PDA

View Full Version : Palo on the last night question

sara mom
11-07-2011, 04:59 PM
For our upcoming Magic cruise, I was able to find an open time for Palo on the last night at 8:30. But now as my husband and I are taking, we remember reading that there was a graduation/friendship rocks program possibly the last night (kids are 5 and 7). Can anyone tell me what time that might of been on their Magic 7 day cruise? Should I cancel the reservation? I don't want to go to Palo on the 1st 3 nights so we can enjoy those restaurants/shows, or on Pirate night. I know there might be a possibility of getting a reservation for another night if I wait till we board and check then.

Thanks in advance for your input!

kcashner
11-07-2011, 05:12 PM
The Friendship Rocks program takes about 15 minutes and is on the last afternoon (like 4:00), not evening.

You will not have the restaurant shows on the first 3 nights of the cruise. You will have them on the night that each restaurant serves it's signature menu. The last night will be the "Till We Meet Again" menu.

You can see the various theme schedule for both Eastern and Western cruises in the stickys above--if you are on a special cruise, you can get the schedule from DCL or your TA. You will have 3 signature menu nights, formal, semi-formal, pirate, and Till We Meet Again.

Your 8:30 Palo will definitely not interfere with Friendship Rocks. You can easily make Palo and stop by your regular restaurant on the way to drop off tips for your servers. If you prefer a different Palo night, you should be able to change your reservation after boarding--just let them know what night you prefer.

Mulan2
11-07-2011, 05:13 PM
We were on the Dream in August and they don't have the graduation/Friendship rocks anymore. I don't know about the Magic though.
Also with packing and making sure all of your luggage is out on time, you might want to reconsider another night. Palo Brunch is my favorite so don't miss that!
Just from my experience.

KristiMc
11-07-2011, 08:04 PM
On our Magic cruise in March Friendship Rock was on Thursday not Friday before the first dinner seating.