PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question re: Cash Discount vs. AP discount

disneyfan2kids
11-01-2011, 05:06 PM
I just added one night onto my VWL December reservation. We are in a 1br for the week... BUT there wasn't any 1br's left so they offered me a Studio for the 1st night at a cash rate (total) of $307 (a bit pricey for a "discount" but oh well.)

Anyhoo... it just struck me that maybe I could get a better AP rate so when I checked... I can get a regular Lodge room for $217 total. It seems like it's a no brainer...if I can save $90 why not switch to the lodge right?

Am I forgetting anything that the Villas would offer me (short of a shorter walk to my 1br the next morning.)

What are the cancellation policies for both? (I have a waitlist that expires 7 days prior...not hopeful it'll come through BUT if it does... I'd cancel my cash room.)

mousefan1972
11-01-2011, 05:26 PM
I just did the same thing... booked an AP rate at POR in case our waitlist didn't come through for an extra night in December (it did, the next day), and the policy for cancels for a room only reservation is 5 nights before check in for a full refund. So you'll be fine if your waitlist comes through 7 or more days before. Still plenty of time to cancel the cash ressie. Good luck!

Sandisw
11-01-2011, 08:06 PM
Since you have to change rooms anyway, I don't think you are really overlooking anything, other than you will have a kitchenette in the studio and not in the room.

But, its only for the one night so probably not something that makes a difference for you.