PDA

View Full Version : California Grill Reservation

TCanuck
10-30-2011, 10:22 AM
This is our first time with the table service meal plan and I was able to get a 5:50 reservation for the California Grill while we are there. (First time here too) The fireworks are at 8. Is this going to work out for us?

Also - with the dining plan, will we just get a main course and desert here, or will we get a first course, main course, desert?

Jungle Cruiser
10-30-2011, 10:27 AM
You may be done before the fireworks, however they have a policy if you show a receipt for dinner that night you can go back up to watch the fireworks! It's nice to walk around the resort if you have some extra time to kill before WISHES.

As for the dining plan, I believe you get whatever you normally word at a TS restaurant but it's two credits. Someone will have to confirm, since we don't use the dining plan.

Ramsfan28
10-30-2011, 10:29 AM
This is our first time with the table service meal plan and I was able to get a 5:50 reservation for the California Grill while we are there. (First time here too) The fireworks are at 8. Is this going to work out for us?

Also - with the dining plan, will we just get a main course and desert here, or will we get a first course, main course, desert?

Work out? Are you asking if you will be able to enjoy Wishes during dinner? I would say yes. Dinner takes about 2 hours or so at the CG. Keep in mind when you arrive you can ask for a "fireworks" or "window" table which might result in waiting another 20-30 minutes to be seated but will result in a great view from your table.

Keep in mind, you are also able to go outside on the viewing decks.

Pakey
10-30-2011, 11:09 AM
You get an entree and dessert on regular meal plan. That has never taken us 2 hours to eat. You can return to the restaurant to watch fireworks; no need to sit there at your table waiting. Just keep your receipt.

figment_jii
11-05-2011, 02:51 AM
Keep in mind when you arrive you can ask for a "fireworks" or "window" table which might result in waiting another 20-30 minutes to be seated but will result in a great view from your table.

You can request a fireworks table, but be advised that the wait can be substantially longer that 20 to 30 minutes. Last week, we were warned that the wait could be between 45 to 90 minutes, because most of the tables had just been seated. We opted not to wait and saw that a few of the people who were waiting did indeed have to wait over an hour for a window table.

The servers are well prepared for people to go out to the viewing deck to watch the fireworks. They actually tell people that the view is better from the deck.

LBlovesM&WDW
11-05-2011, 07:05 AM
Whether you are done dinner or not won't matter, you will still be able to see and hear Wishes from the observation deck since you dined there that evening(save receipt). As for the dining plan, you will only get entree and dessert. We thought the view from the deck was spectacular--hope it's a fabulous night!

LynneyPooh
11-05-2011, 10:20 PM
with a 5:50 ressie, and an 8:00 Wishes show, you should be finished eating with a time to spare. Last weekend, we had a 7:20 ressie, and a 9:00 Wishes. Our waiter paced for us, and timed it almost perfect. We had only a couple of minutes to spare for the show. That being said, this was a long meal. If you finish early, you can return back with receipt for the show. Also you did not say when your trip is, so it is possible that Wishes time may get moved. Keep that in mind also.

As far as dining plan, it will depend which one you're on. If you're on the regular (DDP), plan, then you get entree, bev, and dessert. If you're deluxe plan, then you get app (first course), entree, bev and dessert. Either plan it's 2 credits per person.

Enjoy! this is one of our fav's!:goodvibes

TCanuck
11-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the comments guys! I'm soo excited, but I will have to wait until March!