PDA

View Full Version : Transport to Universal

CurlyJo224
09-18-2011, 11:34 PM
I just booked the hotel for next month's trip through Priceline, and while it's a very nice hotel, it's a little farther from Universal than we'd hoped.

I'm just looking at options. We have a rental car, but DH would prefer to avoid parking fees and parking lot craziness as much as possible. The hotel offers a shuttle, but sometimes the hotel shuttles schedules are inconvenient ("What do you mean the last shuttle back is two hours before park closing?"). I looked at the I Drive Trolley, but it doesn't really stop close to the park.

Are there any other options I'm missing?

Metro West
09-19-2011, 06:34 AM
Unless you have a car or will take a cab, you're going to be on someone else's schedule for a shuttle. It will certainly be easier to have your own transportation so you can come and go when you want but I understand about not wanting to pay $15.00/day to park in the garage.

Seeker615
09-19-2011, 07:35 AM
I'm not sure how far you are from the park but we used Mears to get to the Magic Kingdom and back. It cost us $19 a piece for round trip. We were able to stay till well after closing.

Where we stayed was very close to Universal. We could walk if we felt like it but after a few near misses on that awful road we opted to shuttle in using the hotel's free shuttle and then take a cab back when we were ready. It cost us $5.00!

Planogirl
09-19-2011, 10:27 AM
The parking fee is a pain but I'll just mention that the parking is covered and we have very rarely run into any traffic jams. The parking is at least nice IMO.

CurlyJo224
09-20-2011, 11:50 PM
Thanks for all the input! :)

The trolley goes almost everywhere else we need to go, so we may end up only having to drive to Universal.