PDA

View Full Version : That pesky CRT credit card hold

TBGOES2DISNEY
10-06-2011, 10:14 PM
I know this has been discussed in the past, and was wondering if anyone has dealt with this recently.

Well, I've been on the lookout for CRT for a couple of months, and one finally popped up yesterday, much to my surprise. So, I was booking it, and I was logged in with my reservation info. I thought it would connect the ADR to my reservation, and it did. However, it still charged my credit card. Grrr... I saw afterward that you have to click yet another thing in the dining section that says connect to my reservation. Maybe that would have made the difference...

Planning on calling about this, and I'm hoping they don't tell me I have to wait until the day we have our ADR to fix this. It's tying up over $200 - not the end of the world, but inconvenient.

Anybody deal with this recently? Thanks!

daraddg
10-06-2011, 10:17 PM
I had the same thing happen, I called Disney and they fixed it right away so that it is held with my DDP credits and refunded my card.They still keep the card # on file incase of a no show but nothing on my CC is on hold

TiggerTrigger
10-06-2011, 10:23 PM
I dealt with this back in August. It took two people on the phone to get it done (one to cxl and one to swoop in and get it back), but they were able to credit me the $ and change it to just the CC holding the adr.

TBGOES2DISNEY
10-06-2011, 10:34 PM
Well, that's good to hear, although I'm a little nervous about the swooping in thing... lol ... wouldn't want to lose the ADR.

Did you just call the dining line?

daraddg
10-06-2011, 10:40 PM
Yes I called dining and explained it accidentally charged my card,the CM said it happens all the time if you dont click on things just right and said it was no problem to fix,the money was refunded to my debit card right away.