PDA

View Full Version : Which time is the best to go to Universal??

redheadtove
09-18-2011, 05:19 PM
I have so many questions about Universal its not even funny, but I figure I will start with a few and I will take it from there. ;) . I do know that I would like to come down to Orlando next year, I would like to spend a few days a Universal with my 2 daughters who will be 13 and 8, then move on to WDW for a few days. My questions are this...

1) When would be a good time to come to Universal, Halloween or Christmas? I would like to come when its decorated for one of those 2 holidays.

2) How many days should I plan to stay at Universal then? This is more then likely be our only trip there so I want to make sure we make the most of it.

3) I would prefer to stay on sight of Universal, which hotel do you recommend?

4) Does Universal offer shuttle service to and from MCO?

If these questions could get answered it would be greatly appreciated. :worship: Then I can go on from there!!

Thank you in advance for all you help!! :goodvibes

Zim
09-18-2011, 05:57 PM
1) When would be a good time to come to Universal, Halloween or Christmas? I would like to come when its decorated for one of those 2 holidays.

I've been for both... but Universal doesn't do much for Halloween unless you're older and can enjoy Halloween Horror Nights. So I'd suggest the week after Thanksgiving if you'll take them out of school - always less crowded if you're willing to do that. Disney will be all decorated for Christmas at that point with their special Holiday Party nights going

2) How many days should I plan to stay at Universal then? This is more then likely be our only trip there so I want to make sure we make the most of it.

We usually do two nights and have a day per park

3) I would prefer to stay on sight of Universal, which hotel do you recommend?

Your girls will love Hard Rock Hotel - the rock music plays everywhere (even under the water in the pool)

4) Does Universal offer shuttle service to and from MCO?

No... no shuttle service provided by the hotel like Disney. In fact, there is another thread discussing how most people prefer to do Disney first - you get the Magical Express to your hotel, take a cab when it's time to go to Universal, then either a cab or a shuttle service like Mears for the trek back to the airport.

I can't recall the name of the thread, but it was written in the last week or so....

Hope those suggestions help!

macraven
09-18-2011, 08:10 PM
you would probably like the park during the christmas holiday time.

universal will have parades and things only done during that time of the year.
the park is decorated as such.

for halloween, only the motherland has mk decorated for that time of the year.
universal holds a hard ticket event, hhn, from end of september thru october each year.
their hard ticket even is recommended for those over 13.

redheadtove
09-19-2011, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the info!!! I was leaning more towards the Christmas season. :santa:

MrsMud
09-20-2011, 06:42 AM
Another thing to consider, if you do stay onsite (which I highly recommend), the room rates in the first half December are cheaper than in October during HHN. In fact if you book far enough out you can get some of the cheapest rates of the year.

Metro West
09-20-2011, 07:04 AM
Thanks for the info!!! I was leaning more towards the Christmas season. :santa: You won't be disappointed.