PDA

View Full Version : Anyone do a "welcome basket" to Universal?

heatherenae71
09-27-2011, 07:54 AM
We're doing a split stay at Universal and WDW. For when we get to Disney, I have a basket of items I'll set out in the room to surprise the kids with (it contains an autograph book, a pressed penny book - with rolls of pennies and quarters, lanyards and some trading pins, a Mr. Potato head and a plush Goofy and Minnie.)

Should I put something together for when we're at Universal? Are autograph books and pressed penny machines a big deal there? I've read that pin trading isn't as big as it is at Disney. What would be some other items unique to Universal I could throw in?

My kids will be 8 and 4...my son will love Harry Potter, the marvel comics and Jurassic park (and heck, probably even Dr. Seuss) - oh and Men in Black and Mummy ride!!!...my daughter will be giddy about meeting Spongebob and Dora, and also Dr. Seuss :goodvibes

rkandmjsmommy
09-27-2011, 08:24 AM
YES you can get a autograph book, we saw Dora/Diego, Spongebob, Scooby/SHaggy, shrek/donkey

and my 9 Year old LOVES the pressed pennies!

dsmom
09-27-2011, 08:56 AM
we do the pressed pennies and autograph book too

lots of great pins also - we have the Cat in the Hat lanyards

ccgirl
09-27-2011, 10:17 AM
Great question. Thanks for asking. We are doing Universal for the first time with kids in a few months. I've never been with kids so this will be a whole new experience for us. I didn't realize characters were even there.

keishashadow
09-27-2011, 10:52 AM
You can trade pins with any TM wearing a lanyard:thumbsup2

So many really cute plush & other souvieneers in the park i've not seen elsewhere, not to forget the thing #1 & thing #2 t-shirts;). You could just buy a gift card for each child and enclose in a greeting card addressed from their favorite charactar.

rkandmjsmommy
09-27-2011, 02:34 PM
You can trade pins with any TM wearing a lanyard:thumbsup2

So many really cute plush & other souvieneers in the park i've not seen elsewhere, not to forget the thing #1 & thing #2 t-shirts;). You could just buy a gift card for each child and enclose in a greeting card addressed from their favorite charactar.

and to add to the thing 1 and thing 2, there is a "mother of all things" and a "father of all things" SO CUTE!!!