PDA

View Full Version : All-New Disdads T-shirt thread

AJRitz
11-06-2011, 04:40 PM
As I mentioned in the current mother-thread, now that we've chosen a new Disdads logo, I'm working on getting new T-shirts printed as soon as possible.

As I explained, I'm planning on getting this first batch of shirts screen-printed, which helps keep our per-shirt cost down, and (because it's a service that is included with the preparation of the printing screen) it gets us the services of a graphic artist for free to "clean up" the logo image (which we can then use on other Dis Dads Schwag).

The only real downside to this option is that I need to place an order for a minimum of 25 shirts, and pay for them upfront. I'm OK with fronting this cost, but I want to make sure that people buy what I order. I know that I could collect orders first, but doing that might preclude me from getting the printing done in time for the holiday season (and people's upcoming Disney trips).

So, please post here if you're interested in a new Dis Dads t-shirt and (this is important) what size you'd like.

The plan for the design is to print red t-shirts (so that we can use two colors when printing the logo, instead of three). A large, circular, logo would appear on the front, and the text of a MANLAW would appear on the back (see poll at Disdads.com, choosing which MANLAW to print).

scott2997
11-06-2011, 05:13 PM
I'll take an XL Aaron!

theduck619
11-06-2011, 05:20 PM
Aaron, do we have an idea how the shirts run in size? Sometimes an XL is closer to a L.

AJRitz
11-06-2011, 05:37 PM
Aaron, do we have an idea how the shirts run in size? Sometimes an XL is closer to a L.

I sent an inquiry to my contact, should hear back tomorrow. I would work on the assumption until we hear differently that they run a bit small, as that seems to be the default these days.

GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
11-06-2011, 05:59 PM
Count me in. 1 XL please (better too big then too small)

twokids0204
11-06-2011, 06:56 PM
Count me in. 1 XL please (better too big then too small)

I'll take an XXL - ummmm... same reason... yeah, that's it.

Please let me know how much before ordering, as it is being sent to
http://www.pch.gc.ca/pgm/ceem-cced/images/canada_flag.gif

theduck619
11-06-2011, 07:04 PM

It's from all of those ADR's in Canada :lmao:

AJRitz
11-06-2011, 07:08 PM

Looks like I can ship to Canada for an extra $6.
Prices for this first run are a bit higher than I would prefer, but the per-shirt cost doesn't drop until we order 60.

twokids0204
11-06-2011, 07:10 PM
It's from all of those ADR's in Canada :lmao:

Amen...

Looks like I can ship to Canada for an extra $6.
Prices for this first run are a bit higher than I would prefer, but the per-shirt cost doesn't drop until we order 60.

OK, count me in. :thumbsup2

Only 60 - there are almost 700 of us... we can do it. ;)

twokids0204
11-06-2011, 07:14 PM
I like the idea of

"Off topic since... " on the back

or something like....

"Join us at DISDads.com to find out the REAL meaning of Peanut Butter and Beverly"

twokids0204
11-06-2011, 07:17 PM
And just a thought - what if we went with a BLACK shirt...

Still have to do only 1 stencil for the screen print - but it would be for the RED colour.

I am just thinking of the washing of it - and trying to explain to my wife why all the clothes turned pink, and then the red fades into a manly DISdad's pink...

AJRitz
11-06-2011, 07:27 PM
And just a thought - what if we went with a BLACK shirt...

Still have to do only 1 stencil for the screen print - but it would be for the RED colour.

I am just thinking of the washing of it - and trying to explain to my wife why all the clothes turned pink, and then the red fades into a manly DISdad's pink...

I considered a black shirt, and it's a possibility. My experience, though, is that printing the yellow and red right next to each other could be problematic. If the screens aren't aligned perfectly we'd end up with an orange "halo" around the letters. So I've been planning a red shirt with black and yellow printing.

Don't worry, once we have this first set done, we'll have a professional-quality graphic that we can put on all kinds of shirts, mugs, bags, etc.

BigTex71
11-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Put me down for a 2X (XXL)

10dedfish
11-07-2011, 06:25 AM
I'll take an XL!:cool1:

Matt

Captain_Oblivious
11-07-2011, 08:50 AM
I'm definitely interested. Normally I'd wear a Large, unless their sizes run small for some reason.

AJRitz
11-08-2011, 11:00 AM
I'm exploring one last issue/idea with the vendor, and I still hope to get an order submitted today. At ths point, I'm planning to place an initial order for 30 shirts, with the following size distribution:
5 L; 12 XL; 8 XXL; 5 XXXL

If know that at least three of the XXXL shirts are already spoken for, and I'm following up with the vendor on the request for an XLT. Once the shirts are ready for order, orders will be fulfilled on a first-come, first-served basis. I will try to keep an updated tally of how many shirts of each size are still available on the Shirt Order page of the disdads.com site.

