PDA

View Full Version : Please offer some advice for our trip in April

mickeymom629
10-20-2011, 08:00 AM
DH, DS (17) and myself are flying from MD to visit DS (22). We are staying 2 nights with DS and then 3 nights (April 2,3,4) in GCH (1 bedroom villa) and then 2 nights at a Marriott in Burbank. This is the week before Easter. Only DS(22) has been to Disneyland and DCA one day each - this will be a first for the rest of us (tho I was at DL many, many years ago).

I am hoping to get to Disneyland on Monday, April 2nd by early afternoon so that we can enjoy a little of the park. I'm a little worried about traffic on a Monday since DS lives about 47 miles from DL (Tarzana, CA).

Should I get 3 day hopper passes or just 3 day passes? Even though we have had hoppers in WDW, we usually don't hop and use our mornings to gather FPs for use in the evening. Is this also a good strategy for DL and DCA or is hopping best, especially for a group of four adults who can get around faster?

Do you think WOC, Fantasmic! and the fireworks (Nightastic!?) will be shown during our stay? Are they nightly? I'm a little confused about these shows and Aladdin. DS said he saw WOC without a FP, but I have read differently here on the Dis.

Is the weather usually nice in early April/end of March? How are the crowds the week before Easter?

HydroGuy
10-20-2011, 08:18 AM
Here is some weather data - "Detailed Weather Data for DLR" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=23004158 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=23004158) - April is usually pretty nice.

Entertainment will likely be nightly in early April. See "Historical DLR Park Hours, Entertainment and Refurbs" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2291124 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2291124)

It is possiible to see WOC without a FP. But it is hard to see it with a good view. Heck, it is hard to see WOC with a good view with a FP. For more info see "World of Color Superthread" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=37986447 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=37986447)

Weekday traffic can be an issue. I would suggest you leave really early.

mickeymom629
10-20-2011, 10:22 AM
Thanks HydroGuy! I have been reading your great information here on the Dis.

Do you think it will be crowded for spring break the week before Easter? We are used to going to WDW during peak times, so I'm hoping we will manage.

Would you suggest park hoppers or one park a day?

:)

3Minnies1Mickey
10-20-2011, 10:40 AM
It'll be very busy. Definitely get hoppers. The gates are just a couple of minutes walk from each other. You can gather FPs in disneyland and hop to DCA when it starts gettingbusy. Then collect FPs there. Or one person can take the passes and head to DCA to grab FPs while the rest stay in Disneyland.

HydroGuy
10-20-2011, 10:53 AM
Definitely hoppers. And yes it will be crowded. Use good touring strategies and you should be fine.

- Arrive early
- Collect FPs
- Park hop
- Take afternoon breaks
- Use Magic Mornings

Etc.

:wizard: