PDA

View Full Version : Nothing but drama since iOS 5 update

Tuney
10-21-2011, 05:16 PM
I currently have a net gear Router. Before upgrading iPad to iOS 5 everything ran seamlessly. Now that I have upgraded the OS, my wifi signal drops frequently. I don't know what to do. I have reset all settings, full factory settings restore, reset router and I'm lost. I took my iPad to McDonald's today and it ran flawlessly...no problems. So I obviously have something going on with the router....but I just don't know what to do.

BigTex71
10-22-2011, 09:44 AM
I currently have a net gear Router. Before upgrading iPad to iOS 5 everything ran seamlessly. Now that I have upgraded the OS, my wifi signal drops frequently. I don't know what to do. I have reset all settings, full factory settings restore, reset router and I'm lost. I took my iPad to McDonald's today and it ran flawlessly...no problems. So I obviously have something going on with the router....but I just don't know what to do.

How old is your router? Have you tried upgrading the firmware?

I had similar issues with my iPad 2 (prior to iOS 5 upgrade) and laptop dropping connection with my old Verizon Fios router. I bought a new N300-based NetGear router and it has been working with no dropping connection since.

Tuney
10-22-2011, 10:58 PM
I got it to work. I did about four hrs of research. I found that I had to change some security settings. All is well now :)