. I can remember when I spent a summer babysitting my nephews and the storms were unreal. You aren't kidding when you say it is got some major lightning.
Fun fact: that summer I made enough to buy a waterbed....complete with blue velvet trim and a mirrored headboard. Oh my goodness...so 80's! :lmao:

We haven't been to the Cape May diner yet. I've had ADR's twice now and had to cancel both times. Maybe a sign.
I don't eat seafood but the land offerings do sound yummy. I'm going to make one again for August and maybe third time will be the charm.
We did have breakfast there this last trip and I fell in love with the place.
My dream resort and it didn't let me down.
We took pics of those same orchids...so beautiful.
Did you see the sandcastle pictures in the hall?
Lexi was tickled by the individual towels in the bathroom...the look on her face was priceless. :rotfl:

Can't wait to hear more.

MEK
01-23-2012, 04:40 AM
Yeah for a solo evening and boo for sore feet! Cape May cafe is a fun restaurant. I love it there. I think your pics turned out great.:goodvibes

sunny_stace
01-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Hi Stacy, getting all caught up. Glad your inventory is all out of the way.
Ours isn't til June 30th. Yep day before Canada Day. Fun times!

I have to tell you it was one of the best trips ever...except for the getting sick part. Those days were awful.
Christmas at Disney is so magical. I loved all the decorations and gigantic trees. Some of the characters were in costumes and the castle is unbelievable! Just breath taking.
We had some new ADR's..one was Wolfgang Puck Cafe. If you ever get the chance GO! It was one of the best meals I have had at Disney.
The weather was perfect 70 degrees except for a few chilly days when it dipped down. We even wore hats and gloves one day at Epcot.
It was so nice having a trip after the Xmas rush. Just booked another trip for next year cause we enjoyed it so much.

Love your pics! So pretty! Sunsets are gorgeous in Florida.

Funny you mentioned the storms in London. I can remember when I spent a summer babysitting my nephews and the storms were unreal. You aren't kidding when you say it is got some major lightning.
Fun fact: that summer I made enough to buy a waterbed....complete with blue velvet trim and a mirrored headboard. Oh my goodness...so 80's! :lmao:

We haven't been to the Cape May diner yet. I've had ADR's twice now and had to cancel both times. Maybe a sign.
I don't eat seafood but the land offerings do sound yummy. I'm going to make one again for August and maybe third time will be the charm.
We did have breakfast there this last trip and I fell in love with the place.
My dream resort and it didn't let me down.
We took pics of those same orchids...so beautiful.
Did you see the sandcastle pictures in the hall?
Lexi was tickled by the individual towels in the bathroom...the look on her face was priceless. :rotfl:

Can't wait to hear more.

I'm glad you enjoyed your Christmas trip (even with more sickness...you and Lauren must be related! :laughing:) I also had a waterbed in the 80's:lmao: My daddy bought it at a garage sale from our neighbours and it lasted about a month before I was playing on it with the dog and a hole was punched in it:sad2: And Beach Club is my dream resort too...we should pool our money together sometime and make it happen!:thumbsup2

Yeah for a solo evening and boo for sore feet! Cape May cafe is a fun restaurant. I love it there. I think your pics turned out great.:goodvibes

Oh Lauren....she knows what walking is like at Disney and I told her she should prepare in advance now that she has her cushy desk job....:laughing: Don't worry, she lived! I think another trip to Cape May is definitely in my future!

crazycatlady
01-24-2012, 06:11 AM
I'm really enjoying your trip report! :thumbsup2

lmillercrew
01-24-2012, 06:27 PM
I would love to have that picture of the Grand Floridian blown up and put in a frame! Absolutely gorgeous!

sunny_stace
01-24-2012, 08:23 PM
I'm really enjoying your trip report! :thumbsup2

Thank you!:goodvibes

I would love to have that picture of the Grand Floridian blown up and put in a frame! Absolutely gorgeous!

Thank you! It was definitely a lucky shot! It would look good in my bathroom....:laughing:

dreamseeker9
01-24-2012, 09:37 PM
What a great trip report, and such beautiful photos! I'm staying at POR this October and going with my friend, just us 2 adults, so I'm very much relating to this report! Can't wait to hear about your solo night in MK!

sunny_stace
01-25-2012, 09:17 PM
What a great trip report, and such beautiful photos! I'm staying at POR this October and going with my friend, just us 2 adults, so I'm very much relating to this report! Can't wait to hear about your solo night in MK!

Ooh! Your trip sounds like fun! I'll be heading back in October too! POR really redeemed itself to me on this trip so I bet you guys will have a blast! It's very peaceful and tranquil and pretty! Going as an adult without kids is really great because you can just do what you want without worrying about timetables and routines and that kind of thing and it's likely totally focusing on the fun you want to have!:woohoo:

Started planning the upcoming trip in October with my DCousin over the phone tonight! We're gonna be arriving at WDW October 6th and the plan is to stay at Coronado Springs!:goodvibes I've never stayed there before, have any of you? Thoughts? Tips? My Dcousin and her DH will be in one room with the kids and my aunt and I will share another room.

My DNeice (5) has also told me that I must take her to see Rapunzel because "Rapunzel will have missed us so much! You know Auntie, she is my best girl!" This will be the first time I've gone with children in 11 years!! Any tips on that? The kids will be 5 (nearly 6 - girl), 4 (boy) and about 18 months (girl) so we'll definitely have our hands full! I'm super excited!:yay:

Hope everyone is having a good week!

MeMom
01-26-2012, 04:33 AM
POR - It's very peaceful and tranquil and pretty!

So true. I love the atmosphere there.

Started planning the upcoming trip in October with my DCousin over the phone tonight! We're gonna be arriving at WDW October 6th and the plan is to stay at Coronado Springs!

It's a pretty place. All Disney resorts are.

We're going to be there the 5th to the 14th, so we will make plans to meet. :thumbsup2

My DNeice (5) has also told me that I must take her to see Rapunzel because "Rapunzel will have missed us so much! You know Auntie, she is my best girl!" This will be the first time I've gone with children in 11 years!! Any tips on that? The kids will be 5 (nearly 6 - girl), 4 (boy) and about 18 months (girl) so we'll definitely have our hands full! I'm super excited!:yay:

Go to Rapunzel as soon as the park open. The line for her gets long quickly.

As for the kids, go with the flow. Be prepared for whatever, because kids sometimes have little meltdowns about the silliest things. Just know it usually stems from them being tired or hungry. Usually, when they are well-rested and well-fed, they are agreeable little creatures. :lovestruc Make sure they have swim time and playground time and just hanging out time when they need it and all will go better for the grown-ups. One on one time is nice, too. If you get the chance to take one of them for ice cream and a ride all alone so you can focus on them as an individual and not in a group, it is a very special time. Buy a box of Disney fruit snacks and have a few packs in your bag at all time. Those things are gold for a get-us-through time like waiting in a line, not quite time to eat a meal, a bus ride, or whatever. They work wonders, I tell ya!

