PDA

View Full Version : Is this info right re: free dining?

lfeikert
10-26-2011, 08:33 PM
I spoke with an AAA agent today to get a quote on a vacation during March using Free Dining. I asked for a quote for CBR and AKL. She told me that if we stay at CBR, we would be on the regular dining plan for free, but if we stayed at AKL, we would get the Deluxe plan for free. I thought that it was regular dining for deluxes and moderates. Which is it?

havoc315
10-26-2011, 09:18 PM
It would be the regular ddp. The deluxe is never offered for "free."

POOHsie
10-26-2011, 11:46 PM
The values offer Quick Service DP. The moderates offer Regular DP for the free dining offer. On occasion, moderates will only offer QSDP for the free offer. In your case, it's the Regular DP for moderates. Always regular DP for Deluxe resorts. You may pay the difference to upgrade to Deluxe DP, if desired.

I have a concern that if your AAA agent told you that whopper, what else is she telling you wrong about your WDW trip?

Nadjalu
10-26-2011, 11:53 PM
No matter which you stay at it is only the DDP that is free. You can pay the difference to upgrade to the deluxe plan.
So the agent is WRONG....as some are.

And yes above poster is correct, if you choose a Value resort you get the CS plan, but there too you can upgrade if you wish.

lfeikert
10-27-2011, 06:23 AM
Thanks! I was 99% sure she was wrong, but wanted to confirm it in case I missed something somewhere!

And don't worry, if I book through her, I'm only using AAA for any room discounts I may be able to get. I've done pleny of research and won't be using them for any trip planning or anything!

tinka-belle
10-27-2011, 05:05 PM
But if you're looking for a FD promo, you can't combine that with the AAA room discount. It's one or the other. The FD that AAA offers is the same as booking it yourself or thru a non-AAA TA, other than you'd most likely get the AAA Diamond pass for parking and a few free features for booking with them.

Letsbgoofy
10-28-2011, 07:12 AM
Also if you book through AAA you don't "own" your reservation and cannot make changes to it yourself. I would check the price booking through Disney, it should be the same. Then you are in control of your own reservation and can call yourself rather than waiting for your TA to do it.

blessedby3
11-02-2011, 09:16 PM
Also if you book through AAA you don't "own" your reservation and cannot make changes to it yourself. I would check the price booking through Disney, it should be the same. Then you are in control of your own reservation and can call yourself rather than waiting for your TA to do it.

You can book the free dining yourself and be in control of the reservations yourself. It is very easy! I agree with Letsbgoofy.....I like to be in control of my ressies:goodvibes
You can even go online to check prices. Go to Disney's website and scroll to the bottom of the main page. There should be a link for special discounts. Free dining will come up and you can put in your dates and resorts to compare. I never book online, I just check prices...and then call Disney:thumbsup2