PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Meal Deal

patty57
09-22-2011, 01:02 PM
Hello, We're thinking of taking my son and a few of his friends in June 2012 for a high school graduation present. This seems like it might be a reasonably priced way to feed four teen-aged boys. Is the food decent? I'm sure it's not great, but is it okay? Also, is this like the Disney Dining Plan where you have to book it as part of a package with tickets etc?
Thanks for any info. Patty

Metro West
09-22-2011, 01:36 PM
Hello, We're thinking of taking my son and a few of his friends in June 2012 for a high school graduation present. This seems like it might be a reasonably priced way to feed four teen-aged boys. Is the food decent? I'm sure it's not great, but is it okay? Also, is this like the Disney Dining Plan where you have to book it as part of a package with tickets etc?
Thanks for any info. Patty The meal deal would be perfect for four teenaged boys who like to eat a lot. The food is decent but it's standard theme park fare. There are three places in each park in which to eat. You can purchase the meal deal at any time and does not have to be purchased as part of a package. I'm sure they will get their money's worth.

patty57
09-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Thanks so much for the info. I'm glad it doesn't have to be part of a package, so my husband and I can eat at some of the restaurants. Maybe I should feel a little guilty about it...but I don't.
Do you pay for it at the resort, or the parks?

Metro West
09-22-2011, 03:19 PM
Thanks so much for the info. I'm glad it doesn't have to be part of a package, so my husband and I can eat at some of the restaurants. Maybe I should feel a little guilty about it...but I don't.
Do you pay for it at the resort, or the parks? You can purchase the meal deal at either park when you arrive. There are big signs in front of the stores that sell it.

patty57
09-22-2011, 03:54 PM
Thank you again.

LauriM
09-28-2011, 09:12 PM
we absolutely hated the meal plan (including my teens). the offerings are so limited that you have to choose from, that you end up having to eat the same cheap food over and over. We stayed 3 days and on the last day ended up not using our paid for meals, just because we couldnt stand to thank about eating the same food again

dsmom
09-29-2011, 09:36 AM
we just got back and loved the meal deal! and i ended up not eating one

hamburger while on the deal.

i thought it had a good variety - i had chix tenders, grilled chix sandwich, fruit plate, sweet and sour chix, beef and broccoli, fried chix platter with mashed
potatoes and corn on the cob, pizza, meatball sub, alfredo noodles,and a great caesar salad.

damo
09-29-2011, 10:09 AM
Here are the counter service restaurants: http://www.universalorlando.com/Restaurants/Meal-Deal-Information.aspx

You can check the menus here and see if you think the variety is enough

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2681315

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
09-29-2011, 02:36 PM
we just got back and loved the meal deal! and i ended up not eating one

hamburger while on the deal.

i thought it had a good variety - i had chix tenders, grilled chix sandwich, fruit plate, sweet and sour chix, beef and broccoli, fried chix platter with mashed
potatoes and corn on the cob, pizza, meatball sub, alfredo noodles,and a great caesar salad.

Do you remember what kinds of desserts were offered as part of the Meal Deal? I have checked the links to the menus but the desserts really aren't listed (or the ones that you can see are excluded). Just wondering if the dessert inclusions are similar to the quick-service desserts at Disney (which seemed to be pretty much the same at each QS restaurant on the dining plan).

Is is all "sweet stuff", and is there much selection? Can you get fresh fruit anywhere?

dsmom
09-29-2011, 02:54 PM
i got a fruit plate as my meal at a couple of the resturants.

the desserts were a lemon bundt cake, choc. chip cookies, a jello and whip topping dessert, and a square choc. cake.

disneypharm
09-29-2011, 08:46 PM
On the links provided by Damo, I saw some ice cream and snacks. So, if you are on the meal plan you can go during the day and get anything you want or there is a limit like Disney dining plan?
Thanks