PDA

View Full Version : Need help with FJ!!!

dsmom
09-26-2011, 08:03 PM
O.K. Thanks to everyone's help here:worship: I managed to do the

Simpson's and Cat in the Hat (don't laugh- I HATE spinning!)

on our next trip - in October - i would like to do FJ - how would it compare to

Simpson's and Spiderman? I did both and LOVED them!

Also - how bad is the spinning in MIB compared to Cat in the Hat? Did that

also and loved it.

and ...for the final question - no laughing here either - I have never in my life

been on a roller coaster - which one should I start with - Woody or FOTH ??

Thanks again for any and all help:)

BrinkofSunshine
09-26-2011, 08:14 PM
FJ is like Spiderman and Simpsons but a little more intense movement- mostly the effect of going flat on your back. There's no spinning like Cat or MIB, but more of a swinging motion between scenes. If you can do the others and love them, you should be fine :)

In terms of coasters- either is probably fine! I haven't been on Woody in years but I think they're basically the same thing. Maybe whichever one you're closest to at the time you're feeling brave?

PS. My first upside-down coaster was the Hulk- was absolutely terrified. Now I'm a coaster junkie :D good luck!

dsmom
09-26-2011, 08:34 PM
thanks for the quick reply! i think i can get up my nerve for FJ- how fast are

you actually moving? i just hate drops! i could never do Hulk EVER!!:scared1:

where are you going to college in NYC? Florida is my home but i went to college in NYC - Pace Univ. (ages ago!)

mesaboy2
09-26-2011, 08:57 PM
I think Woody Woodpecker is a little milder than Hippogriff. WW definitely is not as high.

You don't move all that fast on FJ. You're on a slow moving belt, but riding on the end of a robotic arm. The movements are fluid and smooth, and it doesn't really have any drops. You will be oriented all sorts of ways, including on your back a couple of times, but you never go upside down.

BrinkofSunshine
09-26-2011, 08:57 PM
I've heard the speed of each FJ vehicle along the track is somewhere between 3 and 8 miles per hour. The actual swinging motion might be a little faster but really the "speed" comes from the screen's images. There's no drops on FJ, either :thumbsup2

SmallWorld71
09-26-2011, 09:06 PM
Personally, I find Flight of the Hippogriff to be the most enjoyable kiddie coaster in Orlando. (The one at SeaWorld is boring, Goofy's Barnstormer used to leave me feeling a bit ill.) Woody Woodpecker is OK, but for some reason:confused3 I just find FOTH to be a smoother ride and willingly rode it multiple times with DD.

damo
09-26-2011, 09:22 PM
If you can handle the spinning on Cat in the Hat (multiple times in a row with your son, may I add) you will be fine on MIB. If you can do Spiderman and Simpsons, you should have no problem on FJ. It is very smooth. The first time is kinda sensory overload but after that it is great.

dsmom
09-27-2011, 09:30 AM
thanks everyone!! i think i can work up the nerve now to do FJ and both

kiddie coasters - the one at Seaworld sounds great( i can handle boring!)

BrinkofSunshine- good luck with UCF - and i know what you mean about EXPENSIVE - i came back home to Florida too!

the only thing that scares me about MIB is the ending - i'm told the spinning on the end is pretty bad? How bad are we talking about??