PDA

View Full Version : Chefs de France Prix Fixe on DP?

Sydnerella
09-28-2011, 09:10 PM
We have an ADR for dinner at CDF in Epcot. I read the menu on Allears and am wondering if you can order the prix fixe meals on the regular dining plan? It seems cheaper than ordering an entree and dessert separate so I cannot imagine why it would be an issue, but....

Also, does Remy somehow appear here? :confused3 If so, how is this done - each table or only certain locations?

In a similar vein - can kids get the kids complete meals where they are offered as part of the kids dining plan?

Thanks,
Sydnerella's Mama

ncc1701
09-28-2011, 09:21 PM
You can use a TS credit for the Prix Fixe meal.
There are certain times that Remi does his loop.I' m sure there is a thread on the DIS with that info. We have eaten there a couple of times and had great meals

purple figment
09-29-2011, 12:30 AM
Yes, you can order the prixe fixe menu on the regular dining plan (DDP), but there are no substitutions allowed.

Remy makes his rounds Monday - Saturday, starting at 12:30, 1:40, 2:50 and 5:20. He does not appear on Sunday.

He visits each table and you must be seated to meet him. If you are in the process of being seated or not at your table when he comes by you will miss him. He does not come back and you cannot go over to him. Because of this I recommend that you make your reservation no later than 30 minutes before he starts his rounds.

Also, he's a highly sophisticated audio-animatronic figure that can break down unexpectedly and not appear so I would not promise your children that they will see him. Instead, let his visit be a surprise.

Sydnerella
09-29-2011, 10:55 AM
:thumbsup2 Thanks, our ADR is for 6 people at 5PM. I am thinking we will show up at 4:45 for it to be safe.... thoughts? And I will not tell the kiddos. Any suggestions on where to request seating if at all possible to see Remy - or at least places where we will miss him and wont want to sit.

Synderella's Mama

havoc315
09-29-2011, 11:06 AM
They wheel him around on a cart to all the tables. I've heard he breaks down often.

purple figment
09-29-2011, 01:16 PM
You should show up at 4:45 anyway since it is recommended that you arrive 15 minutes early at any reservation.

We've been fortunate and seen him everytime.

wishicouldgomoreofte
09-30-2011, 05:00 PM
It seems like Chefs is frequently late in their seating, just to let you know.
The only time I have ever been seated at reservation time is when my reservation coincided with the restaurant opening for the day.
We have had a 20-60 minutes past reservation time wait, with just a party of 1 or 2. Maybe they don't have enough 2-tops?:confused3
In which case, you may miss Remy too.

I like the prix fixe menu. I really enjoy the lobster bisque.