PDA

View Full Version : dining plan question

wdw_monster
10-17-2011, 01:03 PM
I have heard a rumor that your dining credits don't expire until seven days after you check out. Is this true?

Faldred
10-17-2011, 01:08 PM
Unless something has changed very recently, no. Dining plan credits expire at midnight following your check-out morning from your resort.

momto3pirates
10-17-2011, 01:09 PM
I have heard a rumor that your dining credits don't expire until seven days after you check out. Is this true?

Dining credits expire at midnight the day you check out.

TDC Nala
10-17-2011, 01:21 PM
No, this is incorrect - you get until midnight after you check out and that's it.

wdw_monster
10-17-2011, 01:46 PM
ok thats what i thought, someone that is recently going told me this

3pletprincesses
10-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Not true... they expire at midnight on your check out day.

I did a split stay this past August to save money as it was our 3rd trip in year . Not thinking, the first day with no dining plan after 5 days of dining plan, I tried using my remaining snacks.... no snacks were available. I had forgotten about not having the plan anymore. We are so used to have the plan that it was like automatic to use snack credits. By not thinking straight, I lost at least 8 snack credits because I forgot that I would loose everything when I changed reservation. I was simply not thinking.

aubriee
10-18-2011, 03:53 AM
Not true... they expire at midnight on your check out day.

I did a split stay this past August to save money as it was our 3rd trip in year . Not thinking, the first day with no dining plan after 5 days of dining plan, I tried using my remaining snacks.... no snacks were available. I had forgotten about not having the plan anymore. We are so used to have the plan that it was like automatic to use snack credits. By not thinking straight, I lost at least 8 snack credits because I forgot that I would loose everything when I changed reservation. I was simply not thinking.

Something else to rememeber about split stays (where you have the DDP for both stays) is that on the last day of your first stay, you can not combine a credit from your first stay with one from your second stay to pay for a 2 credit Signature restaurant. As an AP holder, I can get the DDP without having to buy park tickets, so at least once or twice a year do a split stay using the DDP for both stays. Once on the last night of my first stay, I found out I could not use a credit from the first stay with one from the second stay to pay for a meal at Yachtsman, even though both meal plans were active at that time.:rolleyes1 I had to use two from the second stay and lost the one left over from the first stay, even though technically it was good until midnight of that day.