PDA

View Full Version : Coffee with dessert on dining plans?

bostontim
09-26-2011, 08:16 PM
I am just curious, is coffee allowed as a second beverage with dessert on dining plans, or is only one beverage type included during the meal?

Phatoomch
09-26-2011, 08:49 PM
I had coffee a couple of times (last week) with dessert and never had to pay anything extra but I don't know if this is the norm or whether the restaurant decided to overlook it - I never thought about it. The only time we paid for a beverage was when my daughter had a souvenier cup with a meal.

POOHsie
09-26-2011, 10:09 PM
DD and I ordered coffee and dessert after a GF Cafe meal on DDP. We were charged, but the server brought us a press-pot service for two, for the price of regular coffee. That was super-good!

CajunMomof3
09-26-2011, 10:10 PM
I think it really depends on the server. I have had to pay OOP, and I have not...

Mikey'swife
09-26-2011, 10:16 PM
I was never charged for coffee and I drink a soda with dinner. Yachtman even included the press pot. I was on the dxdp if that matters.

catne
09-26-2011, 10:57 PM
have eaten at 50+ Disney restaurants and would say it totally depends on the server. We have been charged for coffee after having soda with the meal. And other times we have declined the coffee when offered,saying "we already had our dining plan beverage" and the waiter says "oh I can give you coffee with your dessert, not an issue."

Our experience has been they're more apt to charge you for the 2nd beverage (the coffee) at Non-Disney-owned restaurants...places like Les Chefs, Via Napoli, San Angel in Epcot...Yak & Yeti at Animal Kingdom...Maya Grill at Coronado Springs and so on. The Disney-owned places seem much more flexible with the little extras.

clanmcculloch
09-28-2011, 01:29 PM
If the restaurant is an all you can eat type of restaurant then you can have as many different non-alcoholic beverages as you'd like and you won't be charged anything extra (though if you're making your server run around getting tons of drinks, consider that at the end of your meal). If you're at a restaurant where you order off the menu and pay for what you order then plan on being charged and if you aren't then consider it a bonus. Technically you are supposed to be charged since the DDP only covers 1 drink.