PDA

View Full Version : Do restaurants close for special events?

WifeofZeusse
11-05-2011, 08:32 AM
Yesterday was my 180 day mark and I tried booking Raglan Road for May 2, 2012 for 6:00 pm and no avaliablity. :confused3 I can only book something up to 2:30 pm. I called Disney Dining and she was unable to find anything either and told me they hadn't loaded the times into the system yet and to try in another week. :scared1: Well the patient person I am waited a day and tried again and same thing. I can get the day after for dinner but nothing for May 2nd. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Could the restaurant be closed for a special event?

tobikaye
11-05-2011, 09:08 AM
It is possible. Raglan Road is not a WDW owned restaurant. Try calling Raglan Road directly (407-938-0300). I did not see anything on their web site for that day. Raglan Road Website. (http://www.raglanroad.com/)

LilyWDW
11-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Yesterday was my 180 day mark and I tried booking Raglan Road for May 2, 2012 for 6:00 pm and no avaliablity. :confused3 I can only book something up to 2:30 pm. I called Disney Dining and she was unable to find anything either and told me they hadn't loaded the times into the system yet and to try in another week. :scared1: Well the patient person I am waited a day and tried again and same thing. I can get the day after for dinner but nothing for May 2nd. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Could the restaurant be closed for a special event?

Something must be going on because they don't even have reservations open on Open Table (which is how you make reservations from the Raglan Road website). Sadly, I have already deleted my November news letter so I can't even look at it to see if anything is noted.

plutolovr
11-05-2011, 06:12 PM
Yes, restaurants can be booked for a special event. We were in Disney a few years ago and it was reported that CRT was closed for breakfast that morning because someone had bought out the restaurant for his DD's 1st birthday party, $$$$$. She won't be spoiled at all. :wizard:;)