AJRitz
11-08-2011, 12:03 PM
OK - a last-minute stroke of inspiration this morning, one last round of Emails with the vendor, and I've sent the art to them for professional clean up and an initial order for 30 shirts.

I made an executive decision and altered the design somewhat.

On the front of the shirt, in the left-breast-pocket location, will be the banner that is currently at the top of the website (with the DISDads.com text on it). The logo image, in a circle with just the DISDads text on it, will be a large graphic on the back of the shirt.

I'll still have MANLAW shirts available for order eventually, but those will come from Zazzle and we'll do those after the graphcs are professional "improved."

I hope you like the new plan. You can go ahead and begin placing orders at http://disdads.com/dis-dads-shirt-order-form/t-shirt-orders

You do have to pay at the time you place your order. Orders will be processed in the order they're received. If I run out of your size before I get to you, you will be offered the choice of a refund or holding for the next run of shirts.

I'll add images of the shirt design as soon as I get proofs back from the vendor.

BigTex71
11-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Sounds like a good plan!

AJRitz
11-08-2011, 12:37 PM
Oh - and to answer a question that someone asked somewhere (can't find the question itself or remember whether it was asked somewhere here on the boards, in Email, or on the disdads.com site) I did ask about the availability of XLT shirts. The vendor checked with three different suppliers, and none of them had XLT t-shirts available. Sorry.

DisneyDadC
11-11-2011, 07:14 AM
Oh - and to answer a question that someone asked somewhere (can't find the question itself or remember whether it was asked somewhere here on the boards, in Email, or on the disdads.com site) I did ask about the availability of XLT shirts. The vendor checked with three different suppliers, and none of them had XLT t-shirts available. Sorry.

do they have any 2x talls?

AJRitz
11-11-2011, 01:48 PM
do they have any 2x talls?

Carl - as I said, our vendor doesn't have a supplier for XLTs. I do have 2X and 3X shirts available. If you specifically need a tall, send me an Email at my screen name @disdads.com and I'll see what we can do for you.

twokids0204
11-12-2011, 10:02 AM
Aaron - it does not ask me where to ship it to....until payment screen but it does not adjust my price for shipping to Canada.

Is this correct - should I proceed and pay?

scott2997
11-12-2011, 10:23 AM
Aaron - it does not ask me where to ship it to....until payment screen but it does not adjust my price for shipping to Canada.

You should be good Brian - I believe he said he would send you a $6 invoice after the order is placed for the Canada shipping premium.

AJRitz
11-12-2011, 10:23 AM

For Canadian orders, just go ahead and place a regular order. When I see the Canadian shipping address, I'll send a payment request for the additional $6 it costs to ship to Canada.

RodBelding
11-14-2011, 12:42 AM
Put my order in for the bacon-scented t-shirt yesterday. Can't wait! ;)

theduck619
11-14-2011, 04:17 AM
Aaron, are the other items listed on the site available to order as well?

AJRitz
11-15-2011, 11:37 AM
Aaron, are the other items listed on the site available to order as well?

Yes. All of the items listed in the DISDads Schwag Shop (http://disdads.com/dis-dads-shirt-order-form) can be ordered, including mugs, stickers, buttons, bumper stickers, key chains, etc. Those items are printed and delivered by Zazzle.com.

The t-shirts are being screen printed locally (one big benefit of this was the included services of a professional graphic designer to clean-up our logo and banner images). I got an Email this morning telling me that the screens for the t-shirts were ready, and they should get printed at some point today. That means I should be filling orders over the weekend and I'll start mailing shirts out by the beginning of next week (barring any surprises). There are still 21 shirts left in this first print run available for order (http://disdads.com/dis-dads-shirt-order-form/t-shirt-orders).

RodBelding
11-25-2011, 01:41 AM
Hey guys, first run shirts are still available and ready for your enjoyment!

Let's make sure we all get our shirt and share in letting everyone know how proud we are to be a DisDad!!!

TekMickey
11-25-2011, 11:20 PM
Ordered one today. :cool1:

AJRitz
11-27-2011, 11:24 PM
The first 9 t-shirts (all orders received so far) are packed up and ready to be shipped out tomorrow. :)

Cinderella's Fella
11-28-2011, 07:04 AM
The first 9 t-shirts (all orders received so far) are packed up and ready to be shipped out tomorrow. :)

Aaron. any 3xl left?

AJRitz
11-28-2011, 08:57 AM
Aaron. any 3xl left?

Yep. There are 5 3XL shirts still available.

Cinderella's Fella
11-28-2011, 09:13 AM
Yep. There are 5 3XL shirts still available.

