PDA

View Full Version : Plaza Restaurant no appetizers-what happens on deluxe plan?

Luvlylisa
10-25-2011, 12:21 AM
If I have the deluxe dining plan and there are no appetizers on the menu (as is the case at the Plaza Restaurant in MK) will I be given something else instead or just get my entree and dessert?

I am looking at the Plaza Restaurant menu and cannot see any appetizers. Perhaps the menu I found is incomplete, but I wondered if I will simply lose out on the option if I choose to eat there?

Thanks again!!!!
pirate:

RetroPopArt
10-25-2011, 12:34 AM
We had the DDP on our Jan 2010 trip and ate at The Plaza for lunch. No, there are no appetizers. I don't recall if we asked anything about it - like could we get an extra side or dessert. But, it ended up working out for us in the end as we found that an entree & dessert filled us up enough. I think an app would have taken us over the edge and not allow us to enjoy the rest of our day.

tonya.

TDC Nala
10-25-2011, 07:27 AM
Generally if the restaurant does not offer appetizers, you don't get anything for your appetizer allotment. But this is the first I have heard of a restaurant that offers NOTHING for appetizers. Usually it's possible to get some onion rings or fries.

Colleen27
10-25-2011, 07:39 AM
There are appetizers at The Plaza, just not much variety... The "add soup of the day or tossed salad to your meal for $X.99" is the extent of the appetizer menu there, and I don't recall seeing any sides on the menu that might also qualify (like the onion rings at Beaches & Cream) but I didn't ask either because we were happy with the soup/salad choices.

sanctumsolitude
10-25-2011, 02:17 PM
You get the soup or the salad as an appetizer (I didn't ask if you could substitute anything else, I was fine with the soup or salad).

aubriee
10-26-2011, 02:41 AM
You get the soup or the salad as an appetizer (I didn't ask if you could substitute anything else, I was fine with the soup or salad).

I did ask and soup or salad are the only two choices. The soup was a tomato soup that was pretty good. The salad was just your basic salad.