PDA

View Full Version : What percentage of tables are booked with ADRs and what's left for walk-ins?

ColoradoDisneyFan
10-16-2011, 09:59 AM
Just wondering if anyone has anecdotal evidence on what percentage of tables does Disney book for ADRs thus leaving the rest for walk-ins, especially for places like Crystal Palace or Chef Mickeys which likely get many people without any ressies wanting to dine there.

And does Disney "release" more tables at some point for last minute ADRs?

:earsgirl:

MikeSF
10-16-2011, 10:16 AM
I think its not so much how many ADRs are booked, but the fact that ADRs can take 100% of the tables.

However, never been to WDW restaurants I'm only going by what people have told me here :)

loganpaulsmom
10-16-2011, 10:28 AM
I think it depends on how busy the world is for that particular time.. For instance, I am going in peak time in April.. I know that i have to make all my ressies for sit downs or else the probability of NOT being able to get a table are extremely high.. I have only heard of small instances when big tickets restaurants have accepted walk ins.. one being le cellier in aug.. and it was my BFF's reservation that another friend took coincidentally.. that for sure does not happen often..

vicki_c
10-16-2011, 10:34 AM
There are no tables held for walk-ins.

So the answer to your question is 100% and 0%.

Doesn't mean that at some point in time you can't walk in somewhere and get seated, but there is no percentage of tables that are set aside for that.

tzeitel
10-16-2011, 12:26 PM
There are no tables held for walk-ins.

So the answer to your question is 100% and 0%.

Doesn't mean that at some point in time you can't walk in somewhere and get seated, but there is no percentage of tables that are set aside for that.Yep, I was a seating hostess at WDW and we did not hold tables for walk-ins. If we were not busy then we would take walk-ins right when we opened or if (for example) there was a w/i party of 2 and all we had in the books was parties of 4+ then we would take the w/i if a 2 top opened up.

ColoradoDisneyFan
10-16-2011, 02:58 PM
I remember in the "old days" that we could always show up at CP when it opened for dinner and have no problem getting a table within an hour or so. No more?

dimndgal1
10-16-2011, 03:09 PM
When DH and I had APs in 2006, we only made one rezzie ever for CRT... everything else was walk-up when we wandered through or rezzie for later in the day (we'd walk by at 4p and reserve for 6p)

We went to WDW in May this year unexpectedly (DH ended up in FL for three months and we met at WDW in the middle) and not only were 90% of the ADRs gone, but walk up was almost non-existent. We tried Garden Grill and were told we MIGHT be able to finagle something if we showed up at opening the next day and were willing to wait an hour. China, Japan, Norway, all booked. Mexico had limited walk-up, and when we called over to MK, nothing could guarantee anything and they said walk-up would be at least an hour if at all.

I was talking to my mom and she remembered how when she first went to EPCOT, you walked in, picked up a phone to an operator, made a dinner rezzie and went on your day. Now, it's plan 6 months out and hope it works.

I, personally, don't like dictating my schedule 6 months out -- we are more of a go with the flow group at the parks. We're planning on making three reservations for our trip next summer and just eat counter service if need be. I think it stinks - my in-laws have never been to Disney and would love to show them the great food but because they've never been, I think time is better spent enjoying the parks at our pace/decision rather than running from one ADR to the next.