PDA

View Full Version : Christmas trip help with hotels

bkgilliam
11-06-2011, 09:36 PM
Ok so I booked the buena vista palace for 12/18 -12/26 for about $960 plus kids eats free (there are 5 of us and baby) with a $200 room credit. I have been reading reviews and now I am a little apprehensive about staying there.
I can get the holiday inn where kids eat free for $1320
the Buena Vista Suites for about $1100
Caribe $1100
COurtyard $1275 with breakfast for 4 (1026 no breakfast)
best western $1050
doubletree $1125
Regal sun / wyndham $1201 kids free breakfast
Royal Plaza $1050
hilton $1200

I am a person who is very particular about a hotel. I once stayed at the econo lodge in kissimee and it was horid, toothpaste on the wall and dirty dirty. when I asked for a new room the manager hit on me. needless to say we left and went to the holiday inn next door. Anyway, I am sure like anyone I like a nice clean hotel. I just have not been for years and taking for kids i wanna be able to get a good nice clean hotel for a decent price. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I just dunno if I should keep the BVP or change to something else. The deal was hard to pass up but the reviews. Some are great and others are horrid. Thanks for all help. :cool1:

sweet maxine
11-07-2011, 09:28 AM
We have stayed at the Buena Vista Palace several years ago. It was a nice place then, though I think it has been refurbed since that time.

Are you taking into consideration any resort fees and/or parking fees in your calculations? Travelzoo frequently runs specials for several of the hotels you have listed, so that might be worth checking on if you would like. Proximity to DTD is nice if that's what is important to you.

As a comparison, the Hampton Inn Lake Buena Vista is ~$877 for that same time period. The rate includes breakfast (with Mickey waffles), a fridge/microwave/coffeemaker in each room (just called to verify this). This hotel is rated highly on Tripadvisor, though I'm aware you have to take some of the reviews with a grain of salt. I tend to value reviews from those who have reviewed many properties over those who have posted only one review. JMHO.