PDA

View Full Version : Why Am I Getting Quoted 2012 Rates for the DDP When Our Trip is in Two Weeks?

markandhillary
09-30-2011, 02:12 PM
Guys, I tried to find a thread addressing this and couldn't.

We are debating adding the DDP (eh, the "Plus" one... snack, CS, TS per person per day) and two CMs have quoted me $52/day for the adults and $16/day for the little one. Aren't those next year's prices?

I was going to make a case about the old prices, but I couldn't find it "officially" listed on the Disney site anywhere. Any ideas on how to approach this? According to the sticky, we are going during off-peak times and it should be $45.99/per adult and $11.99 per child.

Thanks! Mark

wishicouldgomoreofte
09-30-2011, 03:53 PM
Well, if your trip is in 2 weeks, they are just plan wrong. Call back, and if they quote wrong again, correct them, pointing out the dates you are talking about are NOW--2011.
Are you able to go into your reservation online?
If so, you may be able to add DDP online.

havoc315
09-30-2011, 04:41 PM
CMs themselves are not given the actual price of the dining plan. Disney likes to hold the phony position that the dining plan doesn't have a component price, that it can only be priced within a package.
So CMs are basically trained to simply say it's "less than $52 per night..." I guess to prevent confusion, they have the CMs just using the 2012 price.

BUT... When they actually give you the full package price, the correct dining plan price should be factored in. So ask for a quote with the dining plan, and a quote without the dining plan. If you then whip out the calculator, you should find you are being quoted the correct price. (Though it's absolutely ridiculous that you can't just get a straight answer from the CM).

Cafeen
10-02-2011, 11:50 PM
CMs have been given the 2012 nightly prices (or at least the approximates), but not any before then. So, they only prices they have are the 2012 ones. Since they know next to nothing about how things work at the world, more than likely have never even visited WDW, and they have to give an answer other than "I don't know", it leads to misinformation. (Yeah, I'm one of those who trusts the phone CMs as far as I can throw them, heck, I'll take a bus driver's word over a phone CM's, at least as to how WDW actually works).

When I had dropped down to DDP to pay off my trip, the CM stated that she "just looked up the price and it was ~$52 per night. Since I knew this was wrong, and had already done the math, I knew the difference between Dx and DDP and just let her process it. The difference came out to my numbers (which she didn't even notice) and everything was good. Same deal happened when I upgraded back to Dx. She only had the 2012 prices (and actually said that they were the 2012s) and asked me the original quote to make sure they lined up. The computer got everything right again (plus $15 since I upgraded a week before the trip).

When the package is actually calculated, the correct price SHOULD show up.

CMs themselves are not given the actual price of the dining plan. Disney likes to hold the phony position that the dining plan doesn't have a component price, that it can only be priced within a package.
So CMs are basically trained to simply say it's "less than $52 per night..." I guess to prevent confusion, they have the CMs just using the 2012 price.

BUT... When they actually give you the full package price, the correct dining plan price should be factored in. So ask for a quote with the dining plan, and a quote without the dining plan. If you then whip out the calculator, you should find you are being quoted the correct price. (Though it's absolutely ridiculous that you can't just get a straight answer from the CM).
If you couldn't tell, I totally agree with the bolded part :p