PDA

View Full Version : Chances of someone cancelling Dine with an Imagineer so I can add a person?

discorsner
10-16-2011, 02:10 PM
Has anyone had luck with an opening coming up for Dine with an Imagineer?

My DH and I really wanted to do this and we are going on a trip in January. Even though by other destinations booking a few months in advance wouldn't be last minute I really feel like this is last minute. I am feeling the crunch as usually our trips are planned well before 180 mark and I haven't had a problem not getting an adr.

There was an opening for one person but not for two at the Dine with an Imagineer. I booked it for one even though we want to go together. I keep thinking I will just keep checking and calling to see if I can turn one into two. If I can't I will have to cancel.

I feel kinda guilty since I am always making sure not to make double ADRs and to cancel ones we will not use so that other people don't get shut out. I feel bad making the reservation for one when it might not turn into two and then we would cancel and that might prevent a solo traveler from snagging it when they look but we really want to do this one. So I am keeping it for now.

Just wondering if anyone has had luck with a cancellation on this coming through? :confused3

TDC Nala
10-17-2011, 02:39 PM
The Brown Derby lunch has a very small capacity. I can't remember if it's 10 or 12 guests, but no more than that.

With that small a capacity, the chances of someone else cancelling are pretty slim.

discorsner
10-18-2011, 07:07 PM
I got it!

The next day I logged back on and I couldn't book 2 but there was another opening for 1.

I didn't just want to book it and have two separate ressies for 1 and not have us be together so I called.

For some reason the CM could not modify my 1 to a 2 even though they showed availability so she just booked another 1 for me. So now I have a ressie for 1 and DH has a ressie for 1.

It sounds weird to me but she said we would be together and it would be fine. Anyone have any experience with this? :confused3 I'm a little worried that the CM was wrong.

TDC Nala
10-18-2011, 10:08 PM
There is only one table. Everyone sits around it. There is no way you won't be together.

discorsner
10-20-2011, 09:56 PM
Ok thanks! I am happy to hear that. I was thinking maybe they did more than one group with more than one imagineer on the same day and time.

Thanks for letting me know there is only one!
:thumbsup2