PDA

View Full Version : Did you ever have an ADR for too many people?

Coconuts
09-29-2011, 05:50 PM
I have been searching for an elusive ADR for our November trip. I have a family of 5, which isn't easy to find ADR's for:headache:, and I read on the Disboards that sometimes you can find tables for 6 more easily. Well, I finally found an ADR, but it's for 6 not 5. If I book the ADR, will we be turned away at the restaurant? Do I call Disney Dining to change the amount of people or do I wait until we get to the ADR?:confused3

Thanks for the input.:goodvibes

mommyof3princess27
09-30-2011, 08:09 AM
Iv made a ADR for 10 ppl and only 8 show up. No big deal:) the couple cancelled 3 days before our trip and I wasnt cancelling all our ADR's

Pakey
09-30-2011, 10:02 AM
On our middle trip there last year, we were a party of 6 and one person cancelled last minute. Every ADR for the week was for 6 and only 5 of us went. It was never a problem. At most places, a 5 person reservation is going to sit at a 6 top table anyway.

goofyintoronto
09-30-2011, 10:06 AM
On our middle trip there last year, we were a party of 6 and one person cancelled last minute. Every ADR for the week was for 6 and only 5 of us went. It was never a problem. At most places, a 5 person reservation is going to sit at a 6 top table anyway.

I agree with the above. I would keep it as it is. You will need a table top of 6 anyway for 5 ppl. So just leave it. The system is very tricky with odd numbers for some reason.

MAD4EEYORE
10-01-2011, 01:42 AM
I'm going through the same thing with my family of 3. There are plenty of tables for 4 but none for 3. :confused3 I don't get it as we will need to sit at a table for 4 anyways.

What happens when you use a CC to book? We would like to book Akershus. How would that work? Would I need to cancel the 4th guest? Would they make me cancel the whole ressie? There isn't anything available for 3.

Missyrose
10-01-2011, 09:39 PM
I'm going through the same thing with my family of 3. There are plenty of tables for 4 but none for 3. :confused3 I don't get it as we will need to sit at a table for 4 anyways.

What happens when you use a CC to book? We would like to book Akershus. How would that work? Would I need to cancel the 4th guest? Would they make me cancel the whole ressie? There isn't anything available for 3.

Go ahead and book the four-person ADR then call and change the ADR to three people to avoid the extra charge.

MAD4EEYORE
10-01-2011, 10:08 PM
Thank You so much! That's what I will do.