PDA

View Full Version : DDP Plan - Can I treat a friend?

RavenclawMom
10-14-2011, 08:15 AM
Let's say, for the sake of argument, that I have a friend who lives in Orlando and has an AP. Can I treat my friend to a TS meal using my DDP?

vicki_c
10-14-2011, 08:17 AM
Nope. You may not use your dining credits to purchase food for those not on the plan.

TDC Nala
10-14-2011, 10:33 AM
Disney's written rule is that you may not redeem your dining credits to purchase meals for anyone who is not on your room reservation/dining plan.

CanadianMomofTwo
10-16-2011, 07:39 AM
Slightly different than this - can you use the credits to purchase an extra meal for one person on the plan, and one less for another person? My family is going to disney with my dad and his wife. Each couple (us and my parents) are going on one "date night". My dad's restaurant choice doesn't take the disney dining plan, and our restaurant counts for two table service credits. Can we use both our credits and theirs, then just pay for their meal out of pocket? Or does each person in the group have to use the same number of credits for themselves (i.e. if DH and I use two of our credits for our dinner out, can we then each "borrow" one of the other's credits for lunch the next day or something?

havoc315
10-16-2011, 02:56 PM
Slightly different than this - can you use the credits to purchase an extra meal for one person on the plan, and one less for another person? My family is going to disney with my dad and his wife. Each couple (us and my parents) are going on one "date night". My dad's restaurant choice doesn't take the disney dining plan, and our restaurant counts for two table service credits. Can we use both our credits and theirs, then just pay for their meal out of pocket? Or does each person in the group have to use the same number of credits for themselves (i.e. if DH and I use two of our credits for our dinner out, can we then each "borrow" one of the other's credits for lunch the next day or something?

That's a perfectly acceptable use of credits. All the credits are pooled on the reservation. Therefore any adult credit can be used by any adult in the party.