PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy Space Center

DCTooTall
11-01-2011, 01:17 PM
So i've decided to take a day trip out to Kennedy during my trip next week, including taking the "Kennedy Up close" tour of the VAB building. (COOL! First time open to the public since 1978!)....

anyways, I'm trying to figure out how much $$ I will need to make sure I have on me for the tolls, as well as trying to figure out the best way to get there. since i'm coming from WBC, should I take I-4 to 528 like the directions on Kennedy's site? or should I take 417 to 528?

Also, This is going to be my first trip to Kennedy in over 15yrs, so is there anything people here recommend making sure not to miss? I'm also seriously considering spending an extra day and taking the Cape Canaveral Then/Now tour as well the next day, so i'd be interested on hearing if people think it'd be worth it.

deej696
11-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Well I can't speak too much on Kennedy itself, as I too have not been in 15 years, but the tolls should be about $3.50 each way. Have $10 on ya and you should be in good shape. If it were me, I'd take I-4 to the Bee Line as the 417 won't really save much time to merit what I think is an additional toll.

I might have to make a trip over myself, as I've always thought it would be cool to go inside the VAB...

The Hendies
11-01-2011, 09:44 PM
We are headed out to Kennedy for the same tour in just 5 days! We go out to KSC just about each time we are in Florida. Take it from me, go 528! Yes, you'll pay tolls, but it is the most direct and fastest. At the center itself there are several museums, displays, and movies to see as well. We have a 1:00 bus tour, so we hope to tour the rest of the facility from 10 - 1. Last year there was a space shuttle simulator ride. It might be close to a "real" lift off, but for the thrill factor, orange Mission Space was better! Enjoy your day at Kennedy!

Orlando Vic
11-01-2011, 10:27 PM
DCTooTall,
You have posted the same question here and under "transportation".

saskdw
11-01-2011, 11:24 PM
DCTooTall,

Holy smokes!!! Let's take him out back and flog him!!!:scared1:

DCTooTall
11-02-2011, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the info guys! :goodvibes:goodvibes

DCTooTall,

:lmao: Just covering my bases.... and not QUITE the same question. I only asked about routing and toll amounts over on the Transportation forum. After I posted here, I thought about it and realized that the Transportation people might be more likely to have the actual Toll info than people here.

Besides.... Hasn't this Forum almost morphed into the "Wyndham Bonnet Creek and Other Orlando Area hotels and Attractions" forum? ;)

Holy smokes!!! Let's take him out back and flog him!!!:scared1:

Hmmmm.... depending on who's doing the flogging....... ;)

:rotfl2:

deej696
11-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the info guys! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Besides.... Hasn't this Forum almost morphed into the "Wyndham Bonnet Creek and Other Orlando Area hotels and Attractions" forum?

:rotfl2:

Yes....this is true:thumbsup2