PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic! pictures from premium viewing area

cyclenut
10-22-2011, 11:43 AM
My DW and I had the opportunity to make reservations for the premium viewing area for Fantastmic! on 10/15.

Let me say that I was a bit skeptical that the $60 premium would be worth it, but I think we felt it really was. We had the 10:15 seating. I know this has probably been covered before, but for those just taking a look ... a few "tips".

They tell you to get there by 8:00 to choose your seat (regardless of which seating you have). We arrived at 7:45 and there was already a pretty long line. All the front row reserved seating were already taken by the time we got there, but we still did get center stage viewing. It was really nice to be able to skip all the waiting and jostleing for postion.

The desert tray was spectacular. DW could only eat about half and I didn't finish mine either. We didn't even have much of a dnner. The bad news is ... what to do with the leftovers. We left after F! so we just took it home and shared the leftovers the next day. YUM!

For those of you who have not seen the show and don't want any of the "surprises" spoiled for you. Don't look at the pictures.

For everyone else ... hope you enjoy them.

cyclenut
10-22-2011, 11:48 AM
F! pictures taken with my Canon T2i using a 1.4 50mm lens.

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss151/not4u13/IMG_6191.jpg

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss151/not4u13/IMG_6217.jpg

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss151/not4u13/IMG_6224.jpg

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss151/not4u13/IMG_6304.jpg

cyclenut
10-22-2011, 11:49 AM
More pictures

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss151/not4u13/IMG_6333.jpg

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss151/not4u13/IMG_6361.jpg

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss151/not4u13/IMG_6362.jpg

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss151/not4u13/IMG_6371.jpg

cyclenut
10-22-2011, 11:51 AM
Final set

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss151/not4u13/IMG_6423.jpg

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss151/not4u13/IMG_6445.jpg

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss151/not4u13/IMG_6449.jpg

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss151/not4u13/IMG_6489.jpg

WorldofColor
10-22-2011, 12:05 PM
Fantastic pictures! Glad you enjoyed it. I am considering this and am leaning towards this over an in room celebration. :goodvibes

cyclenut
10-22-2011, 12:37 PM
Fantastic pictures! Glad you enjoyed it. I am considering this and am leaning towards this over an in room celebration. :goodvibes

I don't know much about the in-room celebrations but I can tell you that after running around the park all day it was nice to sit in a real chair drink hot chocolate, savor some great after-dinner food (fruit, cheese, chocolates, cakes) and not have to rush through the crowds just to find a spot on the ground somewhere.

WorldofColor
10-22-2011, 12:42 PM
I don't know much about the in-room celebrations but I can tell you that after running around the park all day it was nice to sit in a real chair drink hot chocolate, savor some great after-dinner food (fruit, cheese, chocolates, cakes) and not have to rush through the crowds just to find a spot on the ground somewhere.

Oh yeah definitely. I think we might do this our first night. It's not much of a problem for us not getting the front row since we don't mind standing if we're in the back. Plus we're pretty tall so don't want to block kid's views. :santa:

krispin41
10-22-2011, 03:06 PM
Beautiful!! We did this too, and my DH and I really enjoyed the show (10/15, second show) you are right it was nice to be pampered at the end of the night.

You have also convinced me I need to get that lens!

Brady's Mom
10-22-2011, 03:15 PM
DH and I did this for his 50th Birthday. We did Blue Bayou for my 40th Birthday and I think he got the better deal! We really felt like it was worth it. I'm not sure we would pay for all the kids to do it with us, but it was great for 2 people.

We've seen F! from the ROA and from the premium viewing - I prefer premium viewing!

Really Great Pictures - Cyclenut! Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup2

rentayenta
10-22-2011, 03:31 PM
Wow, great photos! :thumbsup2

twopeasonepod
10-23-2011, 12:54 AM
Looks fabulous!

We decided not to do premium viewing for our trip (in eight days!), but now I am so jealous! DH said he thinks it will be too slow to justify the extra money (staying at GCH for 10 nights twice a year is not cheap). How were the crowds? Do you think we should still try for the 6th? $100 for two five-year-olds seems a bit much.

jacs1234
10-23-2011, 01:38 AM
Awesome shots. We always do fantasmic dessert seating. It is expensive with 4 kids but i love not having to wait on a rug for 4 hours to get a great view. We only do the dessert package once a trip and last time when we watched fantasmic an extra time we all sat on a rug to wait and all the kids fell asleep close to the show and didn't want to wake up for it. At least with the seating we can keep them busy and awake till the show.

cyclenut
10-23-2011, 01:58 AM
Glad you all like the photos. To the PP, I do love this lens. You can look for some other pictures I took of Aladdin back in July in a thread here using the same lens. There are better lenses, but this one isn't that expensive.

Looks fabulous!

