PDA

View Full Version : If you've booked for a large party....

grad_dis_nut
10-19-2011, 02:04 PM
...can you share your best tips/suggestions? I'm coming up on the 180 day mark, and with Grand Gatherings no longer in existence, I'm wondering how best to get the ADRs we really want, with a party size of 12.

Online or over the phone?

Try to get one ADR for 12, or two ADRs for 6?

I'm hoping I'm overthinking it, but I am afraid that while I (or a CM) is trying different combinations to get all of us into the Crystal Palace, all the ADRs for Chef Mickey's will be snatched up :rotfl: Obviously I'll prioritize and try for the one(s) we really want first.

TIA!

kiddo76
10-19-2011, 02:08 PM
I was able to book ADRs for 14 people online for my trip next week no problem, including Chef Mickey breakfast and 'Ohana dinner.

Good Luck! :thumbsup2

tzeitel
10-19-2011, 10:16 PM
I was really worried about booking our ADRs - there are 11 of us and going around Spring Break :eek:

I did not have any problems booking online but I was prepared to do 2 reservations at certain restaurants. With those I was able to get them at the same times or with a 5 minute difference. The ones I had to do a table of 6 and a table for 5 were Le Cellier, Yak & Yeti and Tutto Italia.

The split ADRs I had to do in 2 separate names - you don't have to log out and log back in, just make sure you do a different name and phone number. To give you an idea of what we booked a table of 11 for - CRT, 'Ohanas, California Grill, Tusker House, Sci -Fi, Liberty Tree, Chefs de France. I know we will probably be at separate tables but I was able to book it as 1 party.

The one booking I had to call for was the Fantasmic! package, but that was because it did not show up online when I was booking everything else. Still, I had no problems when I called to book it.

Hope this helps and good luck with your ADRs :thumbsup2

grad_dis_nut
10-21-2011, 12:01 PM
Thanks to both of you for your help. I am going to be ready to go online early in the morning on the 6th (thankfully I have the end of DST in my favor....so 7AM will feel like 8AM!) Any sign of trouble and I'll be on the phone faster than you can say "Yes, I understand that new credit card hold policy". :rotfl:

Thanks again!

pinkerbell
10-21-2011, 12:46 PM
I recently made ours for a party of 11 all online. Practice FIRST!! by putting in a few for a few days out, then be sure to cancel them. you can go Online and hour before the phones open. I had all ours done before the phone lines opened. Have a CREDIT CARD HANDY IN CASE YOU ARE BOOKING ANY THAT REQUIRE IT. bE SURE YOU GO IN UNDER YOUR RESSIE AND THEN MAKE NEW RESSIES GOING TO THE COLUMN ON THE LEFT O YOU MUST KEEP RE-ENTERING YOU INFO. (oops sorry for the caps) At least that is what happened to me. Good Luck!

grad_dis_nut
10-21-2011, 01:26 PM
you can go Online and hour before the phones open. I had all ours done before the phone lines opened.

Okay, so I think phone lines open at 7. Does this mean I can make them online at 6AM, even on a Sunday? You'd think I would know this stuff by now. The party of 12 thing has me all anxious!