PDA

View Full Version : Universal With A 4 Yr Old

leno1
09-17-2011, 02:55 PM
My grandson will be turning 4 while we are in Orlando. He loves the super hero's. Was wondering if he is too young to enjoy Universal? Would it be worth the price of admission for all of us?:cool1:

Melanie230
09-17-2011, 03:16 PM
He will enjoy Universal. Our first visit to US/IOA was in March of 2006...our daughter had turned 4 in February of 2006 and she loved it! Have fun!

Metro West
09-17-2011, 08:46 PM
My grandson will be turning 4 while we are in Orlando. He loves the super hero's. Was wondering if he is too young to enjoy Universal? Would it be worth the price of admission for all of us?:cool1: I think he would have a lot of fun and both parks. There are plenty of things for younger kids to do. Since he likes super heroes, he could see the parade and have his picture taken with them. Also at IOA there's Camp Jurassic, Seuss Landing (including If I Ran The Zoo) and the Jurassic Park Discovery Center as well as Me Ship, The Olive. At the Studios, he would enjoy E.T. and the Woody Woodpecker's KidZone. Don't miss the Curious George Goes To Town water play area or Fievel's Playland. If he likes animals, the Animal Actors On Location show is really cute.

Darcy03231
09-17-2011, 08:49 PM
We took my niece when she was 3.5 and she had a great time. She loved all the rides (especially Suess' Landing), the shows, and the play areas.

Zim
09-18-2011, 05:45 PM
I concur... both parks have great giant play areas for little kids. And the superheros are priceless to see. And while we've never been in the dinosaur discovery building, I hear great things about that place for small kids.

dsmom
09-18-2011, 05:50 PM
don't miss the Barney show! our son LOVES it! there is a character show and

book reading inside Circus McGurcus now and it is great!

our son also loves ET, the woody coaster, the carousel, one fish two fish,

High in the sky trolley train , the climbing area in Jurassic Park, and his favorite,

Cat in the Hat.

ccgirl
09-30-2011, 02:58 PM
OP - thanks for posting this. We are thinking of a trip May 2012 and my DD will be 9 and my DS 4. I was wondering the same thing. I forgot Barnie was there. He still really likes him so I think that will be fun.

proud_canadian
10-02-2011, 03:54 PM
I think it depends on the child.

When we went to Disney (no uninversal) last year, DD3 went on everything. Dinosaur, test track, soarin, etc. This year we went to universal and islands of adventure (plus sea world, blizzard beach and magic kingdom). Younger DD is now 4.5.

All of a sudden she decided she was terrified of everything. She wouldn't go on ET even!!! So we had to use child swap for every ride! It was good for DD7 as she got to ride everything twice, but it added a lot of time to our touring plan as we had to wait for two rides, one for DH and one for me!

MrRomance
10-03-2011, 05:31 AM
My grandson will be turning 4 while we are in Orlando. He loves the super hero's. Was wondering if he is too young to enjoy Universal? Would it be worth the price of admission for all of us?:cool1:

My daughter turned 4 in March 2008 and we went to US in the August. From my perspective, I would say US would be worth it for your grandson, but I wouldn't bother with UIA because the majority of the park is thrill rides that he won't be able to go on. There is stuff for smaller kids, but it really isn't worth the admission for an entire family.

Just my opinion and it does to some degree depend on how tall your grandson is, but I would buy a 1 day pass that covers both parks, spend most of your day in US and just hop over to UIA for an hour or so to see the super heros.

dsmom
10-03-2011, 10:19 AM
with our son we spend most of our time in IOA- there is so much for kids- (re-read above post of mine and Metro West's).

i think a 4 year old would love the story telling and character meet and greet

at Circus McGurcus- it was packed every time we saw it- kids were having

a blast.

nytimez
10-03-2011, 10:47 AM
I think a 4-year-old can enjoy Universal... but I don't think there's enough for them to do there. You might have to take turns watching him with someone else in your party in the various play areas, which isn't the most exciting way for an adult to spend a day (and money) in a theme park.