CanadianWDWfan
01-27-2012, 05:17 AM
You had a waterbed too...:rotfl2:...so funny!!!

Coronado Springs is a gorgeous resort. We had lunch there one afternoon.

It will surely be a different trip with kids than what you've been used to.
Is Lauren bummed she isn't going?

Memom gave you some excellent tips. :thumbsup2
Definitely see Rapunzel first thing. Book a breakfast ADR one morning at Crystal Palace so you can be one of the first in line. ;)
I actually just ordered an airbrushed tee for Lexi that she is going to love. Next to Tiana, Rapunzel is her favorite.

Dis meets are always fun! I'm jealous you will get to see Brooklynnsmommy's new baby. :goodvibes

I can't wait to see what mother nature sent us last night...ice, snow....who knows. Gotta love winter. :rotfl:

* Just checked and all school buses are cancelled. Lexi & Aaron will be so excited for a "snow day" making it a long weekend.
Wish I was that lucky. Adults still have to go to work despite the weather.

sunny_stace
01-27-2012, 10:16 PM
So true. I love the atmosphere there.

It's a pretty place. All Disney resorts are.

We're going to be there the 5th to the 14th, so we will make plans to meet. :thumbsup2

Go to Rapunzel as soon as the park open. The line for her gets long quickly.

As for the kids, go with the flow. Be prepared for whatever, because kids sometimes have little meltdowns about the silliest things. Just know it usually stems from them being tired or hungry. Usually, when they are well-rested and well-fed, they are agreeable little creatures. :lovestruc Make sure they have swim time and playground time and just hanging out time when they need it and all will go better for the grown-ups. One on one time is nice, too. If you get the chance to take one of them for ice cream and a ride all alone so you can focus on them as an individual and not in a group, it is a very special time. Buy a box of Disney fruit snacks and have a few packs in your bag at all time. Those things are gold for a get-us-through time like waiting in a line, not quite time to eat a meal, a bus ride, or whatever. They work wonders, I tell ya!

Thanks for the tips MeMom!:goodvibes Mia is the same age as Brooklynn (well, a little younger as her birthday is in November) so I'll definitely be looking through your TR's for more tips! I imagine she and her Auntie Stacy will spend lots of one-on-one time together as she is very much like me and has told me that she also expects me to ride Splash Mountain with her "10 times on the days!" :laughing: I agree with you - with this lot as long as we are all fed and well-rested, we should be just fine!

:banana:Super excited for a Dis Meet!:banana: We'll be arriving the 6th and leaving either the 12th or 13th. (it would be the 5th to the 14th but I have to add a day each way to drive back and forth from Indiana so we can all travel together from there). We'll have to make a plan!

You had a waterbed too...:rotfl2:...so funny!!!

Coronado Springs is a gorgeous resort. We had lunch there one afternoon.

It will surely be a different trip with kids than what you've been used to.
Is Lauren bummed she isn't going?

Memom gave you some excellent tips. :thumbsup2
Definitely see Rapunzel first thing. Book a breakfast ADR one morning at Crystal Palace so you can be one of the first in line. ;)
I actually just ordered an airbrushed tee for Lexi that she is going to love. Next to Tiana, Rapunzel is her favorite.

Dis meets are always fun! I'm jealous you will get to see Brooklynnsmommy's new baby. :goodvibes

I can't wait to see what mother nature sent us last night...ice, snow....who knows. Gotta love winter. :rotfl:

* Just checked and all school buses are cancelled. Lexi & Aaron will be so excited for a "snow day" making it a long weekend.
Wish I was that lucky. Adults still have to go to work despite the weather.

I think your nasty weather is headed our way (which is great because Lauren and I are heading to Auburn Hills, MI for a shopping weekend in the morning:headache:) Where do you order your T-shirts from? I want a Rapunzel shirt!!:goodvibes I was disappointed there was no adult merchandise...I saw Rapunzel the night of MNSSHP and lined up for about an hour for it. Mia waited of her own free will for longer than that when they went in December so I'm not all that worried about it. She may even forget about it by then or be on to someone else.:rolleyes: I'm am super excited to be there with the kids.

Mia is going to be just like her auntie (she's a future dis-town resident for sure!) and already has a million plans in her 5-year-old brain!:laughing: And her mother and I spent almost 2 hours on the phone the other night discussing resorts and where we wanted to stay so I'm sure there is a ton of planning to come! It will definitely be a different, shorter trip but I'm excited to share the magic with my family! Lauren told me while we were in WDW in September that she's ready to not go back for a few years. She loves it, but not quite like we do!

I hope you all have a lovely weekend! I'll be back with a new update next week!:goodvibes

CanadianWDWfan
01-28-2012, 09:11 AM
We definitely got some yucky weather yesterday.

Hope you got to the US okay.

Your shopping trip should be so much fun. Got something in mind?

I popped over Thursday for a few things.
Got an awesome deal on a new TV for Aaron (Valentines Day gift :ssst:)

I ordered the Rapunzel tee from a guy on Ebay. I'll let you know how it turns out.
He's also doing a Monster High one for her birthday and some beach ones for the cruise.

I love the name Mia...so pretty! She sounds delightful!
It will be so fun for you to have a little buddy to go around the parks with. :goodvibes

Don't you just love planning trips...I never get tired of it.

We always discuss trying a different resort but somehow always stay at POP. We just love it there. Just like Memom we feel at home there.

What??? Lauren actually 'wants' a break from Disney...:sad2:

Enjoy the weekend! :thumbsup2

sunny_stace
01-31-2012, 08:26 PM
We definitely got some yucky weather yesterday.

Hope you got to the US okay.

Your shopping trip should be so much fun. Got something in mind?

I popped over Thursday for a few things.
Got an awesome deal on a new TV for Aaron (Valentines Day gift :ssst:)

I ordered the Rapunzel tee from a guy on Ebay. I'll let you know how it turns out.
He's also doing a Monster High one for her birthday and some beach ones for the cruise.

I love the name Mia...so pretty! She sounds delightful!
It will be so fun for you to have a little buddy to go around the parks with. :goodvibes

Don't you just love planning trips...I never get tired of it.

We always discuss trying a different resort but somehow always stay at POP. We just love it there. Just like Memom we feel at home there.

