PDA

View Full Version : Grinch Brkfst Resv??

supermom0726
09-18-2011, 04:19 PM
Ok so we've never been to Universal and are gonna take a day out of our upcoming Disney trip to check out IOA. I just called and booked the Grinch Brkfst and the serv rep only asked for my name and phone number, I got no conf #, she didnt ask for any pymt or my email and all times I wanted were available.....is this normal?? If we get there and aren't actually reserved my kids will be CRUSHED!!!!

Zim
09-18-2011, 06:24 PM
Just to check, did you make the ressie for a Thursday or Sunday? Those are the only two days they have character breakfasts. If that was clear you should be fine, it's really a low key thing. It's never been packed when we went, so even if the ressie got messed up, they should have no problem seating you. You could always double check your name is "on the list" a few days before you get there. Then if it's not it should still be plenty of time to get it.

When are you going? It's not always a Grinch breakfast, especially if it's not around December... sometimes it's Spiderman, sometimes Wolverine... and then Cat in the Hat and Thing 1 and Thing 2. We've never seen the Grinch there

Metro West
09-18-2011, 07:37 PM
The Grinch character breakfast is only available during Grinchmas at IOA. It won't start until December 3rd this year.

macraven
09-18-2011, 08:00 PM
when ever i ate at confisco grille for the spidey breakfast, i did not receive a confirmation number.

your name will be on a list for the date and time.

confirmation numbers are not usually issued.

it's a small place.
you check in at the front counter in the first room you enter then wait for your name to be called.

looking back, the first time i had a ressie for the character breakfast, i wonder too about not getting a confirmation #.
the next time, i knew the program and wasn't concerned.

supermom0726
09-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Yes we are going during Grinchmas so the meal occurs more frequently from what I was told, hope our family enjoys our first IOA experience, thanks for your answers!!:yay:

Zim
09-23-2011, 03:20 PM
The Grinch character breakfast is only available during Grinchmas at IOA. It won't start until December 3rd this year.

Welp, I made my reservation for December 1st (our last day there).

I'm guessing we'll be seeing the usual Spiderman and Cat in the Hat. Oddly enough the email reservation confirmation came back stating it was The Character Breakfast with the Grinch. But my bet is Metro is correct, and they were just thinking "Oh, December, must be Grinch then..." :) Especially since I see on their website that their Christmas stuff starts on December 3rd. What a bummer... everyone else starts early (we're looking forward to seeing Seaworld Christmas decor).