Thanks Aaron, it's on it's way to me. Early Holiday present for me! :cool1:

DisDr.
12-01-2011, 12:16 AM
Mine arrived today. Nice job Aaron, thanks!:santa:

AJRitz
12-01-2011, 12:34 AM
Mine arrived today. Nice job Aaron, thanks!:santa:

You're welcome. I'm mailing the next batch out on Friday morning, so get your orders in!

If you're going to be in WDW while I'm there December 7-11, I'll even personally hand-deliver your t-shirt!

Captain_Oblivious
12-01-2011, 08:39 AM
You're welcome. I'm mailing the next batch out on Friday morning, so get your orders in!

If you're going to be in WDW while I'm there December 7-11, I'll even personally hand-deliver your t-shirt!

Still looking to get mine...just waiting for my credit card statement to roll over!

TekMickey
12-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Picked mine up from the Apt. office. Looks even better in person.

Thanks again Aaron. :thumbsup2

AJRitz
12-04-2011, 10:32 PM
Just a heads up guys - I leave for WDW very early Wednesday morning. If you want a shirt shipped out to you before December 13, you need to get your order in before I head to bed tomorrow night.

If you're going to be in WDW during the time that I'm there, Dec. 7 - 11, I'm happy to deliver personally - just let me know that's what you want via PM or Email.

AJRitz
12-13-2011, 04:35 PM
There are still DISDads t-shirts available to order. As of right now I have:
5 L; 6 XL; 3 XXL; 3 XXXL

Place orders in the next week or so, and they should still arrive in time for Christmas!

The Disney Fanatic
04-24-2012, 12:19 AM
Is it possible to get a 4x long t-hsirt?

AJRitz
06-06-2012, 12:51 AM
Is it possible to get a 4x long t-hsirt?

Sorry, just saw this.
We tried, but the largest my vendor could find a supplier for was 3X, and she couldn't find a vendor for long/tall shirts. She did say that she could print bigger shirts if we can provide the shirts. But at this point, it would have to wait until the next press run.

Tinkerpeas hubby
06-12-2012, 07:49 AM
Sounds like a good idea...

How much?
What sizes are there?
Colours?

TekMickey
06-26-2012, 10:03 PM
Going a little off the page, but same topic. Aaron, Have you thought about Official DDC-2013 t-shirts for the inaugural? :goodvibes

AJRitz
06-28-2012, 01:26 AM
Going a little off the page, but same topic. Aaron, Have you thought about Official DDC-2013 t-shirts for the inaugural? :goodvibes

Yep. We've already got something in the works. They'll be made available first to convention attendees exclusively, then we'll open it up to the rest of the group. :cool2:

disney67
08-12-2012, 12:01 AM
Aaron ,
since your vendor does not have the bigger sizes would he be able to except a bigger shirt and do the printing ? just a curious question ?
thank you for your help

AJRitz
08-12-2012, 01:49 PM
Aaron ,
since your vendor does not have the bigger sizes would he be able to except a bigger shirt and do the printing ? just a curious question ?
thank you for your help

I've talked to the vendor, and they would be willing to include shirts provided by us in a future print run. I'm not sure when I'm going to do another print run - I still have a few shirts left from the first run.

We have special convention shirts in the works, but I may go ahead and do another run of the existing DISDads shirts for the convention too, so people can order them for their families to wear at the convention. I may even look into kids' sizes, but given the size of the logo on the back, that may not be possible.

disney67
08-12-2012, 09:48 PM
I've talked to the vendor, and they would be willing to include shirts provided by us in a future print run. I'm not sure when I'm going to do another print run - I still have a few shirts left from the first run.

We have special convention shirts in the works, but I may go ahead and do another run of the existing DISDads shirts for the convention too, so people can order them for their families to wear at the convention. I may even look into kids' sizes, but given the size of the logo on the back, that may not be possible.this sounds awesome aaron just please keep me updated when you order Please . Thank You

mm1971
08-13-2012, 12:41 PM
Hi Aaron,

Been on the boards a while, just starting to post. I would love one of these shirts. Usually wear a 2X, but could probably make the 3X work. Please let me know and I can paypal the $$ and info. Thanks also for your efforts in doing this.:thumbsup2

AJRitz
08-13-2012, 02:44 PM
The T-shirt order form is here - http://disdads.com/dis-dads-shirt-order-form/t-shirt-orders

I'm down to 1 XXL and 2 XXXL still in stock.

mm1971
08-14-2012, 09:59 AM
The T-shirt order form is here - http://disdads.com/dis-dads-shirt-order-form/t-shirt-orders

I'm down to 1 XXL and 2 XXXL still in stock.

payment sent. Thanks again. The DW will look like this :eek::sad2: when she first sees it.

jmwest
08-15-2012, 10:50 AM

We have special convention shirts in the works, but I may go ahead and do another run of the existing DISDads shirts for the convention too, so people can order them for their families to wear at the convention. I may even look into kids' sizes, but given the size of the logo on the back, that may not be possible.