What??? Lauren actually 'wants' a break from Disney...:sad2:

Enjoy the weekend! :thumbsup2

We did have an ok trip to Michigan over the weekend. The driving was pretty bad but the roads were ok, just bad visibility. However I have come down with some nasty kind of flu-bug that was starting to appear Saturday afternoon and by the time we got to dinner that night I had a fever going. Sunday morning we just came straight home.:sick: I really didn't buy much. Groceries, a couple of new shirts at the Disney outlet, and a new purse. Lauren spent a bundle though!

Would you like to adopt me? I could use a TV as a Valentine's gift!:goodvibes Oh your kids are lucky!

I'm looking forward to trying Coronado! Someday I would like to have tried all of the resorts! Mia is pretty delightful and I'm sure we will have a great time together! She will no likely be able to entertain us all in line with her storytelling (she can ramble for hours and has a wild imagination!). And yes, Lauren wants a break from Disney. She loves it, but not like we do.:rolleyes:

sunny_stace
01-31-2012, 08:31 PM
Hi everyone! I'm stuck at home with a flu-bug:sick: I've slept for most of the day so I thought I would cheer myself up by working on an update and looking at photos of my favourite thing at WDW - Wishes!:goodvibes

It wasn’t a long wait until a bus came along and it was off to the Magic Kingdom! MK was having EMH this night and was open until 1am!:woohoo: It was about 8:30pm when I arrived and Main Street was getting pretty crowded with people waiting for Wishes.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0082.jpg

I made my way into the hub and secured a place for myself to watch it too! I enjoyed the Magic, Memories and You show again as well! However, I am afraid I have no photographic evidence of it…my camera will not pick up the lighting on the castle for some reason! But not to worry, I took a bunch of shots during this viewing of Wishes!:thumbsup2

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0098.jpg

To me, this show is Disney magic in a nutshell. Not many other things in this world leave me walking away filled with such a sense of hope and inspiration. Sounds cheesy maybe, but it’s true! It makes me genuinely happy that so many people are able to experience this night after night. :goodvibes

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0099.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0100.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0105.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0106.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0109.jpg

After the show, I sat on the curb in the hub and waited for the crowds to thin out. Most people were headed for the exit, but not me! I had plans to close down the Magic Kingdom that night! What did the evening have in store for me? Stayed tuned for the next update to find out!:wizard:

MelMel11
01-31-2012, 09:42 PM
Enjoying your TR!!!

pixidustmom
01-31-2012, 09:53 PM
Just joining in now. I am enjoying your TR. I wish my BFF and I could take a trip together. We have been lucky to do a few trips but never there. She went as a little girl and says she didn't care for it much.
Well hello, one it's changed since then, two she has never been there with me and I would make sure she had a heck of a time.:thumbsup2
Looking forward to reading more.

sunny_stace
02-01-2012, 05:23 PM
Enjoying your TR!!!

Thank you!:goodvibes

Just joining in now. I am enjoying your TR. I wish my BFF and I could take a trip together. We have been lucky to do a few trips but never there. She went as a little girl and says she didn't care for it much.
Well hello, one it's changed since then, two she has never been there with me and I would make sure she had a heck of a time.:thumbsup2
Looking forward to reading more.

I am very lucky that Lauren is an easy sell! You should make a point of showing your BFF all of the awesome stuff that is new since she was there and why you think it's so great! Send her food and shopping pictures and links to youtube videos (thats how I usually get Lauren to want to go again!). Thanks for joining in!

MEK
02-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well, but I'm glad you used your recuperation time to do an update. I really enjoyed your pictures of Wishes. Just lovely! Get well soon!

sunny_stace
02-01-2012, 05:30 PM
Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well, but I'm glad you used your recuperation time to do an update. I really enjoyed your pictures of Wishes. Just lovely! Get well soon!

Thanks Mary Ellen!:goodvibes I am feeling a bit better today! I got lots of sleep and dranks lots of tea and Wishes always helps make me feel good!:thumbsup2

CanadianWDWfan
02-01-2012, 11:52 PM
I hope you are feeling better tonight....no one deserves to get the flu. :hug:

Too bad you had to cut your shopping trip early.

I miss the Disney store. I may book a room in Syracuse the weekend of Family Day.
I need a Disney store fix. And a IHOP breakfast....Red Robin diner. :laughing:

Wishes is awesome! I often play the CD in my car and pretend to be standing there.
I find it so magical to be there with all the other guests...hearing the oooh's and aah's.
In that moment I feel so grateful to be on another Disney vacation.

MeMom
02-02-2012, 05:31 AM

Pop is home to us. We enjoy trying all the new resorts, but I think the ideal situation for us is to stay at Pop and then add on a couple of nights at a new resort at the end. We stay in our price range, we stay at a place we know we like, and we get to try something new without committing the entire trip to an unknown.

To me, this show is Disney magic in a nutshell. Not many other things in this world leave me walking away filled with such a sense of hope and inspiration. Sounds cheesy maybe, but it’s true! It makes me genuinely happy that so many people are able to experience this night after night. :goodvibes

Sorry you are feeling bad. Seems like all of our DIS friends are taking turns being sick right now.

Just think of the people who only go to Magic Kingdom once in a lifetime. I hope they remember that special feeling at the end of their day. :wizard:

I miss the Disney store. I may book a room in Syracuse the weekend of Family Day.

Wishes is awesome! I often play the CD in my car and pretend to be standing there.

Rumor is that we are getting Disney Store back when our flooded mall finally reopens! :dance3:

Another CD playing DIS person here. As soon as I get in the car after a school day, I turn on that wonderful Disney music to take me away! I am really wanting an ipod, so I may get that with income tax money. Then I won't have to worry about scratched CD's any more. :goodvibes

sunny_stace
02-02-2012, 04:47 PM
I hope you are feeling better tonight....no one deserves to get the flu. :hug:

Too bad you had to cut your shopping trip early.

I find it so magical to be there with all the other guests...hearing the oooh's and aah's.
In that moment I feel so grateful to be on another Disney vacation.

You know, I've never been to IHOP! My USA staple is Olive Garden...why oh why can't we have one here?! I am a big lover of the Wishes CD too! I had forgotten about Family day! Yay! And extra day off!:goodvibes You just made my day!

Pop is home to us. We enjoy trying all the new resorts, but I think the ideal situation for us is to stay at Pop and then add on a couple of nights at a new resort at the end. We stay in our price range, we stay at a place we know we like, and we get to try something new without committing the entire trip to an unknown.

Sorry you are feeling bad. Seems like all of our DIS friends are taking turns being sick right now.

