PDA

View Full Version : Paying tax on Dining Plan

thetacoman
09-24-2011, 02:07 AM
Hi everyone!

We'll be back at the World soon but I know the Dining Plan has changed since we were there last about 3 years ago.

Back then, for Table Service, we received a non-alcoholic beverage, appetizer, entree, dessert and no tax/gratuity.

My current understanding is that we no longer receive the appetizer and have to pay a gratuity.

Here's my question.

I had heard that on the dining plan, you know pay the tax at table service meals as well.

Considering we're doing mostly character buffets, that will add up (obviously nothing like paying for the meal, but still...).

So, I called Disney Dining tonight and the cast member said she was looking up the info (I would think if you work for Disney dining--this might be common knowledge?!!) and she first said, "You pay tax and gratuity on table service meals AND tax on Counter Service".

I questioned that and she kept looking and then apologized and said that the only thing we will pay is gratuity on table service--she clearly said no tax on table service or counter service.

Can anyone confirm or deny what she is telling me?

I would appreciate any help! Thanks!

mom2of2
09-24-2011, 05:09 AM
The only OOP expenses will be tip and anything you order extra. That's it! Enjoy!

WantToGoNow
09-24-2011, 10:48 AM
Unless something has changed since last December, we have never had to pay the tax - it's included with the credits.

tinka-belle
09-24-2011, 02:13 PM
The 6.5% tax is already included in all the dining plans. When you call WDW you are getting a call center, sometimes not even located in Florida, and most of those CM's have never even been to WDW or used a dining plan. The call center people try to be helpful, but they often give out wrong information!

I was using a DDP a few weeks ago, all taxes included!

LJSquishy
09-25-2011, 01:25 AM
The others are correct in that the only out of pocket expenses on the dining plan are gratuities at table service meals and any extra food/beverage items not covered by your dining plan. Taxes are included in the prices of the dining plans so you will not be charged a separate tax amount on items covered by the dining plan. Table service or counter service, it doesn't cost you anything. :)

gonzalj1
09-25-2011, 08:56 AM
I can cofnirm that tax is included in the Dining Plan. Assuming you stay within the boundaries of the DDp (entree, desert and non-alcoholic beverage) you will not be charged tax.

Of course, should you order something not covered by the DDP (say a nice margarita with dinner, just as an example :rolleyes1) you'll be responsible for the tax.

HTH