PDA

View Full Version : credits for pizza delivery?

PudgetteD
10-19-2011, 11:54 AM
So, I know from experience that if I order a pizza, 2 cheesecakes, and 2 bottled Cokes from Pop pizza delivery, it will cost me 2 TS credits. Somewhere on the boards I read that if you pick up the pizza in the food court that it's CS credits. If so, does that include desserts and drinks? Also, if I have the deluxe dining plan, would a side salad also be included if I used delivery and TS credits? TIA!

TDC Nala
10-19-2011, 12:07 PM
Desserts and drinks, yes. But appetizers are not included with CS meals. So no salad.

PudgetteD
10-19-2011, 12:08 PM
Desserts and drinks, yes. But appetizers are not included with CS meals. So no salad.

If I use delivery instead of pick-up and use TS credits(with the deluxe plan) then the salad would be included?

TDC Nala
10-19-2011, 12:20 PM
I really don't know. It likely would if you ordered it from room service at a deluxe resort (and you'd also be charged 4 TS credits instead of 2 because it's considered a meal for 2 from room service). But I am not sure if the value pizza delivery actually comes from the food court or is handled by a third party.

Of course, you're on deluxe so you don't have TS or CS credits. But if you get it from the food court it's a CS meal and doesn't include appetizers. Only lunch and dinner TS meals include appetizers. You would have to find out from those who have actually used the value resort pizza delivery if salads are included at all.

DisneyLoverUSA
10-24-2011, 01:45 PM
On pizza delivery to your room you do not get a salad or any type of appetizer with it even if you are on the Deluxe dining plan.

If you want to use the appetizer portion of your DlxDp you must use it in an actual Table service restaurant, not value pizza delivery.

TDC Nala
10-24-2011, 01:54 PM
I don't know if they've changed things or not but I was just down at Pop Century and the flyer in the room for pizza delivery does list appetizers. One is a salad and I think the other is wings. Used to be the only thing they would list is pizza. The flyer says nothing about the dining plan or deluxe dining plan so I think you'd have to ask them when you call.

nkereina
10-24-2011, 03:18 PM
We picked up a large pizza at the POR food court and were on DxDP. We got two desserts and two drinks with it for two credits. No apps.

ETA: I was just there at the end of September, but maybe people's experiences vary depending on the food court?

gigi1313
10-24-2011, 09:18 PM
We were able to get salad in lieu of dessert last year on regular DDP at POR food court...

RetroPopArt
10-25-2011, 12:46 AM
"We didn't feel like fighting the crowd (at the POP food court, which we referred to as Hell's Kitchen) so we opted for the room service pizza idea.

This was a total of 2 dining credits. They never gave us a total $ bill, so no idea how much it costs to the average Joe without a dining plan. We were given 2 salads, a large pepperoni pizza, 2 desserts, and the best part which was a 2 liter bottle of diet Coke. The Diet Coke from the soda fountain in Hell's Kitchen had been broken all day. Online reviews said the pizza was cold and yuk. We disagree. It's good pizza. And, with only a 30 minute wait time, we received our pizza steamy and hot. Maybe it was the location of our room? Who knows. Anyway, we threw out the salads and desserts but gobbled up a good portion of the pizza. No, not all of it."

This is an excerpt from our WDW trip blog from January 2010. Hope this helps your answer a bit.

tonya.

nklooz
10-25-2011, 09:22 AM
Ok, I'm still confused after reading this full thread. So, if I'm staying at CR with a party of 4, 2 Adults, 1 Kid of Adult Age on DDP, and 1 under 2, and I want to order take out pizza and a 2 liter from room service, how many TS will this cost me? 2 TS per person on our plan? Or, just 4 TS? And, will it include an appetizer if I want it to?

And, if I went down to the CS restaurant to get it as "pick up", how many CS credits would it take? And, to clarify, I couldn't get any sort of appetizer because those don't come with your meals at CS restaurants regardless of plan?

Is my understanding on all of this correct?

Thanks!

TDC Nala
10-25-2011, 12:40 PM
The Contemporary Resort is a deluxe resort with In-Room Dining. At these resorts, a pizza is considered a room service meal for two adults. Each room service meal costs 2 TS credits PER PERSON. Therefore, to order a pizza from room service will cost you 4 adult TS credits PER PIZZA. On the deluxe dining plan there is no designation between TS and CS credits, so it's 4 credits. Technically you are supposed to get an appetizer on deluxe if they are available from room service - actually you would get two, as it is considered a meal for two.

If you pick it up from the food court (if it has a large pizza available) it counts as a CS meal for two. Since there is no difference between TS and CS credits on the deluxe dining plan it will cost 2 credits PER PIZZA. But it's a CS meal, so it won't include an appetizer. Only lunch and dinner TS meals include the appetizers.