Just think of the people who only go to Magic Kingdom once in a lifetime. I hope they remember that special feeling at the end of their day. :wizard:

Rumor is that we are getting Disney Store back when our flooded mall finally reopens! :dance3:

Another CD playing DIS person here. As soon as I get in the car after a school day, I turn on that wonderful Disney music to take me away! I am really wanting an ipod, so I may get that with income tax money. Then I won't have to worry about scratched CD's any more. :goodvibes

Fingers crossed that you get your Disney store back. We've never had one so I'm used to having to travel for it. It's good really as it cuts back my spending!;)

I'm starting to feel better now. I'm tired and achy but the only thing really pestering me now is a tickle in my throat - and the family and co-workers I have passed the flu bug on to!:rolleyes: Are you feeling better MeMom? We have been virtually passing it around the Dis too!

sunny_stace
02-14-2012, 09:47 PM
Hi Everyone! Sorry for the delay in updates! Sometimes life gets in the way of Dis-time!:headache: But for anyone who is still reading along, I have an update all ready to go! But before that I want to wish you all a
:love:Happy Valentine's Day!:love:

And now - on with the show!:thumbsup2

Oh the evening of September 25th…..
So after Wishes I had about the last luck I would encounter that night. Once the crowd from the show had cleared out I decided to head over to Tomorrowland and take a spin on Space Mountain. Before I did that though, I had an urge to pop into some of the shops over there since I hadn’t gone in yet. Low and behold I walked into the Merchant Of Venus shop and spotted something I had been desperate to find - a battery charger!!! :banana: I was so excited! Finally I would be able to charge my camera batteries and not have to worry about how many pictures I could take in a day! It didn’t even cost me an arm and a leg! If memory serves it was around $25 or so. I also bought a watch. I don’t think I took a picture of it but it has a brown leather band and the face has Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto and DAISY! :woohoo: You can never find adult merchandise with Daisy on it! So I snagged it and put it on right away! I went on Space Mountain and then walked up through Fantasyland and went on The Haunted Mansion.

From there I made a big big big mistake that would change the course of events for my evening. Oh yes, I got in line for Splash Mountain.

I should have known. The stand-by line was posted at a 10 minute wait so I went ahead and went down the path and walked straight to the part where you head into the mountain. The line was stopped there and I waited, chatting with a family ahead of me in line - totally unsuspecting. When we reached the front of the line, they were ushered up to a log and I was told to wait. I should have pretended I was part of their group.:rolleyes:

I got on the log and was seated in the front row. Behind me was a lovely young family who had never been on the ride before and the little girl was hesitant about riding….I (looking the fool in the end:upsidedow), turned my head around and assured her how much fun she was about to have. Things went ok at first until we got around to the spot where Brer Rabbit decides he’s gonna leave the Briar Patch. We were stopped. :eek: “Brer Fox and Brer Bear are causing a commotion down stream…” After a few minutes we started moving again. We didn’t get too far though. Just as we got to the part where Brer Bear has his head stuck in the beehive, and you’re going up the ramp to go down the hill into the Laughing Place we stopped again.

“Brer Fox and Brer Bear are causing a commotion down stream…” A few minutes pass…“Brer Fox and Brer Bear are causing a commotion down stream…” Another few minutes pass…“Brer Fox and Brer Bear are causing a commotion down stream…” Another few more minutes pass…“Brer Fox and Brer Bear are causing a commotion down stream…” :headache::headache::headache:

After about 10 minutes a CM pops out of a hidden hallway with a flashlight and informs us that the lights are going to go out for a moment and then the full lights would come on and all of the sound would cease. There was some kind of computer malfunction happening. Because we were at the crest of a hill and were stopped, a bunch of other boats had floated up to a stop behind us. The poor little girl behind me who had a been a little timid at the beginning was terrified at this point! :sad2: Most people were getting angry and personally I was just slightly uncomfortable from being propped up and my rear end was getting a little stiff sitting on the hard fiberglass. The CM had disappeared again from wherever she had come from. I was spending time noticing the spots that could use a paint touch-up. About another 20 minutes passed and a new pair of CM’s came out and were whispering about whether or not they would have to evacuate us. :headache: I was praying that they would….

We waited for what seemed like years before finally a very young female CM came out of the woodwork to explain what was really going on and what was going to happen. This however could not be done until a very very rude man a couple of boats back threw every expletive in the book at her.:sad2: I felt so horrible for her. She couldn’t have been more than 17 years old and was doing her best. Another CM came out of the woodwork to give her a hand and deal with the rotten grump behind us. The little girl behind me who was scared had fallen asleep! The computer was having some kind of glitch with the sound and we would all finish the ride with full lighting (not stage lighting) and no sound. When we reached the exit we would be taken care of by other park staff. It is really weird to go up that hill and not hear “please don’t fling me into that briar patch!” and not hear the song when you make it safely down. But we were safe and sound and in total had spent (thanks to my new watch) approximately 94 minutes on the ride. :scared1: Several executive-looking park staff were waiting for us at the exit - a security guard to speak to the rude man who was still yelling at people. We were given several Fast Passes each that were good for a week, and food and beverage vouchers. We were also apologized to. I thought it was handled particularly well to be honest and I made a point of going to guest relations to say so when I left the park. They actually gave me more Fast Passes for saying so! :thumbsup2 I was exhausted and hungry and decided it was probably a good idea to cut the night short.

I stopped briefly in the hub to take some more pictures before leaving. Sorry you had to wait so long into the update for any photos!;)

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0115.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0120.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0116.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0122.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0123.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0125.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0126.jpg

I stopped at the Confectionary to use my vouchers (I got a couple of rice krispie treats and a coke) and headed for the bus stop! Besides, we had an early morning lined up and I needed my beauty sleep!

MEK
02-15-2012, 06:10 PM
90 minutes! OMG! That is exactly why I always go to the bathroom BEFORE I get on that ride. Just in case I get stuck for 90 minutes! :scared1: So sorry that happened to you. And to make matters even worse you had to deal with that jack @$$ in the boat behind you. I bet you wished you could have taken a nap!

Glad to see your update. I almost missed it! :thumbsup2

MEK
02-15-2012, 06:10 PM
Oh yeah - more beautiful castle pictures! :goodvibes

MeMom
02-15-2012, 07:25 PM
That was quite a Splash Mountain adventure!
I'm glad you got compensated for your time. We have been stuck on several rides before, but never for that long! :eek:

sunny_stace
02-15-2012, 08:33 PM
90 minutes! OMG! That is exactly why I always go to the bathroom BEFORE I get on that ride. Just in case I get stuck for 90 minutes! :scared1: So sorry that happened to you. And to make matters even worse you had to deal with that jack @$$ in the boat behind you. I bet you wished you could have taken a nap!

