PDA

View Full Version : What is the best time for an Ohana ADR in order to catch Wishes?

Feckless
10-18-2011, 04:04 PM
I want to book at 'Ohana and watch Wishes from the Poly beach afterwards. Forgive my stupidity, but there is an electrical water parade before Wishes, right? To see both, what is the best time for an ADR?

Thanks so much for any help you can give me.

siczlo
10-18-2011, 05:15 PM
You could look at MK park hours and schedule for that day and book about an hour before Wishes.

Feckless
10-18-2011, 08:30 PM
Thanks! I was thinking an hour wouldn't be enough time... Wouldn't that rush the 'Ohana dinner? Does anyone recall how long that this dinner normally would take for a family of 4?

Plus what about the water parade? Is that worthwhile? Does anyone know when that is? I think Wishes is at 10 on the nights that we are there. Would the water parade be at 9 or 9:30?

OhThePain
10-19-2011, 07:12 AM
An hour is no where near enough time to eat at 'Ohana and then get down to the beach. If Wishes is at 10, I wouldn't make an ADR for anything later than 7. You could easily wait 45 mins after your ADR time there. How long it takes you to eat is totally up to your family and how much they want to eat. We have had some pretty awful service there, so it has taken us a lot longer than we would have liked. I think the 3 hour buffer time will help keep you from feeling rushed. Even in the worst case that you had to wait an hour after your ADR time (it doesn't happen often but it has happened) that still gives you 2 hours to eat. Even if it takes your family 90 mins to eat, you still have a half hour to get down to the beach. I think making an ADR any later will add some unneeded stress to your night.

As for the Electric Water Pageant, it usually passes the Poly at around 9. It's nice to see if you can get there in time, but if you miss it, it's not the end of the world, IMO.

Feckless
10-19-2011, 08:06 AM
An hour is no where near enough time to eat at 'Ohana and then get down to the beach. If Wishes is at 10, I wouldn't make an ADR for anything later than 7. You could easily wait 45 mins after your ADR time there. How long it takes you to eat is totally up to your family and how much they want to eat. We have had some pretty awful service there, so it has taken us a lot longer than we would have liked. I think the 3 hour buffer time will help keep you from feeling rushed. Even in the worst case that you had to wait an hour after your ADR time (it doesn't happen often but it has happened) that still gives you 2 hours to eat. Even if it takes your family 90 mins to eat, you still have a half hour to get down to the beach. I think making an ADR any later will add some unneeded stress to your night.

As for the Electric Water Pageant, it usually passes the Poly at around 9. It's nice to see if you can get there in time, but if you miss it, it's not the end of the world, IMO.

Thanks so much for your reply! Touring Plans says Wishes is at 9 on the night I'm selecting. In that case, would the water pageant come by at 8? I think I will book dinner for 6:15.

My brain hurts with all this stuff!

OhThePain
10-19-2011, 09:46 AM
Thanks so much for your reply! Touring Plans says Wishes is at 9 on the night I'm selecting. In that case, would the water pageant come by at 8? I think I will book dinner for 6:15.

My brain hurts with all this stuff!

6:15 will work great to get on the beach in time for a 9:00 Wishes. As for the Water Pageant time, I am not too sure. You might have better luck finding out the times for it by either doing a search or starting a thread in either the "Disney Resorts" area or the "Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies" area.

Biggreen19
10-20-2011, 01:13 PM
Just came back from a recent trip on 10/12, had a 6:50 PM reservation at Ohana on 10/9 w/4 adults. Took our time during dinner and had plenty of time to get lounge chairs on the beach to watch wishes @ 9:00PM

DisneyRookie2007
10-24-2011, 08:56 PM
I want to book at 'Ohana and watch Wishes from the Poly beach afterwards. Forgive my stupidity, but there is an electrical water parade before Wishes, right? To see both, what is the best time for an ADR?

Thanks so much for any help you can give me.

I would plan my ADR for a minimum of 2-3 hours before Wishes. This will account for any delays in being seated and allow enough time for a relaxing meal.

I've never seen the water parade before, so I'm of no use for that question

lvdis
10-25-2011, 10:44 AM
You can find info on the Electrical Water Pageant here - http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours.htm#water

The Electrical Water Pageant usually follows this schedule:

Disney's Polynesian Resort - 9:00 pm
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - 9:15 pm
Disney's Wilderness Lodge - 9:35 pm
Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground - 9:45 pm
Disney's Contemporary Resort - 10:05 pm
Magic Kingdom park - 10:20 pm (only during extended Magic Kingdom Park hours)

My family enjoys seeing it when we can!

cassie58
10-28-2011, 01:59 PM
If you are eating by a window, will you be able to see Wishes? I've only had brft. there, but a friend is going and has a reservation about an hr. before fireworks, and thought she might be able to see them from there - I had only heard about the beach for viewing. TIA!

cassie58
11/08-ASMo & Timeshare
8/09-CSR
11/11-CSR

OhThePain
11-04-2011, 09:09 AM
You can see Wishes from the restaurant if you have a window view, but it is pretty distant (you have to rememeber, a lot of the high flying fireworks are not shot off from the MK, but from a distance to make it appear like it is right above the castle). So while they do pipe in the music and dim the lights, it is a nice perk at eating at 'Ohana (the only perk, IMO), it isn't really something to go out of your way to see. The best view of Wishes always has been and will always be from MSUSA, nothing can replace that.