PDA

View Full Version : Can we have DDP for a portion of stay?

Gmouse
09-27-2011, 02:14 AM
Everytime I think I am done with questions-something else pops into my head! THANK you to all that answer this and my 100 prev questions! :laughing:
We have 10 nights on our trip. There may be a day or 2 that we migth want to go outside of the "world" and won't need the DDP. Is it possible to NOT add the DDP for all 10 days? Could we say add DDP for 6 days, use some, then go elsewhere, then back to the "world" to use the rest? I don't want to pay $130+ per day for food credits we won't use. Can we use one of our credits one morning for breakfast and the rest of the day be spent elsewhere, the next day spend elsewhere and come back and use a credit? That would give us extra credits at the end?? Does the trip consist of credits as a whole and doesn't matter what day or how many we use per day?? I THINK that is the way it worked last trip, not sure about now.
I know we get 1QS, 1TS, 1 snack, how much it is and all that stuff..just need to know about how to get it for some of the days...or using only some a couple of the days.

aubriee
09-27-2011, 03:36 AM
The only ones that can do that are people who are staying on DVC points, otherwise the DDP must be for the length of your stay. You don't have to use credits every day though. If you want to go do things offsite for a few days you can, but you'll still have to buy the DDP for those days. Maybe book a few 2 credit Signature restuarants to use up those credits. You can use the credits in any order you want. You can not use any for a few days, then use three a day if you want or you can use some in the morning before you go offsite, then come back that night and use one for dinner if you want. If you have any left at the end of the stay, you have until midnight of check out day to use them.

TDC Nala
09-27-2011, 05:58 AM
Even DVC can't do this anymore. The ability to "segment" DVC reservations in order to have different dining plans on each segment without having to change rooms was discontinued as of September 6. The DDP is now an all or nothing option. The only way to split dining plans is to do a split stay, with completely separate room reservations.

This means that those who do a split stay in the same resort run the risk of having to change rooms, and those who do a split stay on package reservations (except AP holders and the military room discount) have to deal with the ticket purchase requirement to make all their separate reservations into packages to which dining can be added.

If you want the dining plan, and you don't want to split your stay, it will have to be for the full 10 nights, for everyone registered in the room except the child who is under 3. You can determine ways to use the credits even if you will not be at WDW for some of your trip, at least the table service credits, by planning to eat at some signature restaurants.

You will receive all of the credits in a lump sum as soon as you check in; it's up to you when and how you use them. The only thing you can't do is order more meals than you have persons on the plan (you'll apparently have three "Disney adults" on your plan and an infant who will not be on the plan. With three adults on your key card, you won't be able to go into a restaurant and order four meals and pay for the fourth meal with DDP.)

aubriee
09-27-2011, 11:40 AM
Even DVC can't do this anymore. The ability to "segment" DVC reservations in order to have different dining plans on each segment without having to change rooms was discontinued as of September 6.

oops! Sorry, I didn't know it had changed for DVCers.:blush:

Gmouse
09-27-2011, 12:17 PM
That' ok! Things are always changing there. Never know from one day to the next what the rules are! :confused3 Thanks to both of you!
We are renting DVC points and it is booked. Not chancing loosing our rooms trying for a split stay, if that was allowed now. We booked almost a year ago and requested a specific area...not guaranteed, but we at least have a request in EARLY :)
Just so I am clear- It DOES NOT MATTER when or where we use our credits as long as we don't order #4 plate-which would be entirely too MUCH food anyway! :sick:
we'll have a total of 10 credits of each TS, QS and snacks. For instance we do off site for 3 days (probably only 2 but we'll say 3) - we'd have a build up of 3 extra TS credits per person and those could be used either: adding with our other credits for a signature TS dinners, OR a extra totally seperate 1 credit TS dinner/breakfast somewhere?? Same also for QS credits- have an extra QS dinner somewhere-like maybe the day w leave or something.
Or if we eat 2 QS meals in a day and no TS meals, and on another day we'd have thoseTS credits to use........ sorry if that all doesn't make sense...trying to make sense of it all and have this down soon...my mind is TIRED! :laughing:
and that is what we did before-we had extra QS because we came in late on our 1st day and used TS that night. We never had a build up of TS. And we had snack credits at the end we used up in Germany for some awesome CHOCOATES!! :woohoo: just wasn't sure if the TS,QS would build up the same now....

SnipsNSnails
09-27-2011, 09:33 PM
Yes you've got it. You can use 0 TS one day and do a signature another or have a TS breakfast and TS dinner another. You have from when you check-in until midnight of the day you check out to use those credits. If you will have a cooler, you could consider taking sandwiches to go when you go offsite for lunch too.

Gmouse
09-28-2011, 01:37 AM
Yes you've got it. You can use 0 TS one day and do a signature another or have a TS breakfast and TS dinner another. You have from when you check-in until midnight of the day you check out to use those credits. If you will have a cooler, you could consider taking sandwiches to go when you go offsite for lunch too.

Good :) Yes....a cooler for offsite would be a great idea..seeing as we're paying enough for 10 days of DDP to buy about 3 months worth of groceries! :eek:

gigi1313
09-28-2011, 07:03 AM
Here's a breakout of how you could use your TS credits w/a few off-site days... we've done this (10 nights, 2 days offsite)

day 1: check in, dinner 1 TS
day 2: MK, 1TS b'fast, 1TS dinner
day 3: offsite
day 4: offsite
day 5: Ep, 2TS b'fast, 1TS dinner
day 6: DHS, 1TS dinner
day 7: AK, 1TS lunch
day 8: Ep, 1TS dinner
day 9: MK, 1TS dinner

that's 10 TS and you have yet to use your CS... here are those credits:
day 1: 1CS lunch
day 2: snacks
day 3: 1CS b'fast, 1CS sandwiches to go, late night snacks
day 4: 1CS b'fast, 1CS late night pizza
day 5: snacks
day 6: 1 CS b'fast, 1CS lunch
day 7: 1CS b'fast, snacks
day 8: 1CS b'fast
day 9: 1CS b'fast

they really can (and will) go quicker than you realize if you eat two to three meals per day... even w/the extra offsite days, a simple 2TS meal or 2 TS meals in one day will quickly make it so you don't lose credits... since you are staying DVC, you could also grab some to-go food and put it in your fridge... my kids enjoy disney pizza for b'fast, so grabbing a whole pie (2CS credits) at night would make them very happy in the a.m.!!