Glad to see your update. I almost missed it! :thumbsup2

Oh yeah - more beautiful castle pictures! :goodvibes

Thankfully I was ok potty-wise! I was lucky to be far enough away from the jerk behind me that he wasn't too bothersome. However, I did have to bite my tongue when he was yelling at the CM. She handled it very well though! I was just soaking everything in with the lights on and chatting with the people in the boat!:goodvibes

That was quite a Splash Mountain adventure!
I'm glad you got compensated for your time. We have been stuck on several rides before, but never for that long! :eek:

The park CM's were really great about their customer service. I was highly impressed. It was definitely an interesting experience!:upsidedow Mia has been asking me if I will take her on it when we go in October and I'm afraid to say yes!

sunny_stace
02-23-2012, 06:10 PM
Hello everyone! Hope everyone is having a lovely Thursday!:goodvibes Here's an update for anyone still reading along! Enjoy!

So, as I mentioned before, Lauren and I had an early morning ahead of us on September 26, 2011! We were onto Day 4 of our trip and were finally getting into the rhythm of getting up early every morning! Lauren is a morning person by nature. I am NOT! Once we were ready to go we booked it over to the bus stop and in seconds were boarding a bus to the Magic Kingdom. I spent the bus ride telling Lauren the story of the night before and how she was lucky she hadn’t come with me to the park after all. She laughed so hard I thought she might wet herself! She asked if I was sure I wanted to go back there today - and I was! However, there was absolutely no way I was going on Splash Mountain! She offered me $10 to do it and I still refused! :laughing: Besides, we had other business in the park that morning! We had a Pre-park opening ADR for Crystal Palace!

We spent a little time wandering around Main Street since there was no one else around! It was a beautiful sunny morning and I didn’t have to be afraid of running out of camera batteries anymore! I snapped away!

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0128.jpg

Did I mention it was sunny?
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0129.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0131.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0134.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0137.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0139.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0140.jpg

We checked it at the window on the porch and were told it would be about a 10 minute wait.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0141.jpg

I snapped a couple of photos while we waited.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0143.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0144.jpg

Our 10 minute wait turned out to be about 3 minutes! :thumbsup2We were seated quickly and had the buffet experience explained to us (needlessly) by our waiter. His name was Kip and he was from Melbourne Australia! It wasn’t long before Lauren and I made our way to the buffet to indulge in a little bit of Heaven….oh yes, puffed French toast! :cloud9: I could eat this every single day of my life (and then I would weigh about 58342593847 lbs.!)

Take a look at my very healthy breakfast! ;) (Lauren also had some kind of eggs and the potato casserole) Also, I had tried to spell out “pooh” with the confetti!:upsidedow

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0145.jpg

The characters came around of course. I don’t have any of Lauren’s photos since they were on her camera and unfortunately, not too many of mine came out. Lauren must have been on a sugar rush when she was taking pictures for me as they are all a little blurry! :rolleyes: Here are a couple anyhow…

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0146.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0147.jpg

With our bellies stuffed with sugar (not fluff like Pooh Bear’s!), we headed back out into the sun! Where did we go? Stay tuned to find out!:)

MEK
02-23-2012, 08:20 PM
Still reading along! What a perfectly gorgeous morning! Yours is the second TR I read today with a pre park opening ADR at CP. MK looks so beautiful when its empty. Lovely pics.

I have to try that stuffed french toast. It looks so yummy!

pixidustmom
02-23-2012, 08:42 PM
I somehow missed your last one and just read it. Wow crazy ride and to be sitting in the position would not have been fun. I always worry about that and think what if I had a bad urge to use the restroom. I know right, like that should be my biggest concern.lol But I tend to wait for the last minute and that could happen.
Glad you got your power cord too.
Breakfast is the one thing we missed when we went last time. I had my ADR for our first morning there but after we arrived at the hotel the night before, I got a bad stomach bug and spent the whole night by the toilet. So we slept in and I missed it.

MeMom
02-24-2012, 06:15 AM
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0128.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0134.jpg

Beautiful! We just booked our October trip, so this was nice to see. :goodvibes

sunny_stace
02-24-2012, 10:01 AM
Still reading along! What a perfectly gorgeous morning! Yours is the second TR I read today with a pre park opening ADR at CP. MK looks so beautiful when its empty. Lovely pics.

I have to try that stuffed french toast. It looks so yummy!

Funny! :laughing: I always try for an early early ADR at CP so I can feel like I have MK to myself for awhile! It was a beautiful beautiful morning! And yes, you should definitely try the puffed french toast. I promise, you will never be the same after!:cloud9::love:

I somehow missed your last one and just read it. Wow crazy ride and to be sitting in the position would not have been fun. I always worry about that and think what if I had a bad urge to use the restroom. I know right, like that should be my biggest concern.lol But I tend to wait for the last minute and that could happen.
Glad you got your power cord too.
Breakfast is the one thing we missed when we went last time. I had my ADR for our first morning there but after we arrived at the hotel the night before, I got a bad stomach bug and spent the whole night by the toilet. So we slept in and I missed it.

My first thought after I knew it would be a long wait was that I was gonna need a potty and not be able to go!:rotfl: And with all that water flowing...but thankfully I didn't! I'm sorry to hear about your stomach bug. By then end of the trip between the heat and all the rich food, my stomach wasn't the happiest either. The flight home was slightly torturous!:sick: It just means you'll have to go for an extra breakfast on your next trip!:thumbsup2

Beautiful! We just booked our October trip, so this was nice to see. :goodvibes

Thanks MeMom!:goodvibes It really is my favourite time of year to visit! What are your dates for October?

MeMom
02-25-2012, 03:20 AM
Thanks MeMom!:goodvibes It really is my favourite time of year to visit! What are your dates for October?

We'll be at Pop from October 5th through 13th. :)
Jill is super excited, because the 5th is her birthday. She missed going in October last year, so she is more than ready to be there again during that time.

MEK
02-25-2012, 06:04 AM
Funny! :laughing: I always try for an early early ADR at CP so I can feel like I have MK to myself for awhile! It was a beautiful beautiful morning! And yes, you should definitely try the puffed french toast. I promise, you will never be the same after!:cloud9::love:

I have an ADR at CP in June and the first thing I am putting on my plate is the stuffed french toast!!!!! :thumbsup2

sunny_stace
02-25-2012, 12:39 PM
We'll be at Pop from October 5th through 13th. :)
Jill is super excited, because the 5th is her birthday. She missed going in October last year, so she is more than ready to be there again during that time.

How exciting for Jill!:goodvibes I'm excited to finally have a Dis meet with you guys! We'll arrive on the 6th!

I have an ADR at CP in June and the first thing I am putting on my plate is the stuffed french toast!!!!! :thumbsup2

Ooooh I am jealous! I really hope my family can agree to eat there in October!

