PDA

View Full Version : Can I do this?

dizprincess27
10-13-2011, 01:51 PM
Hello - Ok so I've never ever done the dining plan at Disney :guilty: Mainly it's because under normal circumstances I don't eat that much food and it was not cost effective for us!! Anyway, fast forward to me having free dining for my upcoming trip in December and I'm trying to plan how to spend my credits.

So my dd eats alot more than me and weighs a mere 100lbs :rolleyes1 so I was thinking of letting her use my CS credits and taking her snack credits instead. Now I know I can do that but what I want to know is can I add money to the snack credit? For example, I want a breakfast sandwich and it's $7.99. Can I ask them to use the snack credit and I pay the balace of $2.99 or do I have to specifically use the snack credit for something under $5.00 cut and dry?? I hope someone knows the answer to this and thanks as always!!

natfrac
10-13-2011, 01:55 PM
Sorry, but in my experience you cannot. Certain items are deemed to be "snacks", so check around and you might find a sandwich-type item,

dizprincess27
10-13-2011, 02:16 PM
awww well thanks for the answer!!

TDC Nala
10-13-2011, 02:23 PM
No, you can't use a credit and pay the difference for an item that would not be eligible for the credit you want to use.

I am moving this to the Dining Plan board. At the top of that board is a sticky thread called Confirmed Snacks Thread. It is a list of all the items DIS posters have reported being able to get for a snack credit (it is not an official snack list from Disney).

ccgirl
10-13-2011, 02:50 PM
Hello - Ok so I've never ever done the dining plan at Disney :guilty: Mainly it's because under normal circumstances I don't eat that much food and it was not cost effective for us!! Anyway, fast forward to me having free dining for my upcoming trip in December and I'm trying to plan how to spend my credits.

So my dd eats alot more than me and weighs a mere 100lbs :rolleyes1 so I was thinking of letting her use my CS credits and taking her snack credits instead. Now I know I can do that but what I want to know is can I add money to the snack credit? For example, I want a breakfast sandwich and it's $7.99. Can I ask them to use the snack credit and I pay the balace of $2.99 or do I have to specifically use the snack credit for something under $5.00 cut and dry?? I hope someone knows the answer to this and thanks as always!!

A snack credit isn't anything under $5.00. You will see the DDP symbol next to the eligible items. Not everything is included. In addition, you can only get the number of meals that is on your card. For example, if there were 3 of you, you could not order 4 meals even if you had enough credits. I think you would be surprised how much food is included. We were always stuffed! Don't forget, the CS meals also get a drink and a dessert!

dizprincess27
10-14-2011, 07:28 AM
Thanks for the replies. My purpose in doing this was b/c my dd has stomach issues and in order to maintain her weight she eats like 3000 to 4000 cal a day :eek: I however the one who has like 40 - 50 lbs to lose eats nowhere near that amount nor should I so I was thinking I'd give my dd my CS sometimes and take her snack. I can still do that and just buy something in addition if I'm still hungry but my original thought isn't an option since it's only certain foods that are eligible for snack credits.

I'm sure we'll figure it out though!!

sharonabe
10-14-2011, 08:19 AM
Is DD a Disney adult or Disney child? If she is a child, you could always just swap meals and you eat the kids' meals and she eats the adult meals. That way you both still have snack credits.

dizprincess27
10-14-2011, 08:35 AM
dd is an adult!!