We decided not to do premium viewing for our trip (in eight days!), but now I am so jealous! DH said he thinks it will be too slow to justify the extra money (staying at GCH for 10 nights twice a year is not cheap). How were the crowds? Do you think we should still try for the 6th? $100 for two five-year-olds seems a bit much.

I agree that it gets very expensive, very quickly ... and the show is only 25 minutes long, so that is pretty expensive for that little time. But ... when you consider the time you save by not having to wait so far in advance AND the great desert tray ... well ... it's really not all that bad (of course I don't know what the trays look like for kids).

I don't really know what your overall budget looks like and what you might have to cut out in order to add this seating in. Think about it this way ... you are really buying about 2 hours of time to do other things.

As for crowds, that is hard to tell. The crowds have generally been heavier than I expected at DL at various times throughout this season. I think some of that has to do with the construction going on at DCA. F! is popular enough to always have lots of people crowding for a good viewing spot.

If it were me ... I wouldn't spend $100 for my 5 year olds to watch from the viewing area ... I can think of a lot of other things I can get for them for that $100 that they would probably enjoy more. But I'm an AP holder and can come back to the park any time.

twopeasonepod
10-23-2011, 02:04 AM
Thanks! Yeah, $220 for the four of us seems like a lot. We have done the WOC dining twice, and think that is definitely worth it, though. We have APs too, but can't just stop by whenever haha. I told DH that I'm going to call and see if the premium seating is even still available. If it's sold out, then our decision has been made for us!

carnival kid
10-24-2011, 10:04 PM
We did it in June with 4 adults and 2 kids (and a baby who didnt have to pay).

Me and DH went and lined up early.... like 6.30pm to get front row seats. The other adults took the kids on heaps more rides and came just before show time.

It was well worth the money in my opinion. Heaps of drink and lovely food.

blackjackdelta
10-25-2011, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the photo's, we do this every year if it works for the budget..

Jack

kipperoo
10-25-2011, 04:43 PM
Thank you so much! I'm anxiously waiting for my 30 days out to book this for my Honeymoon in December and these pictures made me even happier that I've chosen to add this experience to our trip! Something at Disneyland I've never done!!

DizMe
10-25-2011, 07:36 PM
We did it in June with 4 adults and 2 kids (and a baby who didnt have to pay).

Me and DH went and lined up early.... like 6.30pm to get front row seats. The other adults took the kids on heaps more rides and came just before show time.

It was well worth the money in my opinion. Heaps of drink and lovely food.

Just curious...doesn't it kind of take away the whole idea of reserved seating if you have to get in line to pick your spot an hour and a half beforehand? I mean I think it's a neat thing and appreciate that you have chairs and dessert boxes but it seems like it isn't saving you much waiting?

twopeasonepod
10-25-2011, 08:37 PM
Just curious...doesn't it kind of take away the whole idea of reserved seating if you have to get in line to pick your spot an hour and a half beforehand? I mean I think it's a neat thing and appreciate that you have chairs and dessert boxes but it seems like it isn't saving you much waiting?

My thoughts exactly when I read Hydroguy's thread, so I never called. I hope someone can explain to us! I think it will be sold out for next week anyway, but maybe next time.

PrincessSitka
10-25-2011, 09:12 PM
After viewing your pictures. I am going to make ressies.

isisisme
10-25-2011, 09:13 PM

You choose your seat an hour and half before hand, and then you can leave and do whatever you want until show time. You don't have to stay there, nor is the line very long. I have never waited more than 10 mins to pick my seats.

lcvb
10-25-2011, 10:31 PM
We are going at the end of January. Do you think it is busy enough at that time of year to warrant spending the money on the reserved viewing? We are family of 4.

krispin41
10-25-2011, 10:36 PM
My DH and I weren't given a choice of where to sit, we handed our tickets to the CM, and she took us to our seats.

skiingfast
10-25-2011, 10:43 PM
We are going at the end of January. Do you think it is busy enough at that time of year to warrant spending the money on the reserved viewing? We are family of 4.

It won't be too busy, but F! will be limited to the weekend and weekends are always busy. It may be worth it any time of year for that reason.

DizFan13
10-25-2011, 11:07 PM
You choose your seat an hour and half before hand, and then you can leave and do whatever you want until show time. You don't have to stay there, nor is the line very long. I have never waited more than 10 mins to pick my seats.
Thank you for clearing this up. Does the entire party need to be present when you pick seats, or can one person pick seats for the family?

Elk Grove Chris
10-26-2011, 12:41 PM
You just need one person in line to pick the seats (have all of the tickets though).

Great photos! I rented a 50mm 1.2 for our trip in August and got some amazing shots in the dark.

We do this almost every trip, so worth it to us. Takes us all week to eat all of the goodies.

Nox54
10-26-2011, 05:07 PM
wow I've been wondering how choosing the seats worked out (waiting in line and all that). I'm so glad to hear we can just have one person waiting in line, then we can all come back when it's time.
Thanks for the great info!

isisisme
10-26-2011, 05:28 PM
My DH and I weren't given a choice of where to sit, we handed our tickets to the CM, and she took us to our seats.