I'm super excited! I'm going to Disney on Ice Treasure Trove tonight! We have terrible seats, but I expect it will still be fun! Hope you're all having a lovely weekend!:goodvibes

sunny_stace
03-08-2012, 08:02 PM
Hey everyone. Sorry again for the lack of timely updates.:rolleyes:

Things have been busy and times have been a little tough this week. If I can ask you guys to keep some of my friends and family in your thoughts and prayers? I had my car breakdown, and dental surgery today...but there has been a lot of bad news happening to those close to me who could really use some good vibes. Two friends of mine lost jobs, my Dcousin found out that she will lose her leg due to a cancerous growth, and another friend of mine sadly suffered a miscarriage this week. :sad1: I'm just trying to stay upbeat to help them. So a little dose of Disney magic should help!

On with the update!

After a lovely breakfast we were ready to spend some more time in the sunshine around the Magic Kingdom. It was around 10am by this time and it was already so hot we thought we might melt! We headed over the bridge and followed the jungle drums into Adventureland.

Looking to make a quick dash into some air conditioning, and be entertained, we made our way here:

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0150.jpg

The show was just about to start and we made our way straight into the enchantment! I was really excited to see the show back in it’s original form. Though I had no real issue with the “Under New Management” version, I do prefer the original! You know the old saying “if it ain’t broke…” and all that. I turned my flash off and snapped a couple of pictures during the show.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0152.jpg

In the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room, in the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room, all the birds sing the words and flowers croon, in the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room! I get this song stuck in head very easily…I hope you all do too!

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0153.jpg

After a great show with the birds and their friends, we went to visit Capt. Jack and his mates, and then realized we hadn’t been on the Jungle Cruise yet! That definitely had to be remedied so we went over and got in line.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0154.jpg

I spotted the Tiki Room again in the distance

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0155.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0158.jpg

I guess no one has been found since the last time I was there…

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0160.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0161.jpg

We boarded our boat and made our way into the jungle.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0162.jpg

Unfortunately it was a little too sunny during our cruise and many of my photos turned into giant sunny blurs. Here are a few that I got.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0164.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0165.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0169.jpg

Where did we head next? Stay tuned! Thanks for reading!

sunny_stace
03-08-2012, 08:03 PM
Hey everyone. Sorry again for the lack of timely updates.:rolleyes:

Things have been busy and times have been a little tough this week. If I can ask you guys to keep some of my friends and family in your thoughts and prayers? I had my car breakdown, and dental surgery today...but there has been a lot of bad news happening to those close to me who could really use some good vibes. Two friends of mine lost jobs, my Dcousin found out that she will lose her leg due to a cancerous growth, and another friend of mine sadly suffered a miscarriage this week. :sad1: I'm just trying to stay upbeat to help them. So a little dose of Disney magic should help!

On with the update!:thumbsup2

After a lovely breakfast we were ready to spend some more time in the sunshine around the Magic Kingdom. It was around 10am by this time and it was already so hot we thought we might melt! We headed over the bridge and followed the jungle drums into Adventureland.pirate:

Looking to make a quick dash into some air conditioning, and be entertained, we made our way here:

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0150.jpg

The show was just about to start and we made our way straight into the enchantment! I was really excited to see the show back in it’s original form. Though I had no real issue with the “Under New Management” version, I do prefer the original! You know the old saying “if it ain’t broke…” and all that. ;) I turned my flash off and snapped a couple of pictures during the show.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0152.jpg

In the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room, in the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room, all the birds sing the words and flowers croon, in the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room! I get this song stuck in head very easily…I hope you all do too!:rolleyes1

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0153.jpg

After a great show with the birds and their friends, we went to visit Capt. Jack and his mates, and then realized we hadn’t been on the Jungle Cruise yet! That definitely had to be remedied so we went over and got in line.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0154.jpg

I spotted the Tiki Room again in the distance

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0155.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0158.jpg

I guess no one has been found since the last time I was there…:confused3

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0160.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0161.jpg

We boarded our boat and made our way into the jungle.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0162.jpg

Unfortunately it was a little too sunny during our cruise and many of my photos turned into giant sunny blurs. Here are a few that I got.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0164.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0165.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0169.jpg

Where did we head next? Stay tuned! Thanks for reading!

MeMom
03-09-2012, 04:40 AM
Sometimes the Tiki Room song just pops into my head for no reason. :laughing: I'm guessing that knocks me out of the 'average 54 year old woman' category. :upsidedow

So sorry to hear about all of the negative things happening around you recently. Life is so tough sometimes, but it is nice to have the support and encouragement to get through it from special friends and family. These bad/sad days will make us appreciate the good ones even more, and for me, they make me continue to look forward to a time when there will be no more sorrow and sadness. :)

sunny_stace
03-09-2012, 06:19 PM
Sometimes the Tiki Room song just pops into my head for no reason. :laughing: I'm guessing that knocks me out of the 'average 54 year old woman' category. :upsidedow

So sorry to hear about all of the negative things happening around you recently. Life is so tough sometimes, but it is nice to have the support and encouragement to get through it from special friends and family. These bad/sad days will make us appreciate the good ones even more, and for me, they make me continue to look forward to a time when there will be no more sorrow and sadness. :)

MeMom you are so much better than average!:goodvibes Thanks for the support:hug:

MEK
03-10-2012, 06:40 AM
Stace - those are excellent pictures! I love that picture of the Tiki room off in the distance. I so need to take more pictures of that area. Your are definitely giving me inspiration!

CanadianWDWfan
03-10-2012, 10:40 AM
:hug: my dear friend :hug:

I'm sorry to hear you have so much going on, I wish everyone the best in coping with their particular situations. :grouphug:

extra hug for the dental work :hug: and the car troubles :hug:

Loved your updates...great pics of the Tiki Room! Now I will be singing that song all day. :laughing:
Memom you are not alone...this 40yr old sings Disney songs out of the blue too. Neither of us are average. :rotfl:

I hope things look up for you soon. :flower3:

sunny_stace
03-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Stace - those are excellent pictures! I love that picture of the Tiki room off in the distance. I so need to take more pictures of that area. Your are definitely giving me inspiration!

Thank you!:goodvibes You've inspired me for photos too! It's funny how you will spot something and luck turns it into a nice photo!

:hug: my dear friend :hug:

I'm sorry to hear you have so much going on, I wish everyone the best in coping with their particular situations. :grouphug:

extra hug for the dental work :hug: and the car troubles :hug:

Loved your updates...great pics of the Tiki Room! Now I will be singing that song all day. :laughing:
Memom you are not alone...this 40yr old sings Disney songs out of the blue too. Neither of us are average. :rotfl:

I hope things look up for you soon. :flower3:

Thanks for the hugs Lana:hug: Having the weekend off and the weather be nice has helped a lot. (it's 16 degrees here right now and nice and sunny!) I spent the weekend hanging out with Lauren and other friends and talked to my family a lot and it really pulled me out of the funk I was in! Hopefully things will continue on an upswing this week as I have my annual review at work tomorrow and it's raise time!:woohoo:

And just for the record, I don't think any of you lovely dis friends are average! You're all wonderful fun people that I love chatting with!:goodvibes

sunny_stace
03-26-2012, 11:18 PM
Hello!

