PDA

View Full Version : Questions about ADR's 180 + 10

Mom2OakandEm
11-03-2011, 02:55 PM
So I know you can call to make ADR's when you are 180 days out from your arrival date and I know that you can make them for up to 10 days out.

So my questions is we arrive on a Friday, late so we don't have any dining planned until Saturday. Can I still call at 180 days or since my actual dining reservation doesn't starts until 181 days do I have to wait the extra day.

Probably a silly questions, but I am a total over planner :laughing:

mcd2745
11-03-2011, 02:59 PM
So I know you can call to make ADR's when you are 180 days out from your arrival date and I know that you can make them for up to 10 days out.

So my questions is we arrive on a Friday, late so we don't have any dining planned until Saturday. Can I still call at 180 days or since my actual dining reservation doesn't starts until 181 days do I have to wait the extra day.

Probably a silly questions, but I am a total over planner :laughing:

As long as you have a resort reservation #, you can make your ADRs 180 days from the date you check-in to your resort. So you don't have to wait the extra day.

Soarin' Mama
11-04-2011, 12:07 PM
There seems to be so much conflicting information out there and I'm really confused!

I have the 2011 Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World and it says:

"Guests staying at Walt Disney World resorts--these do not include the Swan, the Dolphin, Shades of Green, or the hotels of the Downtown Disney Resort Area--can make Advance reservations up to 10 additional days ahead, effectively giving them a maximum window of 190 days."

Is this not correct?

mcd2745
11-04-2011, 12:29 PM
There seems to be so much conflicting information out there and I'm really confused!

I have the 2011 Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World and it says:

"Guests staying at Walt Disney World resorts--these do not include the Swan, the Dolphin, Shades of Green, or the hotels of the Downtown Disney Resort Area--can make Advance reservations up to 10 additional days ahead, effectively giving them a maximum window of 190 days."

Is this not correct?

If you were checking into a WDW resort exactly 180 days from today and staying 10 days...you would be able to make ADRs starting this morning and could make ADRs for your entire stay this morning since you have a WDW resort reservation number.

If you were checking into an off-site hotel exactly 180 dasy from now and were staying 10 days, but wanted to eat at WDW restaurants every day...you would be able to make your check-in date ADRs only today. You'd have make the next day's ADRs tomorrow morning and so on for the next 9 days.

Does that make sense?

OhThePain
11-04-2011, 12:41 PM
OP, is your first night seperate from the rest of your trip? DDP is based on the number of nights you are staying, so even if you don't plan on eating Friday, you still get credits for staying there Friday night and would be able to start making ADRs at 180 days from that Friday. If they are seperate reservations and your Friday night stay is just a room-only reservation for 1 night, you might have to wait until 180 days from that Saturday to start making ADRs.

Soarin' Mama
11-04-2011, 01:01 PM
If you were checking into a WDW resort exactly 180 days from today and staying 10 days...you would be able to make ADRs starting this morning and could make ADRs for your entire stay this morning since you have a WDW resort reservation number.

If you were checking into an off-site hotel exactly 180 dasy from now and were staying 10 days, but wanted to eat at WDW restaurants every day...you would be able to make your check-in date ADRs only today. You'd have make the next day's ADRs tomorrow morning and so on for the next 9 days.

Does that make sense?

Yes, thank you. I wish they would come up with a policy that is easier to read and interpret.

Mom2OakandEm
11-04-2011, 04:15 PM
OP, is your first night seperate from the rest of your trip? DDP is based on the number of nights you are staying, so even if you don't plan on eating Friday, you still get credits for staying there Friday night and would be able to start making ADRs at 180 days from that Friday. If they are seperate reservations and your Friday night stay is just a room-only reservation for 1 night, you might have to wait until 180 days from that Saturday to start making ADRs.

Yes my reservation is all together under one plan. We will get the credits for that day (Friday), but use them on the day we check out instead since we will be taking a later flight.

Mom2OakandEm
11-04-2011, 04:16 PM
to everyone for your response. Yeah I don't have to wait the extra day. That just made my whole day :thumbsup2