The seat picking has always been earlier than when they let you in (about 7pmish if I remember) you show them the tickets, pick your seats (they mark them on the tickets and on their seat map), give you your tickets back. Then, when it is time to actually take your seat, they take your tickets and seat you. if you don't pick seat earlier and show up just at show time, I think that is what they do.

Of course, a. they could have changed things since last year. b. depends maybe on the time you go up there?

I'll find out on Saturday. :D

disneymom23
10-26-2011, 06:58 PM
How many reserved seats are there on a given night? I want to book for Dec. 23 so I will call at opening on Nov. 23. There will be 12 of us.

I want to make sure that we are all sitting in the same section of seats. Are there 2 or 3 sections? We have reservations at Cafe Orleans at 6:30. That is the only time they would accommodate a party of 12. I figure we'll be done eating around 7:30-7:45 and then 1 or 2 people can get in line for seats. Does this sound doable?

krispin41
10-26-2011, 09:46 PM
The seat picking has always been earlier than when they let you in (about 7pmish if I remember) you show them the tickets, pick your seats (they mark them on the tickets and on their seat map), give you your tickets back. Then, when it is time to actually take your seat, they take your tickets and seat you. if you don't pick seat earlier and show up just at show time, I think that is what they do.

Of course, a. they could have changed things since last year. b. depends maybe on the time you go up there?

I'll find out on Saturday. :D

Interesting. We did see the second show though, so the show was at 10:15, we showed up maybe around 9:30? I can't remember exactly, the concierge who printed my tickets told me what time to show up.

Elk Grove Chris
10-27-2011, 10:35 AM
How many reserved seats are there on a given night? I want to book for Dec. 23 so I will call at opening on Nov. 23. There will be 12 of us.

I want to make sure that we are all sitting in the same section of seats. Are there 2 or 3 sections? We have reservations at Cafe Orleans at 6:30. That is the only time they would accommodate a party of 12. I figure we'll be done eating around 7:30-7:45 and then 1 or 2 people can get in line for seats. Does this sound doable?

With that many people, I would say you might want to send someone over earlier than that to make sure you all sit together. Especially on Dec. 23, it will be sold out and the park will be packed.

blackjackdelta
10-27-2011, 11:54 AM
With that many people, I would say you might want to send someone over earlier than that to make sure you all sit together. Especially on Dec. 23, it will be sold out and the park will be packed.

Totally agree, it will be jammed. We have seen lines form at 1630 in the afternoon during our August visits just because some want the front row.

Jack

disneymom23
10-27-2011, 02:09 PM
Totally agree, it will be jammed. We have seen lines form at 1630 in the afternoon during our August visits just because some want the front row.

Jack

Thanks for the tip. How many people are seated in each row?

blackjackdelta
10-27-2011, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the tip. How many people are seated in each row?

We had the front, middle section and there were 5 in our row, a set of stairs and 5 more down to the right, then more rows behind. Not an empty seat anywhere with the first showing. I go early while everyone plays. I visit with the CM's and people in line as they show up. Have a great time. The CM's will be very helpful just have to explain and ask if you need something.

Jack

Bashara
10-27-2011, 11:43 PM
We went on Sept 25th to the 10.15 show. It was 2 adults and 3 kids so it cost quite alot in the end. The kids dessert box was the same as the adults. All the sweet things are very rich and my kids didn't eat much of them but they liked the cheese and crackers. I lined up earlier then what the CM told me because I'd read on Hydroguys thread about kids needing the front row. They started allocating seats before the time they said they would so I'd take whatever time the CM tells you to come at and be there 15 minutes beforehand at least if you have kids. I think I was there at 7.15 and about 7.45 they started allocating seats. My hubby took the kids off for rides etc while I queued, you just need all the tickets with whoevers queuing. I was the 2nd person to pick seats for that show so we got front row. The seating isn't staggered though so people in the 2 rows behind are seated at the same level as the front row. If you are short I'd aim for the front row too. People behind us were complaining they couldn't see etc. and I'm only 5'4".

For us I wouldn't do this again with kids at the price. As it was the second show there was room on the ground in front of us as we arrived and we came straight on over after the fireworks ended. We could have had a decent view for nothing but as it was the only night we could see it I didn't want to risk missing out so the money was worth it really. It was off peak season so if you are going in high season I'd recommend you book seats.

cyclenut
10-29-2011, 10:58 AM

I would highly recommend that one of you take all the tickets for your party and get in the line earlier to pick your seats. Dec 23 is going to be pretty busy (even that is an understatement). Whatever you do, don't eat any desert or "extras" at Cafe Orleans. That tray they give you at Fantasmic is plenty. You may even consider a later Fantasmic showing (maybe you already were planning on it).

I also noticed that most people in line ahead of me for picking seats were there for the earlier showing so it might actually be a bit easier to get seats together for the later showing.