I don't know if anyone is still reading but I just wanted to explain the newest reason for such a long pause between updates.

So I don't know if most of you know, but for the past 3 years my aunt and cousin have been living with me in my home. My cousin Kyle (17) is like a brother/son to me and we have all always been very close. Anyway, my aunt has started seeing someone lately and her whole personality has changed. Long story short, tensions between mother and son have been building and things around the house haven't been great.:sad2:

Yesterday (March 25)I came home from work to find my cousin in tears because my aunt had informed him that she had just leased a one bedroom apartment for herself and this new guy and that Kyle would be moving in with his dad. Oh yeah, and it would be happening this weekend (March 31).

So things in the house are quite tense right now and half of the house is packed up and things are just crazy. Kyle is really upset and so I'm going to be spending a lot of extra time with him while he settles in to a new routine (he's the kind of kid who doesn't adapt well to change and he gets very anxious). I also have to rearrange my entire house!:scared1:

New furniture, pots and pans, towels, utensils, drapes and probably a million other things are all on my mind right now while we're dividing up what belongs to each of us. I've had almost everything I own in the basement and now will have to sort it out through the house. I also have to do some re-decorating since my aunt took it upon herself to take a lot of my stuff down and get rid of it!:eek: Obviously Disney will be a major player in my new look!

So that's what is going on with me right now! I hope everyone's spring is off to a good start. :goodvibes I'm definitely looking at it as a new beginning and hopefully a time of renewal to rebuild those family bonds. If you lovely Dis folks have any ideas or decor advice I would love to hear it!

Take care!:flower3:

MeMom
03-27-2012, 04:15 AM
Anyway, my aunt has started seeing someone lately and her whole personality has changed. Long story short, tensions between mother and son have been building and things around the house haven't been great.:sad2:

Yesterday (March 25)I came home from work to find my cousin in tears because my aunt had informed him that she had just leased a one bedroom apartment for herself and this new guy and that Kyle would be moving in with his dad. Oh yeah, and it would be happening this weekend (March 31).

Obviously Disney will be a major player in my new look!

If you lovely Dis folks have any ideas or decor advice I would love to hear it!

It makes my heart ache when adults change for another person and put the kids' needs on the back burner. My ex was always selfish, which was why he left, but when he got the new girlfriend, he took selfishness to a new level. The kids and I were barely getting by, and he bought a brand new sports truck, new wardrobe, went to Vegas, etc. :sad2: It was not fun to watch. I wish the best for Kyle as he goes through the transition ahead. Maybe moving in with his dad, the way his mom is right now, might be the best thing.

Putting little Disney touches in your house will be fun. We don't have 'slap it in your face' Disney, except in the girls' playroom, where there is a Mickey Mouse TV. ::MickeyMo

I do have Disney all over the house though in more subtle ways:

- an AKL bathroom, with an AKL print picture over the towel rack
- a Wilderness Lodge kitchen, using a WL throw as a wall hanging
- a Polynesian bedroom, complete with tiki god statue ;)

Have fun with your decorating. It will bring you some happiness in a chaotic time.

sunny_stace
03-29-2012, 06:15 PM
It makes my heart ache when adults change for another person and put the kids' needs on the back burner. My ex was always selfish, which was why he left, but when he got the new girlfriend, he took selfishness to a new level. The kids and I were barely getting by, and he bought a brand new sports truck, new wardrobe, went to Vegas, etc. :sad2: It was not fun to watch. I wish the best for Kyle as he goes through the transition ahead. Maybe moving in with his dad, the way his mom is right now, might be the best thing.

Putting little Disney touches in your house will be fun. We don't have 'slap it in your face' Disney, except in the girls' playroom, where there is a Mickey Mouse TV. ::MickeyMo

I do have Disney all over the house though in more subtle ways:

- an AKL bathroom, with an AKL print picture over the towel rack
- a Wilderness Lodge kitchen, using a WL throw as a wall hanging
- a Polynesian bedroom, complete with tiki god statue ;)

Have fun with your decorating. It will bring you some happiness in a chaotic time.

Thanks MeMom:hug: I'm sorry you and your kids had to go through that. I love my aunt very much, but it will take me a long time to forgive her for treating her kids with so much disrespect.

I knew you would have some awesome decorating ideas! So far all I have planned is to move some of my Disney art upstairs (it's all currently in the basement) and spread it out. My mum brought me an old framed photo of me and my daddy from when I was really young and I've already put that up. I'm just gonna play around with it and see what happens! This house definitely needs some colour too!

MEK
03-30-2012, 03:07 PM
Stace - I must have read this one day before work and then never posted. Feel so bad for Kyle. Sometimes adult parents just dont think before they act. Hope the situation is improving!:flower3:

Charleston Princess
03-31-2012, 08:49 AM
Big hugs, Stace!!! :hug:

sunny_stace
03-31-2012, 06:41 PM
Stace - I must have read this one day before work and then never posted. Feel so bad for Kyle. Sometimes adult parents just dont think before they act. Hope the situation is improving!:flower3:

Things are ok at this point. Not good, but ok. Everyone is speaking to each other now at least! :laughing:

Big hugs, Stace!!! :hug:

Thanks Jackie :hug: Oh! Did I tell you that Lauren and I had to cancel our trip to Charleston in June? :sad1: I'm afraid neither of us can afford to go right now but I'm sure we'll get there eventually!

So I am now sitting in my living room, in my house, alone.

I'm taking a break from moving things around and tweaking furniture placement and all that. Some things are still leaning against the walls and there are still piles of stuff on the counter and my dining room table but it's gonna be good when it's done! :goodvibes

My aunt and Kyle moved out this morning and things went pretty smoothly. Things have come together pretty well and despite all of the drama, I think this is a good move for everyone. I just wish it had happened differently and that the decision had been made with good consideration and love.

Anyhow, I took some photos so I will try to get them up on posted so you can all see my bachelorette pad!:thumbsup2

Hope you're all having a good weekend!

Charleston Princess
04-02-2012, 06:57 AM
Sorry to hear you had to cancel your trip, but hopefully you will be able to make it to Charleston sometime in the future. :goodvibes

sunny_stace
04-15-2012, 06:44 PM
Hey everyone! Update time has finally come!

