PDA

View Full Version : Question about character breakfast at IOA...

disneynova
09-23-2011, 05:12 PM
Hi, has anyone done the IOA character breakfast at Confisco Grille restaurant? Any reviews or suggestions? This is the only character breakfast in US or IOA right? Thank you so much for any help!:thumbsup2

Zim
09-23-2011, 08:54 PM
We love this and set it up every time we go to Universal. It doesn't seem to be terribly popular though, it's never been very crowded (we are there during the off season, but they only offer it Thursday and Sunday, so I would have thought it's be more crowded).

ANYWAY... we really enjoy it. The food is mediocre at best, it goes along the same quality as a hotel buffet breakfast. Tepid and bland. But if Thing 1 and Thing 2 are there, as I recall they DO serve green eggs with the ham :)

We go for the characters, Spiderman talks to you and he is GREAT! The kids are always beaming after he leaves the table. If we're at a booth he has a penchant to hop up on the bench back and surprise them which was cool.

Don't tell Thing 1 and Thing 2 NOT to do something, because chances are they WILL do it. Like pouring salt into my mom's coffee (she wasn't amused) but WE were!

The characters spend a good amount of time with you, to me it beats Disney character breakfasts every time because the restaurant is only so big and usually only half filled, so they aren't posing, signing and dashing to the next table.

disneynova
09-23-2011, 10:23 PM
We love this and set it up every time we go to Universal. It doesn't seem to be terribly popular though, it's never been very crowded (we are there during the off season, but they only offer it Thursday and Sunday, so I would have thought it's be more crowded).

ANYWAY... we really enjoy it. The food is mediocre at best, it goes along the same quality as a hotel buffet breakfast. Tepid and bland. But if Thing 1 and Thing 2 are there, as I recall they DO serve green eggs with the ham :)

We go for the characters, Spiderman talks to you and he is GREAT! The kids are always beaming after he leaves the table. If we're at a booth he has a penchant to hop up on the bench back and surprise them which was cool.

Don't tell Thing 1 and Thing 2 NOT to do something, because chances are they WILL do it. Like pouring salt into my mom's coffee (she wasn't amused) but WE were!

The characters spend a good amount of time with you, to me it beats Disney character breakfasts every time because the restaurant is only so big and usually only half filled, so they aren't posing, signing and dashing to the next table.

Great! Thank you for the information! :thumbsup2 Do you know if can i see Shrek, Shaggy or Scooby here? Is the tip included? :idea:

disneynova
09-23-2011, 10:27 PM
This information still available???:confused3

.................................................. .................................................. .
Character dining 6:30 pm-9:30 pm Friday evenings at PBH (Scooby and Curious George)
Character dining 6:30 pm-9:30 pm Sat. evenings at HRH (Scooby and Shrek)
Character dining 6:30 pm-9:30 pm Mon and Tues evenings at RPH (Mondays have Scooby and Shaggy, Tuesdays have Shrek & Fiona)
Confisco has character breakfasts Sunday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday 9am - 10:30 am. Sundays characters are Spiderman, Cat in the Hat, Dora, Curious George and others. Thursdays characters are Spiderman and Cat in the Hat.
Fridays are Spiderman, Cat in the Hat, Dora, Curious George and others. Same for Saturday
.................................................. .................................................. .

macraven
09-23-2011, 11:22 PM
i thought a lot of the food was very good.

but then, if i don't have to cook it or clean up after it, i think it's good... jk

i had a late ressie and food was replenished constantly.
many choices on the buffet.

the characters are delightful, very entertaining.
you can take as many pictures as you want.
you are not rushed.

i think the reason that many over look going to this breakfast is it takes time out of going for the park rides.

you can sit at a booth or table.
i prefer the booths as they line around the walls,
the tables are not.

lovenmickey
09-25-2011, 07:59 AM
anyone know of any other places that have character meals??? and which characters you can see?

macraven
09-25-2011, 01:31 PM
anyone know of any other places that have character meals??? and which characters you can see?

character dinners at the hotels onsite. usually anytime after 4:30
the characters switch at times.
could be the simpsons, could be scooby doo