PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading Child to Adult on QSDP

mbf
10-05-2011, 08:21 AM
I have seen various postings all over the boards about people who have decided to pay to upgrade their kids to Adults in order to get more variety on the QSDP but quite generally the kids tend to be in the 9-10 age range. My son is 7 and I would like to do this for him as well for our upcoming trip. What is the best way to go about it? Should I just call and ask to upgrade him for this reason?

I should mention we are going during a period of free dining so maybe that would make a difference in what people might think of this decision.

smitch425
10-05-2011, 08:24 AM
I have seen various postings all over the boards about people who have decided to pay to upgrade their kids to Adults in order to get more variety on the QSDP but quite generally the kids tend to be in the 9-10 age range. My son is 7 and I would like to do this for him as well for our upcoming trip. What is the best way to go about it? Should I just call and ask to upgrade him for this reason?

I should mention we are going during a period of free dining so maybe that would make a difference in what people might think of this decision.

All you have to do is call and tell the CM that you wish to upgrade him to an adult. You will have to pay the difference in park ticket price, which is around $25 or so. They will have to list his age as 10 in order for the system to allow it. People do it all the time and it is allowed by Disney so no matter what other replies you get on this thread, just know that you are not doing anything wrong. :thumbsup2 This topic is kind of a hot button issue around here. :rotfl: Have a great trip!

TDC Nala
10-05-2011, 08:24 AM
Call and say you want your kid to have the adult dining plan. You will need to buy an adult park ticket but according to past reports most CMs will do it no matter what the kid's age is. If you get a CM who won't do it call back and ask someone else. Disney has no specific "rule" about this as long as you buy the adult park ticket.

mbf
10-05-2011, 08:31 AM
Thanks. I wasn't sure what the protocol was regarding this.

vossjemi
10-05-2011, 09:38 AM
Is there a change fee? We are 3 weeks out and want to upgrade 9DS to Adult on basic plan. Its $23.43 since we only have a 3 day pass, but TA wasn't sure yet if Disney would charge a $10-15 change fee since our trip is 3 weeks out and paid in full.

TDC Nala
10-05-2011, 10:21 AM
They do usually charge a change fee if you make any changes to your package within a certain time, but I think it was two weeks - you'd better call now. The 45-day change fee is usually waived for an upgrade but the two-week one isn't.