PDA

View Full Version : Help pick our last TS of our April trip!

momtwoboys
10-24-2011, 09:04 PM
with Tutto being closed through April, we need to pick another dinner TS for the 19th!!!! Help me choose!

we have eaten at Biergarten every year since forever,and want to skip it!
tried San Angel and hated it. It was so gross and server was rude
Norway...eh no thanks. 2 boys and the food is not our thing
China never tried, but its chinese food right?
Japan, loved the food last year, but my sensory son had some issue and proceeded to vomit all over the table and in the lobby!

tutto closed, :sad1:
Via napoli? I keep reading mixed reviews! Plus we love the pizza at WPE!
Chefs? Never tried it, maybe an option
Marrakesh? never tried it, maybe an option too!
Rose Crown, I've seen pictures of the food and it looks like nothing great.
Le Cellier already got a lunch booked!
So where should we try for our last night of our trip???? We are adventurous eaters and do not like plain bland boring food. I just told my kids that Tutto will be closed and they started asking for Biergarten again! NOOOOOO I want to go somewhere different!

nklooz
10-24-2011, 09:14 PM
with Tutto being closed through April, we need to pick another dinner TS for the 19th!!!! Help me choose!

Japan, loved the food last year, but my sensory son had some issue and proceeded to vomit all over the table and in the lobby!

So where should we try for our last night of our trip???? We are adventurous eaters and do not like plain bland boring food. I just told my kids that Tutto will be closed and they started asking for Biergarten again! NOOOOOO I want to go somewhere different!

Can you switch to dinner at Le Cellier and then choose something else for your lunch. You know LC will be awesome. If I'm trying something new I'm unsure of, I'd prefer for that to be a lunch vs. dinner experience. Does it have to be EP WS? Garden Grill? Coral Reef?

Just saw the adventurous eater part at the end. If it doesn't have to be in EP, what about Boma?

momtwoboys
10-24-2011, 09:23 PM
thanks for the response! We already have Boma for our first night! We are staying at AKL. I wanted to stay in the park through dinner as it will be our last night of the 10 day trip. Coral Reef does nothing for me? We have eaten at Garden Grill about 2 years ago. It was tasty, and the kids had fun. I guess I am trying to be brave and try one of the places we have not done yet:confused3 We will stick to Le Cellier for lunch because it is 1TS. Any advice on the other places?

nklooz
10-24-2011, 09:30 PM

thanks for the response! We already have Boma for our first night! We are staying at AKL. I wanted to stay in the park through dinner as it will be our last night of the 10 day trip. Coral Reef does nothing for me? We have eaten at Garden Grill about 2 years ago. It was tasty, and the kids had fun. I guess I am trying to be brave and try one of the places we have not done yet:confused3 We will stick to Le Cellier for lunch because it is 1TS. Any advice on the other places?

Well, I would have said Germany or Japan w/the boys so I'm not much help :) I've never been there so can't speak to the quality but based on what it sounds like you're looking for, I think Marrakesh is a good option. It's on our list of to dos.

momtwoboys
10-24-2011, 09:43 PM
wonder if we LOVE Tangerien Cafe would we like Marrekesh? Every year we have a lunch at the QS in Morocco, is the TS just as delish?

momtwoboys
10-26-2011, 09:01 AM
for anyone that wants to give their opinion:lmao: we have narrowed it down to these:

Chefs De France Dinner
Nine Dragons Dinner
Marrekesh Dinner
Garden Grill Dinner

we are on the basic dining plan and already have ADR's for these places

11th Boma dinner
12th LTT dinner
13th Yak N Yeti Lunch
14th Le Cellier Lunch
15th Cape May Dinner
16th Boma breakfast
17th Tusker House Dinner
18th Crystal Palace Dinner
19th ????? Poor Tutto will be closed...

mommyof3princess27
10-26-2011, 10:44 AM
I vote GG!

miprender
10-26-2011, 12:43 PM
I give my vote for GG too:thumbsup2

momtwoboys
11-09-2011, 08:09 AM
well happy to report that we went with Garden Grill! We have had a crazy week here in Mass with the snow storm on Halloween:scared1: No power for 6 days, and it was cold! I finally got around to making the ADR last night, and darnit needed that credit card to hold it :confused3 All my others were made before that stupid rule:rolleyes1 We always cancel an ADR if it looks like we won't make it, but in all our trips we maybe had to do that 1 or 2 times. We never pull a no show! Anyway we will be eating our last dinner of our trip with Farmer Mickey and that is cool:woohoo:

nkereina
11-09-2011, 09:23 AM
I think you should re-consider Via Napoli. The pizza was great, the atmosphere was cool and if you like WPE pizza, you'd like it here. And they have some Italian dishes other than pizza, since you can't go to Tutto. I think it's better than any of the choices you've narrowed down to, frankly.

I haven't eaten at Nine Dragons but have shyed away from it because most of the reviews I've read said it's basically the same as chinese take out you can pretty much get at home. And at home you'd be paying half the price and getting double the portion.

In August a friend of mine went with a group of 9 to Marrakesh and only 2 of them liked it, and 1 of them liked it because of the belly dancing. This place is always easy to get an ADR at and I have to wonder why.

I'd pick Garden Grill if you can get it. We tried to get an ADR here for September and no luck, it seems to be hard to get into. Chefs de France would be my next choice if you can't.

Also wanted to add you are right on about Rose & Crown - nice to eat out on the lagoon but the food was mediocre at best. Not great choices.

momtwoboys
11-09-2011, 10:08 AM
We did get Garden Grill for 5:15 dinner. We are already having yummy pizza at WPE for dinner on the 16th, and don't want to use a TS for pizzas ;) I am so excited for the trip and it seems so far away:)