PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining upgrade question

ShellyMouse
10-03-2011, 12:48 PM
hi, i think i know...but just making sure. :rotfl:

4, possibly 6 adults (girls trip :cool1: ) going to wdw in early feb for 6 nights. i was thinking ASM suites with free dining...but values only get quick service, correct?? is it the same for a suite?? we want regular Dp...but since its $99 extra per person for our stay to upgrade, then im thinking we might as well stay at a MOD...

is this correct?? any comments welcome!!! :thumbsup2

thanks so much!!

umieesa
10-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Yes, when staying at a value resort during free dining you are entitled to the QSDP for free. Only mods or deluxe would receive the DDP free. If you are sharing a room (assuming there's 4 of you) the cost to upgrade to a Mod as opposed to upgrading your plan would probably only be slightly more. Personally, I would pay the little extra and stay at the mod compared to the All Star resorts. It's probably only an extra $25 bucks or so per person on top of the $99, but the rooms have a fridge, are slightly bigger, and have the waterslides (if that matters). Either way I would get the DDP if it were "free" or pay to upgrade since I like having the TS meals.

Enjoy your trip!

ShellyMouse
10-03-2011, 01:45 PM
thanks...thats what i was thinking also. we definatley want TS meals!! we will probably go for a MOD....i just wasnt sure if the suites might get the reg dining plan...i wanted to make sure.

price at pop for 4, upgrading ddp $643 per person (preferred room)
@ POR or CBR including DDP is $654 each (reg room)
both with 5 day hoppers..

thats a no brainer!!! :woohoo: MOD it is!!

thanks again!!:wizard:

umieesa
10-03-2011, 06:58 PM
Ya for that price I would definitely make the switch! I love Pop, but the fridge is handy and Port Orleans is a beautiful resort , not to mention there are the beignets at POFQ!! ;)

sharonabe
10-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Be careful, though, you can't put 6 adults in ONE room at a mod. So, do you have 4 adults or 6? With 6, you'll have to do two rooms.