Will they possibly be of the tech/sport/dri-fit type?;)

Jousey
08-22-2012, 11:31 AM

That would be nice :thumbsup2, maybe a nice baseball hat. But a tech shirt or UA Polo, yes a must for any Disney trip I take.

AJRitz
08-22-2012, 04:23 PM
The shirts for the Convention will not be dri-fit. We did look into it. But (and I hope I'm not giving away too much with this) the logo application that we're using doesn't work well with dri-fit shirts.

It's almost time for a new run of the screen printed shirts. I will inquire about cost for doing dri-fit t-shirts for the screen printed shirts this time around. (And I'll need to get a strong indication that there's interest in ordering more screen-printed shirts, because the upfront cost to get them printed is fairly substantial).

AJRitz
08-22-2012, 04:24 PM
That would be nice :thumbsup2, maybe a nice baseball hat. But a tech shirt or UA Polo, yes a must for any Disney trip I take.

Hats may become available after January. We're looking into them.

Jousey
08-22-2012, 05:03 PM
Hats may become available after January. We're looking into them.

Alright! I look forward to seeing them, and I am in for a shirt I was going to order on line.

Cinderella's Fella
08-22-2012, 05:42 PM
The shirts for the Convention will not be dri-fit. We did look into it. But (and I hope I'm not giving away too much with this) the logo application that we're using doesn't work well with dri-fit shirts.

It's almost time for a new run of the screen printed shirts. I will inquire about cost for doing dri-fit t-shirts for the screen printed shirts this time around. (And I'll need to get a strong indication that there's interest in ordering more screen-printed shirts, because the upfront cost to get them printed is fairly substantial).

Will these Convention shirts be available before or at the Convention?

jmwest
08-23-2012, 11:36 AM

I didn't get one in the first run of t-shirts. I have about 30 t-shirts clogging up my drawer. I'd definitely buy one if it came in dri-fit, they come in handy for running and exercise.

And of course I'll buy one of the convention shirts too.

AJRitz
08-30-2012, 11:48 AM
Will these Convention shirts be available before or at the Convention?

I didn't get one in the first run of t-shirts. I have about 30 t-shirts clogging up my drawer. I'd definitely buy one if it came in dri-fit, they come in handy for running and exercise.

And of course I'll buy one of the convention shirts too.

My remaining stock of cotton t-shirts is:
1 L; XL SOLD OUT; XXL SOLD OUT; XXXL SOLD OUT

I now know that there's not really much need to order size L t-shirts for this group. We're more . . . 3-D than that. :3dglasses

The convention shirts will initially be available only at the convention and only to registered convention participants (more on this coming over at the other site soon).

I do now have a quote from our vendor on dri-fit t-shirts for the next run of our current logoed shirts. The design on the dri-fits is the same as the design for the t-shirts, because it helps keep the cost manageable. We're ordering small runs, so the cost per shirt is fairly high. Dri-fits cost more than cotton shirts, but re-using the design means saving on the screen set-up fee. Sooooooooo - sometime in the next couple of months I plan on ordering dri-fit t-shirts to be printed. Based on the quote I have, by re-using the screens I can keep the cost at or below $30/shirt including shipping.

If you're interested in buying one of the 100% cotton t-shirts (http://disdads.com/dis-dads-shirt-order-form/t-shirt-orders), as of today they have been re-priced for inventory closeout. They are now $10/shirt, regardless of size. Quantities are limited and it's first-come, first-served. If the size you want is out of stock when you order, you will receive a refund.

If you're interested in a new dri-fit shirt, please post here how many and what size you would be interested in buying.

Jousey
08-30-2012, 01:44 PM
I would take 1 XL Dri-fit shirt.

Cinderella's Fella
08-30-2012, 01:46 PM
Aaron, thanks for the update. I was here and just had a thought, how about a button for the family members of the Dads who attend the DDCC? Maybe something like "My DISDad went to the 1st DDCC and all I got was this button!"

AJRitz
08-30-2012, 04:06 PM
Aaron, thanks for the update. I was here and just had a thought, how about a button for the family members of the Dads who attend the DDCC? Maybe something like "My DISDad went to the 1st DDCC and all I got was this button!"

I was thinking about that. I agree, we need a button for DDC family members. I'll work on something this weekend.

AJRitz
10-11-2012, 02:32 PM
I'm down to one, lonely, size L shirt in the 100% cotton shirt run.

Cinderella's Fella
10-11-2012, 03:27 PM
I'm down to one, lonely, size L shirt in the 100% cotton shirt run.

Not any more, you don't!

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g447/rnaspapa/tumblr_ly47ujHqdA1r9x5lno1_500.gif