I don't know if anyone is still interested, but I am determined to finish this TR eventually! Anyhow, before I get to a WDW trip update I thought I would do another quick OT life update. Things have been busy but going very well in my bachelorette pad! I got a nice raise at work and my family have been spending some nice time together and are working through our tensions. Also my DCousin Meghan is going away to Sioux Lookout, ON for the summer to work (her mother has family there). So, to wish her good luck and have some fun, I decided to have a little going away party for her. Nothing big, just some of our nearby family and a couple of friends. It was nice for us to all forget our drama and have some good ol' fun together. Here are some pictures.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/Meghans%20Going%20Away%20Party%20April%20142012/2011_0102meghannicole0227.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/Meghans%20Going%20Away%20Party%20April%20142012/2011_0102meghannicole0283.jpg

Here is Meghan, her mum Dar, and my mum Judi (L-R)

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/Meghans%20Going%20Away%20Party%20April%20142012/2011_0102meghannicole0251.jpg

And Meghan and her brother Kyle

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/Meghans%20Going%20Away%20Party%20April%20142012/2012_0326wdwandfamily201120121380.jpg

Meghan and I of course got crying...she and I are like sisters and I am going to miss her like crazy over the next 5 months. This was us telling each other how much we love each other!:rotfl: We got so sappy!

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/Meghans%20Going%20Away%20Party%20April%20142012/2011_0102meghannicole0284.jpg

It was a fun evening!

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/Meghans%20Going%20Away%20Party%20April%20142012/2012_0326wdwandfamily201120121374.jpg

WDW update next!:thumbsup2

sunny_stace
04-15-2012, 06:48 PM
So when I last left off Lauren and I had just come back from a jungle cruise and were ready for some more Magic Kingdom attractions! First we went to Pirates of The Caribbean!

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0171.jpg

From there we headed into Frontierland. We quickly walked past Splash Mountain (I wasn’t taking any chances!) and headed for Big Thunder Mountain. The line was moving quickly, until they had to stop all of the mine trains as someone’s hat had fallen off and on to the tracks. I spent the time taking photos!:)

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0176.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0173.jpg

Soon enough we were taking off on the wildest ride in the wilderness!

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0174.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0177.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0175.jpg

We were getting ready to leave the park but decided we would walk to through to Fantasyland first.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0180.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0181.jpg

There was no line, so we stopped to go on It’s A Small World!

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0185.jpg

And since we had yet to do it on this trip, we went to Mickey’s Philharmagic! We walked in just as another show had begun so we had some time to kill. I don’t remember what it was exactly but something had sent us into a crazy laughing fit and somehow I got this picture out of it!:lmao:

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sunny_stace/WDW%20September%2023%20%20October%202%202011/2011_1002meggggerrr0191.jpg

That was all the Magic Kingdom we had planned for that day and we were off on more adventures! Find out soon where we went and what we did! Thanks for reading!

CanadianWDWfan
04-22-2012, 09:28 AM
Hi friend, I hope all is well with you!

Sorry that you have had some family drama to deal with lately. :hug:
I hope it will work out for everyone.

You just keep your spirits up and enjoy your bachelorette pad!
Sounds like you will be having fun getting it all set up and decorating with maybe some Disney touches here and there.

I never had my own place. I went from my parents home to my married home. That was a challenge sometimes picking out stuff we both liked.
All of our house ended up being furnished in black with colors added in here and there.
Now DMom and I kinda have a mix of our two tastes going on. It works for us and we are happy with it. :)

This summer (I hope) to re due my bathroom and do a beach theme. I have all the stuff just have to carve out a weekend to do it.

I can't believe your DCousin is going to Sioux Lookout! What a small world!
My DMom was born there and it's so small that no one has any clue where it is.
I just told her and she thought it was pretty neat.
She often tells me stories of the little war time house that they lived in. That was such a different time.
My grandparents moved from there to Ear Falls in 1953 where my gramma still is to this day.

Fun to see the party pics.

Philarmagic is my all time FAVORITE!!!

Take Care :flower1:

MeMom
04-22-2012, 12:24 PM
I know you will miss your cousin. I hope it will be a great experience for her. :thumbsup2

I told Jill a few days ago that we need to take the girls on the Liberty Belle this summer. There will be several things Jill can't ride this time, so we should have plenty of time to do that.

Big Thunder is one of my favorite rides, and it is my favorite coaster. It's exciting enough, yet tame enough - no matter how wild they claim it to be. ;)

sunny_stace
04-24-2012, 06:16 PM
Hi friend, I hope all is well with you!

Sorry that you have had some family drama to deal with lately. :hug:
I hope it will work out for everyone.

You just keep your spirits up and enjoy your bachelorette pad!
Sounds like you will be having fun getting it all set up and decorating with maybe some Disney touches here and there.

I never had my own place. I went from my parents home to my married home. That was a challenge sometimes picking out stuff we both liked.
All of our house ended up being furnished in black with colors added in here and there.
Now DMom and I kinda have a mix of our two tastes going on. It works for us and we are happy with it. :)

This summer (I hope) to re due my bathroom and do a beach theme. I have all the stuff just have to carve out a weekend to do it.

I can't believe your DCousin is going to Sioux Lookout! What a small world!
My DMom was born there and it's so small that no one has any clue where it is.
I just told her and she thought it was pretty neat.
She often tells me stories of the little war time house that they lived in. That was such a different time.
My grandparents moved from there to Ear Falls in 1953 where my gramma still is to this day.

Fun to see the party pics.

Philarmagic is my all time FAVORITE!!!

Take Care :flower1:

Thanks Lana. It will definitely be weird not having Meghan around. She and I are so close, we're more like sisters and it's gonna be tough not seeing her for 5 months.:sad1: I'm glad someone else knows where Sioux Lookout is! No one here knows it either!:rotfl: I have certainly enjoyed re-doing the house! There are lots of Disney touches! I put my Alice In Wonderland china up in the kitchen and tonight I'm putting up some pictures of France at WS in my bedroom! Once I get finished I will take pictures and show you!

I know you will miss your cousin. I hope it will be a great experience for her. :thumbsup2

I told Jill a few days ago that we need to take the girls on the Liberty Belle this summer. There will be several things Jill can't ride this time, so we should have plenty of time to do that.

Big Thunder is one of my favorite rides, and it is my favorite coaster. It's exciting enough, yet tame enough - no matter how wild they claim it to be. ;)

I'm afraid I still didnt take a ride on the Liberty Belle on the last trip even though I had put it on my to-do list. I headed over there one day but it started to rain so I changed my plans and went to HM instead! Maybe we could make a plan to all ride it together in October too!:goodvibes I'm sure Jill will still have a great time in the summer, even without some of the rides!