PDA

View Full Version : Turning CS credits into Snack Credits...

DisneySarah80
10-17-2011, 04:00 PM
From what I've been told, you can turn 1 CS credit into 3 Snack credits. Does this count for kids CS credits as well? Or is it that your able to turn TS credits into Snack Credits?

TIA

TDC Nala
10-17-2011, 04:10 PM
What you can do is trade your CS credit in at the cashier for snacks. Not literally turn your CS credits into snack credits. Although if this is what you want to do, ask your resort concierge if they can do it.

Resort CS will take one CS credit for the purchase of usually three snacks (we had reports on different numbers in some places). In general you can't do this at park CS (I believe Main Street Bakery, for one, will allow it) and you can't do it at stores or shops. I think they will also accept kids credits for this.

minniebeth
10-17-2011, 04:54 PM
I can only speak of our personal experience~ at Pop Century foodcourt, we were able to use 1 CS for any 3 snacks (2 weeks ago). They were very familiar with people asking this and very accomodating. Not sure if you can do the same with children's credits, as we only had adult credits.

tres besitos
10-17-2011, 08:52 PM
We did this last week. We had so many extra cs meals because of food & wine. We easily got 3 snacks for 1 CS. It was our last night and I was trying to get food for the plane. At POR food court, I told them what I was trying to do and was able to get three mickey rice krispie treats as 1 meal, but they also let me get 1 box of cereal, a piece of fruit and /or bag of chips and another mickey rice krispie bar as a meal. the kids had food for the plane and a treat in their lunch box when they went back to school.

FYI when we went in 2010 and stayed at CBR I had a difficult time doing this the cashier was confused about it and had to call a manager over everyone seemed slightly annoyed, but it was breakfast time and somewhat busy. This time we had a super early flight and I went to the POR food court at about 11:30 pm and everyone was super helpful and accommodating.

rachel09985
10-18-2011, 10:41 AM
I tried to use snack credits for one counter service at Pop Century this past June. I was trying to use the snacks at the front of the checout though- character gummies, pretzels, rice krispie heads. I am not sure if that had an impact. Maybe you are only allowed to do things such as bags of chips, drinks, pastries that you get from in back of POP.

TDC Nala
10-18-2011, 10:58 AM
I tried to use snack credits for one counter service at Pop Century this past June. I was trying to use the snacks at the front of the checout though- character gummies, pretzels, rice krispie heads. I am not sure if that had an impact. Maybe you are only allowed to do things such as bags of chips, drinks, pastries that you get from in back of POP.

The whole bit about trading CS for snacks is not an official part of the dining plan. It's apparently been informally instituted by the resort CS to assist guests who are trying to get rid of their CS at the last minute and can't carry full meals with them. You may get a cashier who doesn't know about it or won't do it. Ask the cashier before you approach the counter with the snacks.

minniebeth
10-18-2011, 11:23 AM

I do think either it's become more acceptable, or it's all about who you ask.
We traded the CS meals at Pop for exactly what you are talking about...what was in front of the registers. We got Minnie cookies, Mickey goldfish type heads, gummy worms, pez, rice krispy Mickey heads and a small box of Wheat Thins with 2 CS.