PDA

View Full Version : Marriott Royal Palms in Lake Buena

tstern
11-03-2011, 08:38 PM
Good day!
We are taking our daugher ( 5 yr old) to WDW for the first time. We are staying at the Marriott Royal Palms in Lake Buena Vista. Has anyone stayed there and what is the best transporation to from WDW ?

chalee94
11-04-2011, 08:19 AM
if you are not staying onsite at wdw, it's best to have your own car.

i don't believe the hotel or timeshares at the marriott world center offer shuttle service to the parks at this time. the location is excellent, though.

Detailor
11-04-2011, 08:23 AM
I'd suggest a rental car as the best transportation option from the Marriott World Center property (hotel/convention center and the three timeshare resorts) - I believe that they have a Hertz rental desk at the hotel. Otherwise I guess you'd have to take a taxi or use the shuttle bus from the hotel (there's a fee and I believe a somewhat limited schedule and I wouldn't be surprised if the shuttle were shared with other hotels).

We've not stayed at Royal Palms but have been at the Sabal Palms sister resort. I wouldn't stay there without a rental car, particularly because those properties are fairly isolated from restaurants and shops that are in the general area.

Dick Taylor

jeff968
11-07-2011, 12:16 PM
Royal Palms does not have its own pool. If you want pool access (without going up to the World by shuttle) you should request a unit towards the center of the resort. There is a shared pool (with Imperial palms) there. IP also has its own pool.