PDA

View Full Version : QSDP, Food & Wine and Snacking 'Round the World!

dansamy
09-24-2011, 08:33 PM
We're going 10/09-10/14. We'll only have 3 day tickets and we'll be attending a YES class on cultures at EPCOT WS on 10/11. One of our other day's ticket will also be used for EPCOT. With two days in EPCOT during F&W, I was considering adding the QSDP to take advantage of the two snacks per person per day. We have to eat anyway and I'm not likely to want to spend the time at TS meals since it's a fairly short trip. But, paying OOP for 2 CS meals per day plus trying lots of snacks at EPCOT, I think we would either break even or come out a tiny bit "ahead". We'll want new mugs anyway. We don't have this year's mug yet! :rotfl:

There's 5 of us. 4 Disney "adults" and a child. We would use all the snack credits at F&W. We would buy those snacks OOP if we didn't get the plan. We will buy new mugs with or without the plan, as we don't have the new design yet and we'll refill it at least enough times to "break even" on the cost. The rest of the time, we'll be eating CS at the parks, the resorts or DTD.

dansamy
09-26-2011, 10:44 AM
Okie. I did the math. After subtracting for the mugs and snacks (at $4 each), we would need to spend about $9.70/meal to break even.

TDC Nala
09-26-2011, 11:37 AM
You can't do the dining plan on YES tickets. Are the tickets for all of your park days YES tickets?

Only way I think you can do this is if you are a DVC member staying on points. Otherwise you're going to have to buy tickets as part of a package.

dansamy
09-26-2011, 11:40 AM
Sorry, should have mentioned we are DVC! :)

TDC Nala
09-26-2011, 11:43 AM
You get two CS meals per night you stay, not per day. And if you were going to purchase drinks and desserts anyway you most likely can easily get meals worth more than $10.

dansamy
09-26-2011, 11:51 AM
Yes. Per night. It would give us a total of 50 CS credits and 50 snacks. 2 lunches and 1 dinner would be food and wine snacks. That's three F&W snacks for each of those "meals". We'd pay oop for drinks to go with those snackish meals. Some of the larger meals, we can split. I think I can cover most of our eating just with the QSDP. That would leave 50 CS credits to cover 10 or so meals. We normally buy drinks to go with our food. We're not big on water with our meals. We drink water walking around in the parks.

Jeanieblue114
09-26-2011, 07:52 PM
I also think that traditionally many of the food and wine booth items are more than 4 dollars so you can actually get some value out of the quick service plan during that time.
I don't see it as a good value any other way really.
It's kinda a break even plan IF you actually add in a few high ticket things and make sure to skip the super cheap snack options.

dansamy
09-29-2011, 07:54 PM
Rough estimate comparison:

Mugs: $74.90 (I'm buying these this trip anyway. Getting them on the QSDP is just a bonus.)

10/09 - Check-in day. DTD. WPE and Cooke's for lunch and dinner. Average meal cost: $16 (*5*2 = $160 OOP)

10/10 - Epcot (tentatively) 3 snacks per person per "meal" from the F&W booths for lunch and dinner. Average cost: $11 (*5*2 = $110 OOP)

10/11 - YES class at Epcot. 3 more snacks per person for lunch. Average cost: $11 (*5 = $55 OOP) MNSSHP. Probably Cosmic Ray's or Pecos Bill's. Average meal cost: $13 (*5 = $65 OOP)

10/12 - DHS. Probably Fairfax Fare and Studio Catering. Average cost: $14 (*5*2 = $140)

10/13 - Free day. Lunch and dinner undetermined. ($13*5*2 = $130)

10/14 Check out. Lunch in DTD before hitting the road. (15*5=$75)

2 breakfasts at an average of $10 (*5*2 = $100)

5 more snacks at $3 for a total of $15.

Total estimated OOP, including breakfasts, $924.90. Total price for QSDP $759.95. With QSDP, I would save almost $165. What time does Mara open for breakfast? :rotfl: I might actually do better OOP, even with eating all those $$ snacks. :rotfl: I also wouldn't be limited to a kid's meal for DS9, who eats like a starving POW, which means he'd be eating my food, while I'm eating the kid's meal! :rotfl:

dansamy
10-16-2011, 11:33 PM
Well, I decided to do OOP. I added up all my receipts and we spent $702 for the entire time, including meals on the way down and back.